+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for FSWP

APandey

Sep 3, 2014
Hi All,
I am planning to submit my application for FSW program. I am married and I have a one month old baby.
Initially I want to apply my self alone. I want to settle myself first in Canada, then I will bring (I will apply for PR) my wife and my child to Canada. My query is that;

1) Even I am applying alone I have to show any documents/details of my wife and child?
2) While filling application form they ask any details like:passport number, Marriage Certificate, etc of my wife?
3) What process I adopt so that it is easy to bring them to Canada after my settlement in Canada?
4) Is have to apply Passport or any other document for my child?

Senior Members please help!

Thanks in Advance!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1) Yes - you must show documents for your wife and child.
2) Yes - you must provide copies of these documents.
3) It depends on the country and the status of the child (is the child an orphan? a family member?)
4) Yes - you must have a passport for the child.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sorry - ignore my answer to question #3. I misunderstood your question.

To sponsor your wife and child later - you will need to sponsor your wife as your spouse through family class and include your child as a dependent. How long this takes depends where they are from. It could take anywhere from several months to a few years. Also note that you will have to remain in Canada while their application is being processed - and they may not be allowed to come to Canada as visitors during this time. So sponsoring them later may mean you have to be separated as a family - possibly for quite a long time.

kish196

Sep 6, 2014
Hi Experts and Friends,

I will be applying Canada PR in FSW program this month and i am a SINGLE PARENT of a 4yr old baby girl. I got divorced in 2012 and after which i travelled to the U.K for my MBA with my daughter as my dependent. Now my concern is that DO I NEED TO ATTACH THE DECLARATION OF NON ACCOMPANING PARENT FOR MY DAUGHTER OR NOT ?? AS HE IS UNTRACEABLE. WE ARE TOTALLY IN NO TOUCH SINCE AFTER THE DIVORCE And he is not given ANY child's expenses/education expenses till date since 2012.

BIG CONFUSION.
1- HE IS NOT HER PARENT ANYMORE. DO I NEED TO ATTACH ANY OF HIS DOCUMENT AS A NON ACCOMPANING PARENT?
2- IF YES, I DO NOT HAVE ANY SUCH HIS ID PROOFS. WHAT SHALL I DO IN THAT CASE?
3- IF I NOTARISED A LETTER FROM THE COURT FOR THE SAME , WILL THAT SUFFICE MY APPLICATION?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.... HELP ME FRIENDS WITH USEFUL ADVICES AND DOCUMENT FORMATS IF NEEDED.
Drop me an email if needed- kish.haya@gmail.com

Thanks in advance....!!