+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Spouse Visa " Need Help"

sachopr

Jun 15, 2013
Hi,

I am sponsoring my husband.i am a PR in Canada.

I have completed the file for spouse visa however not submitted yet as i have some doubts which are unanswered.

Firstly: Please clear some doubts: The Form # 1344 E asking for principal applicant name. Is it my husband or me?

As per my understanding i have put my husband name under principal applicant and under personal details i have given all my details.
Now as this is an online form after filling when i click on validate, it has two boxes on the top of every page with applicant name and DOB and under these boxes my family name and DOB is appearing.Please confirm is it the correct?

2nd Question: i already have the last page of this 1344 form with my husband's sign on it as my husband has couriered the file to me with all his documents and forms attached where his signature was required and now i have to attach the rest of the pages of this form after filling it online.The concern is that my husband has sent to me the page 6 of 7 of 1344 after signing it as it requires husband and wifes signature, however On the top of the 6 of 7 page it shows my husband's name as applicant name and his DOB, where in the pages i have filled it shows my name and DOB on it. So is it ok if i attach this 6 of 7 page which shows my husband name as applicant name and his DOB on the top boxes with rest of the pages that i printed out with my name and DOB as applicant name or Shall i use fluid to hide my husband name and DOB and then put my name and DOB on the top box of 6 of 7 page. and also the pages of 1344 form which i have printed out has a 9 digit code on the bottom right of every page which is the same on all the pages however the page # 6 of 7 that my husband has sent to me with his signature doesn't have any numeric code at the bottom right, so should i put that code by pen or should i leave it as it is or do you think that its a big issue and i should ask my husband to courier me the complete 1344 form from india after signing the 6 of 7 page along with all the pages.

Please suggest.

Please reply at the earliest.

gamyover

Apr 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
Doc's Request.
8-11-2013
AOR Received.
10-08-2013 CPC-M, 8-11-2013 Mexico VO
File Transfer...
22-08-2013
Med's Done....
19-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
16-04-2014
I'm not an expert like some people of this forum, but I've been reading a lot of posts here and for what I have understand I don't think you can do any handwriting in the two forms that need to be validated due of the bar codes. I don't know about that specific page with the signatures but I don't think put fluid on it would be a good idea :-X. I wouldn't do it anyway.

I was thinking about how to manage this issue of my signature on that form so my husband has it, and what I did, is I filled out that form with the answers he gave me, I'll make the validation, the printing, I'll sign it, and send it to him. Then he is going to add it to his part of the app.

Anyway maybe someone with more knowledge than me would tell you more about it.

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
You are the sponsor, he is the applicant so where it has applicant's DOB it should have his. All of the Applicant's forms should be completed by him and sent to you for you to submit to CIC. You should complete the Sponsorship forms.

Form 1344 when I completed it (they do update occasionally) was for the Applicant to complete. There is no other form otherwise that capture these details of the Applicant and CIC need to know who is applying to move to Canada.

sachopr

Jun 15, 2013
I still think that this form 1344 E has to be filled by me as i am the sponsor on the top of the form it says Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking.

Kindly double check and confirm. There are two columns on this form where i need to add the names.

first question 4.Person you are sponsoring (Principal Applicant)
According to me i have put in the name of the person whom i am sponsoring.

second question: Sponsor personal details:
In this question i have entered my personal details . the sponsors details.

Kindly confirm have i filled it correctly or not.

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
sachopr said:
I still think that this form 1344 E has to be filled by me as i am the sponsor on the top of the form it says Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking.

Kindly double check and confirm. There are two columns on this form where i need to add the names.

first question 4.Person you are sponsoring (Principal Applicant)
According to me i have put in the name of the person whom i am sponsoring.

second question: Sponsor personal details:
In this question i have entered my personal details . the sponsors details.

Kindly confirm have i filled it correctly or not.
It sounds like you have completed it correctly. I've double-checked against my application. The Principal Applicant is your husband, you are the sponsor, the sponsor's forms must be completed by you.

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
The form seems to have changed since mine last year. Follow the guidance notes. They're quite specific and helpful most of the time.

gamyover

Apr 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
Doc's Request.
8-11-2013
AOR Received.
10-08-2013 CPC-M, 8-11-2013 Mexico VO
File Transfer...
22-08-2013
Med's Done....
19-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
16-04-2014
Ok I see maybe you are more confused now, the IMM1344 should be filled out by the sponsor, and is the name of the sponsor and his/her DOB that appears in that box too.

You make the question because the page with the signature you husband sent you is different from the others as is his name appearing there, and because of the numbers in the bottom of the page. You asked if you can use fluid and change the information by hand, that's why I'm told you I'm not really sure about that. Maybe it's better do it again and do it right so you have no problems with CIC.

I said I filled the form for my hubby (my sponsor) with the answers he gave me, that way I can sign the document and sent it to him so he do the same. I would ask maybe one of the VIP members as they know more about this immigration stuff

Good look ;D