+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for BOWP after EE submission

lotusEsp

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Hi
I finally managed to submit my application and pay my fees this morning for my CEC PR. Now the long nervous wait to see if anything was wrong and it gets rejected ::)

In the mean time, how do I start the application for the BOWP as my current LMIA WP expires in June?

After submitting, I almost immediately got a document in my messages area which says my application has been received and processing should take 6 months or less - is this the AOR?

Where do I apply for the BOWP?

thanks

ranjk89

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
lotusEsp said:
Hi
I finally managed to submit my application and pay my fees this morning for my CEC PR. Now the long nervous wait to see if anything was wrong and it gets rejected ::)

In the mean time, how do I start the application for the BOWP as my current LMIA WP expires in June?

After submitting, I almost immediately got a document in my messages area which says my application has been received and processing should take 6 months or less - is this the AOR?

Where do I apply for the BOWP?

thanks
Did you end up applying for BOWP and receive any news on that?

My PGWP expires in August I am going to apply for BOWP soon. What are the documents you had to submit for BOWP online application?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ranjith

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
lotusEsp said:
Unfortunately, no. CIC has clarified eligibility for the BOWP with the implementation of Express entry. CIC distinguishes between

a) A notice (Electronic receipt of APR) - cannot be used to support the BOWP
and
b) A letter (Acknowledgement of Receipt) - can be used to support the BOWP

See more details here -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

maxwang

Jun 6, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We have to have an AOR with a file number so we can apply for BOWP, is it correct?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
maxwang said:
We have to have an AOR with a file number so we can apply for BOWP, is it correct?
Yes, you need to have the LETTER ...

bramski

Sep 17, 2015
Did you ever figure this out? I have my letter of acknowledgement and I'm trying to figure out how to apply for the BOWP. How did you apply for the BOWP?

AM198

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why don't you just apply using the paper application? You would be on implied status if your status expires after mailing it. Just keep a copy of the application before sending it and roof that you mailed it such as a notice of delivery from Canada Post. The paper applications are actually being processed faster than online applications. People are using the first AOR to apply and some have been approved and some rejected. If you get your second AOR in the meanwhile you can always send that over afterwards.