+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

applying for my trv

noelle1024

Apr 29, 2008
here is my situation. any opinions advice is more then welcome.

1. i am a filipino citizen, currently living in Argentina. My husband is Canadian and our daughter is Argentinian.
2. we are wanting to go visit canada so my sister-in-law and my husbands daugther from a previous relationship, and aunts and uncles can meet our new daughter.
3. since my husbands is canadian he has no problem entering the country.
4. I currently am only in a visitors visa here in Arg. we will migrate here but haven't done our papers and will plan to do it after we have returned from our trip.
5. My husband has alot of family, including his parents that live in Arg.
6. I have alot of family including my parents that live in the philippines.
7. The only asset we have in Arg is our house, which is under my husbands name.
8. I have a bank account in Canada.
9. I have assests in the Philippines such as bank accounts, properties and private stock shares.
10. This wont be the first time to apply for a trv. I studied in Canada on a student visa from 1999-2006

I dont really know what my question is, but i was confident I would get my visa but after reading previous posts about other people getting denied I am now worried. I am no longer sure if I will get approved. I was aprroved before when I had less, but now I am not certain anymore.

We were going to come back to Arg, since we have been living here for the past 2 years, but I am worried that I will get denied because I am do not hold a resident status. as well as since our house is under my husbands name and we do not have any other assets in this country.

Would it be better if I were to show instead of returning back to Arg that I'd be returning to the philippines instead? then from there fly back to arg. I just think that maybe my chances would be better since I have more assests that are under my name in the philippines. Actually I have no assests waht so ever here in Arg.

The only thing we have in Canada is a joint bank account between me and my sister-in-law. my husband has no bank accounts or property in canada.

any inputs? what are your thoughts?