+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for husband’s trv. Advice needed

Rhny

Feb 10, 2023
I am applying for my husband’s Trv from Pakistan.
I already have TRV approved until 2030. We are family of 3 , son is a minor and US citizen.

He has a previous refusal i applied for his sowp but my study permit was rejected and hence his application as well.
These were the refusal reasons

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 200(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-200.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Now if i am applying for his TRV this time should i also show my financials along with his ? He has his own business documents and statements. How much does he need to show ? We are applying for tourism purposes for 10-14 days during school break.

Last edited:

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I already have TRV approved until 2030. We are family of 3 , son is a minor and US citizen.

He has a previous refusal i applied for his sowp but my study permit was rejected and hence his application as well.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 200(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-200.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Now if i am applying for his TRV this time should i also show my financials along with his ? He has his own business documents and statements. How much does he need to show ? We are applying for tourism purposes for 10-14 days during school break.
“Can someone help clarify some questions i have in regards to seeking asylum and having spouse overseas?”

You posted the above . What EXACTLY are your plans ? Seriously.

If you were approved and he was refused , he’s your tie to return

FYI - You’re looking at being separated for years .

Last edited:

Rhny

Feb 10, 2023
“Can someone help clarify some questions i have in regards to seeking asylum and having spouse overseas?”

You posted the above . What EXACTLY are your plans ? Seriously.

If you were approved and he was refused , he’s your tie to return

FYI - You’re looking at being separated for years .
it was only a simple question i asked about asylum, please relax and if you cannot help do not reply!

i did not apply my visa with him, my visa was filed separately and i got approved. Now i am applying for him to be able travel together. It’s nothing wrong with it. If you cannot advise on it please keep your judgements and opinions to yourself.

Reactions: stevogooner

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

- Make sure he declares the previous refusal in his new application.
- You can show both of your financials. I would say his are more important.
- You will also want to show evidence that he owns and runs the business, plus any other evidence to show ties (e.g. property ownership).

Reactions: Rhny

Rhny

Feb 10, 2023
- Make sure he declares the previous refusal in his new application.
- You can show both of your financials. I would say his are more important.
- You will also want to show evidence that he owns and runs the business, plus any other evidence to show ties (e.g. property ownership).
yes we are declaring his previous refusal, and we have all these documents you mentioned above. How much should we both have in total for a trip of 10-14 days ?

Thank you for your help

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
yes we are declaring his previous refusal, and we have all these documents you mentioned above. How much should we both have in total for a trip of 10-14 days ?

Thank you for your help
I'm not sure I would say there is a specific amount. The more the better.

I would say an absolute minimum of $10K between the two of you. However that is on the very low side and would mean that you're spending all of your savings to visit Canada. Much more would be better.

Rhny

Feb 10, 2023
I'm not sure I would say there is a specific amount. The more the better.

I would say an absolute minimum of $10K between the two of you. However that is on the very low side and would mean that you're spending all of your savings to visit Canada. Much more would be better.
thanks for your sincere advice.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Have you worked or studied in the US? Your son was born in US and were you under a WP or SP? Was your son born in the past 5-10 years or was it longer?

Rhny

Feb 10, 2023
Have you worked or studied in the US? Your son was born in US and were you under a WP or SP? Was your son born in the past 5-10 years or was it longer?
I am in US on a Wp and yes i grew up here and studied and work here .My son was born in year 2017.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If biometric is already done as previously year.. do still need to wait for 300 days.
Biometrics are only a small portion of processing. Posted processing times are often incorrect and are also averages. Many of posted very long processing times are due to long processing times during Covid when many applications were put on hold. Would suggest looking at examples from other applying from the same region for an example of how long others are waiting. Whether applications are processed very fast or slower often depends on whether the application is being m processed by AI or manually processed (which is longer).

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
it was only a simple question i asked about asylum, please relax and if you cannot help do not reply!

i did not apply my visa with him, my visa was filed separately and i got approved. Now i am applying for him to be able travel together. It’s nothing wrong with it. If you cannot advise on it please keep your judgements and opinions to yourself.
It’s a public site , you post , people can and will reply . Calm down
Your choice

• Angry