+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

applying for LMO

moey03

Nov 12, 2012
I am currently working at Tim Hortons now for 3 months... my working holiday VISA will expire next year of june, do I still need to get a new LMO from my employer at Tim Hortons or just a job offer letter then apply for work permit or extension? because I thought getting an LMO is before getting hired.. thanks..

any help would be greatly appreciated... thanks..

sypnicole

Oct 22, 2012
moey03 said:
I am currently working at Tim Hortons now for 3 months... my working holiday VISA will expire next year of june, do I still need to get a new LMO from my employer at Tim Hortons or just a job offer letter then apply for work permit or extension? because I thought getting an LMO is before getting hired.. thanks..

Hi ,

You need to ask your employer to apply LMO for you and they need to do the advertise on the newspaper or job bank for at least two weeks also they need to tell the reason why they need you to work for them instead of canadian. LMO approval is based on specific jobs and title also you need the offer letter to apply the LMO as well. After you received your LMO then you can apply work permit (included extension) online by yourself.
Its easier to apply while you are working for your employer.
LMO is just the paper to help you to apply work permit.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
moey03 said:

Yes - you need an approved LMO. No LMO = no work permit.