+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

applying for TRV .. SHOULD I MENTION THAT I WAS A PERMANENT RESIDENT BEFORE

anusai

Star Member
Jun 25, 2011
I am applying for TRV.. I was a permanent resident before but surrendered it last year as I could not maintain it.

Now that I am applying for visitor visa to meet my sons who live in Canada, do I have to explain why I surrendered my PR card in the additional information form?? is there any need to provide any additional information to canadian embassy?

Also... the employment history .. have a question on that

I am employed with my present company for the last 10 years. It is not contract job and I can continue as long as I want

so for the date of employment I have filled up

from... xxxxxxx date

to ________________________ ( should I leave it blank or should i put 2014-02) since my application is
dated in the month of feb.

hope the visa officer does not think that my job will end this month and that way i have no ties to
my country of residence, and bases his judgement on that

SO should i leave that blank???
please advise

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
anusai said:
I am applying for TRV.. I was a permanent resident before but surrendered it last year as I could not maintain it.

Now that I am applying for visitor visa to meet my sons who live in Canada, do I have to explain why I surrendered my PR card in the additional information form?? is there any need to provide any additional information to canadian embassy?
If it says "explain" then explain it.

Give as much information as requested. Don't give more don't give less.

anusai said:
Also... the employment history .. have a question on that

I am employed with my present company for the last 10 years. It is not contract job and I can continue as long as I want

so for the date of employment I have filled up

from... xxxxxxx date

to ________________________ ( should I leave it blank or should i put 2014-02) since my application is
dated in the month of feb.

hope the visa officer does not think that my job will end this month and that way i have no ties to
my country of residence, and bases his judgement on that

SO should i leave that blank???
please advise
It clearly says: UNTIL. So if you put a date it means you had that work UNTIL that date.

Leave it blank.

Picante

Feb 20, 2014
As far as an employment ending date, I would not leave it blank as that would equate to your paperwork being "incomplete". Instead, I would write in "current" on that line, as you have not turned in a resignation and do not have an ending date, this will show the processor that you are currently still employed within the position/employer.

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anusai,

Did yr husband get the visit visa? My husband is in a similar position and I'm curious to know about the outcome.

Thanks.