Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 26, 2012
Doc's Request.
Traffic Report sent July 11, 2012.
AOR Received.
May 1, 2012
File Transfer...
May 16, 2012 CSQ Transfer....: June 6, 2012.
Med's Done....
January 3, 2012 ecas showing 'IN PROCESS' June 20, 2012.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
DM: July 29, 2012. PR doc in the mail !
Vokun said:
One question to those who got extension.

Did you guys mention in the form that you have applied for permanent resident visa or spouse visa?

Hi Vokun

I said my spouse submitted a spousal sponsorship application.

Not sure what others said?
:)

maggie465

Star Member
Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/08/2012
AOR Received.
04/10/2012
Med's Done....
completed 03/04/13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
22/05/13 (received 05/06/13, ECAS 29/05/13)
LANDED..........
08/06/13
Did you have a return ticket?

Sammi

Jan 13, 2012
Montreal QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 26, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
May 1, 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
maggie465 said:
Did you have a return ticket?
Yes, but I didn't need to mention that on the form.

maggie465

Star Member
Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/08/2012
AOR Received.
04/10/2012
Med's Done....
completed 03/04/13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
08/06/13
We are planning on applying for inland spousal sponsorship. can you actually apply outland and would they still give you extension to stay in Canada?

Sammi

Jan 13, 2012
Montreal QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 26, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
May 1, 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
maggie465 said:
We are planning on applying for inland spousal sponsorship. can you actually apply outland and would they still give you extension to stay in Canada?
Yes, I was skeptical about that too.. but after arriving in Canada on visitor visa we applied for outland PR and recently an extension to cover my stay in Canada while it's getting processed.

maggie465

Star Member
Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/08/2012
AOR Received.
04/10/2012
Med's Done....
completed 03/04/13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
08/06/13
Thank you so much for answering! So your visitor visa got extended while you applied outland. I thought I had to be outside canada to apply for outland, and couldn't be with my fiancee for a year or so. Did you mention that you were applying outland?

Sammi

Jan 13, 2012
Montreal QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 26, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
May 1, 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
maggie465 said:
Thank you so much for answering! So your visitor visa got extended while you applied outland. I thought I had to be outside canada to apply for outland, and couldn't be with my fiancee for a year or so. Did you mention that you were applying outland?

No probs, happy to help! :)

I'm not too sure about the PR process for fiancee's, we were married before I arrived in Canada (we married in my home country), but yeah you don't have to be outside of Canada to apply for outland, and I didn't mention on the extension I was applying for outland specifically, you just have to mention that you are going through spousal sponsorship (that's if you're married of course).

maggie465

Star Member
Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/08/2012
AOR Received.
04/10/2012
Med's Done....
completed 03/04/13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
08/06/13
I just have some second thoughts about proof of financial support. I filled in my fiance and parent names and address. Plus I included a T1 form from my fiance en a statement of employment from my dad. And than my own bankaccount information. Is that enough, or do I have to set up a letter that they will support me with their signatures?

How did you do this?

worththewait2012

Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will also be in the same situation come September.

The Outside Processing time is currently 14 months for his country+ and of course the 90 days initially for me to sponsor him.

-Can you prove online you are married without a certificate?
-I also read it was good to show reciept of payment that you have applied for PR when you extend the TRV.
- I am worried that a one year extension won't be enough for us. Can you get another one or does the clause of (waiting for an answer) just get implied.

Thanks for your help!!!

razza

May 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sammi said:
Hi Razza

I had completed my PR application and sent it in January but had not heard a reply (AOR) when I applied for an extension in March (my visitor visa expired May 1st). I applied for the extension in paper form (not online as I included documents like marriage certificate etc) - but keep in mind the processing times are about 40 days atm.

If you wanted to stay in Canada while your PR is getting processed you can apply for the extension for 12 months, I had actually put the date of 31st of December 2012 but they gave me 12 months. Although you don't need to physically be in Canada while an 'outside Canada' app is being processed (it's not effected if you leave).

The extension is processed through the CIC (in Canada) so you enter your Canadian address in the form.

