+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for study permit as my PGWP is expiring soon!

PurtiDesai

Feb 22, 2022
Hello,
I am trying to apply for study permit. My current PGWP expires on 3rd May 2022.
As per the instructions, I am filling the IMM5709e Form. But it keeps giving me the following error when I try to upload it :- "Your status expiry date in the answer you provided previously does not correspond to the Restoration in your form. Modify your answers or the value in your form."

Can you please guide me on how to resolve this? Please help

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,
I am trying to apply for study permit. My current PGWP expires on 3rd May 2022.
As per the instructions, I am filling the IMM5709e Form. But it keeps giving me the following error when I try to upload it :- "Your status expiry date in the answer you provided previously does not correspond to the Restoration in your form. Modify your answers or the value in your form."

Can you please guide me on how to resolve this? Please help
Did you restore your status as a student first and pay the fees? After restoring status as a student, you apply for a study permit.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/apply.html

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your reply!

So as per : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5552-applying-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada-student.html#restoration

^ I can only restore my status as a student after 3rd May?

If yes, then meanwhile what status should I provide to my University when I start studying there from 1st May 2022?
You can't start your studies until you have an approved study permit.

If you haven't applied for the study permit yet, I don't see how you're going to be able to start studying May 1st. You should defer to the next semester.

Reactions: Naturgrl

PurtiDesai

Feb 22, 2022
Thanks for your response @scylla ... thats quite a sad news!

I was trying to apply but the form is not being accepted on the portal. I needed help with the error message : "Your status expiry date in the answer you provided previously does not correspond to the Restoration in your form. Modify your answers or the value in your form."

So I cannot apply for study permit anymore? Atleast not before 4th of May? (My PGWP expires on 3rd May)

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Thanks for your reply!

So as per : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5552-applying-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada-student.html#restoration

^ I can only restore my status as a student after 3rd May?

If yes, then meanwhile what status should I provide to my University when I start studying there from 1st May 2022?
I don't think you can start studying until you have your application approved.

You do not need to apply for restoration of status because you still have status.

You can apply for a Study Permit while still holding a valid PGWP, if approved you can hold both permits simultaneously. However, this does not seem to be the case for you, as it is extremely unlikely you will be able to see your study permit application approved by May 1st.

You cannot study unless you hold a valid study permit, not in process, but already approved.

Thanks for your response @scylla ... thats quite a sad news!

I was trying to apply but the form is not being accepted on the portal. I needed help with the error message : "Your status expiry date in the answer you provided previously does not correspond to the Restoration in your form. Modify your answers or the value in your form."

So I cannot apply for study permit anymore? Atleast not before 4th of May? (My PGWP expires on 3rd May)
NO!!! You are not supposed to apply for restoration of status. You are supposed to apply for a new study permit.

I don't get why you're trying to apply to restore your status. This is something you do once you NO longer have a valid status.

You are free to apply for a new study permit any time. You could, and should have done this several months ago.

As of now, you will have to leave the country by early May. (unless you want to apply to restore your status to stay as a visitor for up to 6 months)

PurtiDesai

Feb 22, 2022
I certainly do not want to leave the country by early May. Can you please guide me WHERE can I apply to restore my status as a visitor?

Also, I'm assuming that during this extended period of 6 months I wont be able to work in my current job, is that correct?

Please help..!!

Anywayw

Jun 17, 2022
I am stuck tooo my work permit expires next month on the 17th and I keep getting this status expiry date in the answer you provided previously does not correspong to the restoration in your form. Please HELP