+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for PR through family class while pregnant

marikoi

May 14, 2015
Hi there,

First of all thank you in advance for reading my post. Just to give you my background story, i am a japanese citizen who married my Canadian citizen husband earlier this january. I am looking to apply for my PR through my husband's sponsorship, the only problem is i am now 5 months pregnant (due in june). I know that before the whole application is completed including the medical exam (with X-ray), my applications will be delayed until completed. But my question is, is it worth it to apply now without the x-ray and send the x-ray after the birth? or will the processing time be the same if i sent my whole application after the baby is born? i guess what i'm trying to say is are they gonna move forward with any portion of the application if i applied now incompeted (such as the sponsor's assessment portion)?

Another thing is we both reside in canada now (myself on working visa), but i am planning to give birth in Japan and stay there for about a year, so is my husband. If i sent my initial application from canada, is it going to be an issue that i sent the x-ray from japan? Would it be an issue that our address of contact will change to japan?

I would highly appreciate any advise or comments!

Thank you so much

Mariko

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

There is no issue with doing the medical now without the X-ray and submitting the app. CIC will process the sponsor's portion of the app.

However, moving to Japan mid-process will most likely cause issues. You will have to notify CIC of this address change. When they realize that your husband is living outside of Canada, they will then request proof of intent to return. If he cannot provide any proof, the app will be refused.