+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for PG/ master degree in Canada

ish11

Jul 8, 2014
mead said:
well ur consultant is lying unless he is adding living expenses with it too......concordia has 26k tuition for 2 years. roughly 13k per year, consultants want u to go to college as they get money for sending students to college . I think most universities will be under 15k per year if ur doing masters and not MBA. u should check out university websites for details rather than believing consultants blindly.
Thanks mead. I checked many universities too and I got around CAD $ 6K - $ 15K tuition expenses and I rechecked them many times because my consultancy create an illusion of expensive universities in Canada. I argued them many times and when my bro who is in USA also told me to have a try for Masters degree over Post Graduate Diploma, then I told them to apply me to Masters program. Now they are revealing truth. Anyway thanks for the info mate. Thanks alot... :)

gosanket

Jul 24, 2014
hello, the consultant you are talking about , CANAM is a thug. i also went there in Anamnagar couple of times and they always insisted i persue PG Diploma...I want to but the course duration is of 1 year. They say that getting into Uni is very expensive and competitive. They let you down and makes you leave all the option and enroll for PG diploma even if you got good grades. I am a civil engineer too and applying to the universities first . I meet all the requirements too but I think I dont have good research topic that might interest them. I am from nepal too. contact me on gosanket@gmail.com
lets share

ish11

Jul 8, 2014
gosanket said:
hello, the consultant you are talking about , CANAM is a thug. i also went there in Anamnagar couple of times and they always insisted i persue PG Diploma...I want to but the course duration is of 1 year. They say that getting into Uni is very expensive and competitive. They let you down and makes you leave all the option and enroll for PG diploma even if you got good grades. I am a civil engineer too and applying to the universities first . I meet all the requirements too but I think I dont have good research topic that might interest them. I am from nepal too. contact me on gosanket @ gmail.com
lets share
Yup I know their evil thoughts already. And I told them that I am not gonna apply for 1 year PG Diploma unless I have atleast 2 yr PG course for me that consists of at least 3 sem each. And due to my instance, they failed to provide me the required course and now I am gonna apply for the Universities. Lets see what happens. Would you please share your academic profile and experience ( if any ) here?

viking7

Oct 2, 2013
dont know about canam, but geebee has been very open and have recommended to apply for masters over pg diploma/certificate
i will be applying for msc in comp.sci in some universities myself besides letting them apply for their "suggested" universities ;)

gosanket

Jul 24, 2014
ish11 said:
Yup I know their evil thoughts already. And I told them that I am not gonna apply for 1 year PG Diploma unless I have atleast 2 yr PG course for me that consists of at least 3 sem each. And due to my instance, they failed to provide me the required course and now I am gonna apply for the Universities. Lets see what happens. Would you please share your academic profile and experience ( if any ) here?
My academic profile:
10th: 85.13%
12th: 74.8%
BE four year agg: 71.01%
BE degree( avg of last two years as in transcript): 76.23%
1 year work exerience in irrigtion sector
IELTS: 7.5 (L: 7.5 R: 7.5 W: 7 S: 7)

I am also looking for Unis with low tuition fees.
What are the chances the getting into the uni like carleton, Windsor, etc etc..

ish11

Jul 8, 2014
gosanket said:
My academic profile:
10th: 85.13%
12th: 74.8%
BE four year agg: 71.01%
BE degree( avg of last two years as in transcript): 76.23%
1 year work exerience in irrigtion sector
IELTS: 7.5 (L: 7.5 R: 7.5 W: 7 S: 7)

I am also looking for Unis with low tuition fees.
What are the chances the getting into the uni like carleton, Windsor, etc etc..
You have a good chance for admission. Mostly Canadian Universities prefer above First Division but they appreciate above 70%. Your grades are far more better than that. so apply for some competitive universities as your chances are high. You could apply for University of Alberta and University of British Columbia with out paying application fees to see your chances there becoz they waive application Fees for underdeveloped country like Nepal ( See UN list of Underdeveloped Country in the University Website to verify that too). you could save CAD $ 100 during application to those universities.In addition, I suggest you to apply for University of Regina. Its Tuition is low too and a good reputed university as well. Apart from that, You could apply for University of Manitoba and Memorial University of New Foundland which are more economical too.
Note that your country of residence and mailing address should be in under developed country for Application Fee waiver.

