+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Express Entry without spouse's WES

sreekrish

Jun 25, 2019
Hi
I am the primary applicant (Masters degree) on express entry. My spouse's WES evaluation is getting delayed. Is it possible to get into the queue without a verified WES number and then update it later(after receiving the WES forms)?

Thanks

sreekrish

Jun 25, 2019
Yes, you can do that. Just answer the questions accordingly.
Thank you very much. Just for the purpose of clarity. "had an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) within the past five years for this degree, diploma or certificate? (required) " - we give NO here and then proceed with application?

Will this affect our overall score?
Also if we receive our ITA, how can we then go back and include the WES number. Please clarify.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Thank you very much. Just for the purpose of clarity. "had an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) within the past five years for this degree, diploma or certificate? (required) " - we give NO here and then proceed with application?

Will this affect our overall score?
Also if we receive our ITA, how can we then go back and include the WES number. Please clarify.
It will reduce your overall score, because that degree will not count towards the score. But in future after you receive the ECA, it may help you towards the tiebreakers since it may count as having submitted profile earlier. If you receive an ITA without the ECA, then you don't need it at all. In that case it will not matter whether you include the ECA or not.

sreekrish

Jun 25, 2019
It will reduce your overall score, because that degree will not count towards the score. But in future after you receive the ECA, it may help you towards the tiebreakers since it may count as having submitted profile earlier. If you receive an ITA without the ECA, then you don't need it at all. In that case it will not matter whether you include the ECA or not.
Thank you very much. I still have one more question. If I apply without WES evaluation and if my application is not picked up for ITA, then once I get the WES completed, will I be able to edit my application for express entry? Will that increase my score based on WES evaluation?