Hope this helps! :)
Thank you for the solid advice! I'll definitely apply by mail, it seems like it gives me a greater window of time. I hope they give me 12 months extension, just in case I actually do need it - the application times are so long at the moment!

Sammi

Jan 13, 2012
Montreal QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 26, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
May 1, 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
maggie465 said:
I just have some second thoughts about proof of financial support. I filled in my fiance and parent names and address. Plus I included a T1 form from my fiance en a statement of employment from my dad. And than my own bankaccount information. Is that enough, or do I have to set up a letter that they will support me with their signatures?

How did you do this?
Sorry for taking so long to reply Maggie465!

I was hoping someone else may know the answer to this? As my situation is a little different, I have a joint bank account with my husband who earns a wage, so in that section I wrote I am supported by him and his income, I sent our bank statement and his pay slip..

Sorry I don't know if I've misread this, but are you in Canada now? and are extending your visitor visa? And you're currently staying with your fiancee? I apologise if I sound silly for asking! ::)

Sammi

Jan 13, 2012
Montreal QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 26, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
May 1, 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
worththewait2012 said:
I will also be in the same situation come September.

The Outside Processing time is currently 14 months for his country+ and of course the 90 days initially for me to sponsor him.

-Can you prove online you are married without a certificate?
-I also read it was good to show reciept of payment that you have applied for PR when you extend the TRV.
- I am worried that a one year extension won't be enough for us. Can you get another one or does the clause of (waiting for an answer) just get implied.

Thanks for your help!!!
Hi !

Wow that is a crazy waiting time, although I think you'll find that's a maximum and it quite possibly would be less than that (maybe look for other people that applied from your country on this forum and see how long it really takes!)

I'm not sure about applying online - can someone else help? - Although I imagine there is a upload section for attaching files to the app if you do have a marriage cert, I really don't know how else to prove??

I agree with supplying as much info as possible (and proof of PR app) when applying for extension, they will need to know that you've got that application underway.

Unfortunately his status in Canada is seperate to any application to stay, so if he wants to stay while the PR is getting processed he will have to keep applying for extensions.
(Although I'm not too familiar with a TRV as I am from a country that doesn't require a visa but I imagine it's the same).

Good luck! :)

Sammi

Jan 13, 2012
Montreal QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 26, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
May 1, 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
razza said:
Thank you for the solid advice! I'll definitely apply by mail, it seems like it gives me a greater window of time. I hope they give me 12 months extension, just in case I actually do need it - the application times are so long at the moment!
No worries Razza!

Just make sure you send in your app at least 30 days before your current visa is due to expire.
Ya the app times are crazy long! As if we aren't anxious enough while waiting!! :-X

Good luck! 8)

maggie465

Star Member
Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/08/2012
AOR Received.
04/10/2012
Med's Done....
completed 03/04/13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
08/06/13
Sammi said:
Sorry for taking so long to reply Maggie465!

I was hoping someone else may know the answer to this? As my situation is a little different, I have a joint bank account with my husband who earns a wage, so in that section I wrote I am supported by him and his income, I sent our bank statement and his pay slip..

Sorry I don't know if I've misread this, but are you in Canada now? and are extending your visitor visa? And you're currently staying with your fiancee? I apologise if I sound silly for asking! ::)
Thanks! Sorry for my late reply. You understand it correct, I'm in canada on a visitors visa which expires in a few days. We are just married, so I'm staying with my husband. So I send my visa extension almost 4 weeks ago. But they delayed the processing times, so have to wait longer for a reply about my visa extension...so frustrating (and this is just the beginning). We are now working on our application for sponsorship.

razza

May 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sammi said:
No worries Razza!

Just make sure you send in your app at least 30 days before your current visa is due to expire.
Ya the app times are crazy long! As if we aren't anxious enough while waiting!! :-X

Good luck! 8)
We submitted our application on 29 Feb 2012, and saw last week that they started working on them. We partner was approved for sponsorship this week, so now my application is off to the Sydney, Australia visa office. I wonder how long it takes now? I'm sure it won't be the 7 months the CIC website states. Any ideas how long? Looking at your profile I assume it took about 3 months for you?