+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for TRV within Canada with PGWP and no job offer yet

letyrone

Apr 25, 2013
Hi Friends,

My situation:
1. Currently residing in Canada since 2013 ( came to Canada in 2013 on Study Permit).
2. Graduated from Masters program in April 2015 and PGWP was issued in August 2015 for 3 years.
3. Current TRV expired last week and is planning to apply for new TRV from within Canada for the duration of the PGWP.
4. Reason for applying for new TRV is since I plan to travel outside Canada to visit family for my brother wedding next month.
5. I am still looking for jobs and is currently unemployed.

Question:
1. Can I apply for new TRV from within canada with recently issued PGWP while NOT having an offer of employment yet?
2. The TRV application form has a field to show the amount of funds. For my situation can some one please advice how much of funds to declare? I have little less than CAD 10K in savings, and I plan to apply for the TRV for the duration of the PGWP. Since I recently graduated and is still looking for jobs I am wondering whether that would affect the TRV application.
3. What amount is a reasonable amount or does it matter if some one is a recent graduate who just got the PGWP and is actively looking for jobs.?

Your feedbacks will be greatly appreciated.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
letyrone said:
1. Can I apply for new TRV from within canada with recently issued PGWP while NOT having an offer of employment yet?
Yes

letyrone said:
2. The TRV application form has a field to show the amount of funds. For my situation can some one please advice how much of funds to declare? I have little less than CAD 10K in savings, and I plan to apply for the TRV for the duration of the PGWP. Since I recently graduated and is still looking for jobs I am wondering whether that would affect the TRV application.
3. What amount is a reasonable amount or does it matter if some one is a recent graduate who just got the PGWP and is actively looking for jobs.?
You have not used the tool right?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp

Please use it. PGWP need just the following:

- PGWP
- Passport
- Forms
- Digital picture
- Fee

j.a.jaimes20

Jul 21, 2015
Hey guys,

I am currently in a similar situation. Im unemployed and I am applying for a TRV. I think I used the tool right because they only asked me for the items Jalex listed. But I noticed that in the IMM5257E they ask for the FUNDS AVAILABLE FOR MY STAY, as well as EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION. I was wondering if being unemployed and having 4500 dollars in my savings account could affect my application.

Thanks for your help,

Juan

LlAmour

Oct 3, 2021
Hey guys,

I am currently in a similar situation. Im unemployed and I am applying for a TRV. I think I used the tool right because they only asked me for the items Jalex listed. But I noticed that in the IMM5257E they ask for the FUNDS AVAILABLE FOR MY STAY, as well as EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION. I was wondering if being unemployed and having 4500 dollars in my savings account could affect my application.

Thanks for your help,

Juan
Hi, did u end up getting TRV without a job offer? What did you write on the section where they ask about the person u visiting? When I checked videos on YouTube, they normally write the employer in that section. Kindly help. Thanx