+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for CEC and PNP questions

Jasper_K1

Apr 30, 2020
Hi everyone,

As someone who is slightly overwhelmed with cramming information in and with the current climate, I was wondering if you could help me with a couple of questions I had and lay it out for me in a relatively simple way, because at this point I feel like too much information is confusing me!

A little about me/current situation:

I've been in BC for the last 2 years working in the television and film industry but a combined experience altogether of 1 year of full time work. I got 'laid off' around March when COVID-19 hit, not knowing when I will be going back to work. My IEC visa ends June this year. I'm way under the cut off point for CEC currently, because I did not go to university back home. I finished high school and went straight into work. My experience back home includes a combined experience of a year as an administrative assistant and 3 years working in retail, 2 out of 3 years being a retail manager of various departments.

I may have a potential job offer in accommodation, that is willing to offer me an indefinite offer etc. I don't directly have experience in Canada or back home in accommodation, but my experience working as a manager on a large scale, managing 20+ colleagues, audit checks, compliancy, as well as my administration experience is what made me stand out to the potential employer. In my current role in the television and film industry, I also hire and train new employees. I also have distant relatives here, if that helps in anyway at all. 2nd cousins etc.

I was wondering if I would be eligible to apply through EEBC PNP or another stream if possible?

If Yes:
I'm assuming this process will take me way past my visa ending, do I apply for a bridging permit through PNP or CEC?
If/when invited to apply, do I have to be actively working with that potential employer or can I work for my current job, if the job offer employment has not returned back to work?
If accepted, I'm assuming these points get added to my CEC points and I get an invite to apply for PR. Again, would it be an issue if I am working for my current role and not the one offered, because things have not resumed back to normal with the potential job offer? Or if it would be an issue if I have to go home during the time my PR is being processed/assessed because my bridging permit has expired.
If eventually PR is accepted and COVID-19 is still an active issue and the job offer employment is still out of work, am I free to work wherever I want?

I hope this isn't confusing! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,

As someone who is slightly overwhelmed with cramming information in and with the current climate, I was wondering if you could help me with a couple of questions I had and lay it out for me in a relatively simple way, because at this point I feel like too much information is confusing me!

A little about me/current situation:

I've been in BC for the last 2 years working in the television and film industry but a combined experience altogether of 1 year of full time work. I got 'laid off' around March when COVID-19 hit, not knowing when I will be going back to work. My IEC visa ends June this year. I'm way under the cut off point for CEC currently, because I did not go to university back home. I finished high school and went straight into work. My experience back home includes a combined experience of a year as an administrative assistant and 3 years working in retail, 2 out of 3 years being a retail manager of various departments.

I may have a potential job offer in accommodation, that is willing to offer me an indefinite offer etc. I don't directly have experience in Canada or back home in accommodation, but my experience working as a manager on a large scale, managing 20+ colleagues, audit checks, compliancy, as well as my administration experience is what made me stand out to the potential employer. In my current role in the television and film industry, I also hire and train new employees. I also have distant relatives here, if that helps in anyway at all. 2nd cousins etc.

I was wondering if I would be eligible to apply through EEBC PNP or another stream if possible?

If Yes:
I'm assuming this process will take me way past my visa ending, do I apply for a bridging permit through PNP or CEC?
If/when invited to apply, do I have to be actively working with that potential employer or can I work for my current job, if the job offer employment has not returned back to work?
If accepted, I'm assuming these points get added to my CEC points and I get an invite to apply for PR. Again, would it be an issue if I am working for my current role and not the one offered, because things have not resumed back to normal with the potential job offer? Or if it would be an issue if I have to go home during the time my PR is being processed/assessed because my bridging permit has expired.
If eventually PR is accepted and COVID-19 is still an active issue and the job offer employment is still out of work, am I free to work wherever I want?

I hope this isn't confusing! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
If you want to apply through Canadian Experience Class (CEC), you will need to create an Express Entry profile and have sufficinet points to be selected out of the applicant pool. Right now that's around 452 points. Note that you can only claim the 50 points for having a job offer if your employer gets an approved LMIA in addition to offering you the job. The LMIA process tends to take 4-6 months to complete and is fairly involved. You would qualify to apply for a bridging open work permt only after you are selected out of the Express Entry pool (receive ITA) for having sufficient points and also submit your complete application.

For BCPNP, you would qualify to apply for a bridging open work permit once you have a nomination from the province.

You are super short on time to achieve either of these before your IEC runs out. How many points do you have under Express Entry (without counting the 50 job offer point)?

Jasper_K1

Apr 30, 2020
If you want to apply through Canadian Experience Class (CEC), you will need to create an Express Entry profile and have sufficinet points to be selected out of the applicant pool. Right now that's around 452 points. Note that you can only claim the 50 points for having a job offer if your employer gets an approved LMIA in addition to offering you the job. The LMIA process tends to take 4-6 months to complete and is fairly involved. You would qualify to apply for a bridging open work permt only after you are selected out of the Express Entry pool (receive ITA) for having sufficient points and also submit your complete application.

For BCPNP, you would qualify to apply for a bridging open work permit once you have a nomination from the province.

You are super short on time to achieve either of these before your IEC runs out. How many points do you have under Express Entry (without counting the 50 job offer point)?
Without an ECA that certifies I have a high school graduation and a job offer, I’m around the 320 mark, so nowhere near cut off because I never went to university. So my option was to perhaps go through the province with this potential job offer.

Would implied status differ from a bridging permit and if so can I go implied status, continue applying and if invited, apply for a bridging permit?

If that isn’t possible and I have to go back home, is the process for PNP/CEC still possible and an option for PR still possible?