gosanket

Jul 24, 2014
ish11 said:
You have a good chance for admission. Mostly Canadian Universities prefer above First Division but they appreciate above 70%. Your grades are far more better than that. so apply for some competitive universities as your chances are high. You could apply for University of Alberta and University of British Columbia with out paying application fees to see your chances there becoz they waive application Fees for underdeveloped country like Nepal ( See UN list of Underdeveloped Country in the University Website to verify that too). you could save CAD $ 100 during application to those universities.In addition, I suggest you to apply for University of Regina. Its Tuition is low too and a good reputed university as well. Apart from that, You could apply for University of Manitoba and Memorial University of New Foundland which are more economical too.
Note that your country of residence and mailing address should be in under developed country for Application Fee waiver.
Thanks for the info! But the problem is the documentation part as I graduated from India and I want to enroll for course based programs. I really don't have any concrete research ideas in to apply for MSc. I have decided to apply to 2 good universities & 2 mediocre universities. Do you know any Canadian universities with high acceptance rate?

ish11

Jul 8, 2014
gosanket said:
Thanks for the info! But the problem is the documentation part as I graduated from India and I want to enroll for course based programs. I really don't have any concrete research ideas in to apply for MSc. I have decided to apply to 2 good universities & 2 mediocre universities. Do you know any Canadian universities with high acceptance rate?
Depends on your SOP that how you present yourself to the admission committee and your LORs influence that decision too and also the competition between the applicants. Getting in MSC is tough coz you need to have a supervisor in the faculty already who is ready to supervise you. If you can persuade them then you could get admission in MSc Program with funding too. And thats the best part of it. Try applying to at least 5-6 universities bro.

gosanket

Jul 24, 2014
ish11 said:
Depends on your SOP that how you present yourself to the admission committee and your LORs influence that decision too and also the competition between the applicants. Getting in MSC is tough coz you need to have a supervisor in the faculty already who is ready to supervise you. If you can persuade them then you could get admission in MSc Program with funding too. And thats the best part of it. Try applying to at least 5-6 universities bro.
Good.... I now find that most universities offer TA for research students! They ask for research papers and all! Could you list some uni w/reasonable tuition fees! MacGill acceptance rate is quiet high @ 46% despite being no. 1 university of Canada. Doesn't it sound strange?

ish11

Jul 8, 2014
gosanket said:
Good.... I now find that most universities offer TA for research students! They ask for research papers and all! Could you list some uni w/reasonable tuition fees! MacGill acceptance rate is quiet high @ 46% despite being no. 1 university of Canada. Doesn't it sound strange?
Canada major attraction for international students is its low tuition fees which are usually below $ 15,000 CAD in Universities. Now its upto you that how much can you afford in tuition. And if you get accepted in MSc ( thesis) course then you have almost 90% chance to get an assistantship which will cover your tuition as well as living expenses aw well. But as I told earlier, getting in thesis course is quite tough and sometimes needs luck too.
Memorial University, Univ of Regina, Manitoba etc all have their tuition below $ 10,000 per year. Do some research which matches your choice. Thanks...

canrushi

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2014
Nomination.....
24-12-2014
IELTS Request
Already sent with appln
Med's Request
30-03-2015 (Still MR for child is pending)
Med's Done....
Me and Spouse - 15th March, Kid - 5th May... 3rd line - 12th May
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-07-2015
Hi,

What will be my chances of getting admit for masters program though I hold master of science degree from USA?

Please advise!!!

Thanks,

gill9

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
hello ,
any1 plz let me noe m i eligible for masters in computer science in carleton university.
m profile is
10th -> 80.4%.
12th -> 77.6%
btech(cse) -> 80.23%
ielts 6.5 bands(with no less than 6)
plz let me noe any other university i can apply for jan 2015 intake

viking7

Oct 2, 2013
gill9 said:
hello ,
any1 plz let me noe m i eligible for masters in computer science in carleton university.
m profile is
10th -> 80.4%.
12th -> 77.6%
btech(cse) -> 80.23%
ielts 6.5 bands(with no less than 6)
plz let me noe any other university i can apply for jan 2015 intake
u could have easily got in carleton had your ielts score been 7 or above, suggest you to retake and get that score.