+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Express Entry with a Remote Job Inside Canada.

Mutazek

Mar 23, 2018
Hey there!

I would like some comments about my current situation.

I graduated in QC under a DVS/DEP program and am now under a PGWP and working as a Player Support Agent (IT Support but for videogames). Currently living in Montreal. I was planning to apply for the immigration programs here but I have huge troubles learning French, it seems I actually have a speech issue with French phonetics and no matter how hard I try, it has been a year and I'm still unable to learn it...

So I requested assistance from my employer who offered me to change my work to be a Remote Agent, so I will be able to move to any other province, keep my job with them and apply for Express Entry. That honestly sounds pretty cool and very kind of them (I guess that always offering myself to do overtime and working on holidays helped to win their trust?).

I have been working for them for a year now and my current contract is a Permanent-Full Time contract. I also have my CELPIP exam scores above 10 for each component and my PGWP expires in June-2023.

Now here are my questions:

1. Does this actually serves as an option to show I do have a permanent job offer from a Canadian company even tho the company is in Montreal, QC.?
  2. Is there any Provincial Nominee Program that would grant me a Notification of Interest under these circumstances? (Living there, with a Canadian Diploma, but having a remote job from QC)
  3. Assuming I apply and get the approval for my PR, would be completely fine if I move back to QC afterwards?
Also, any suggestion for cities I could move out temporarily for this process with cheap rent but not so far away, I will appreciate it :)