+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for BC PNP program

bh_19

Aug 23, 2020
I dont have cut off score to apply directly to CIC hence i am going to apply to province directly.
Example - British columbia (BC) province has lot of jobs which are of my skills. I am creating my profile on BCPNP site and here is the confusion I have -

In Skills Immigration – Skilled Worker --- They have mentioned category requirements as
  • Your employer must meet all general employer requirements
A) What does this mean? I dont have any job offer yet. When i create the profile for BCPNP i am assuming i will apply job their directly once they accept my application. Is my understanding correct? OOORRR
B) Do I first need to find the job in BC province and then create my application/profile in BCPNP?

Please advice. Appreciate your help!

bh_19

Aug 23, 2020
On cic canada site -Immigrate as a provincial nominee ---I see below in how to apply - ---
Once you’ve been nominated by a province or territory, you can submit an application for permanent residence.

--- This means will the province first contact me and then only i can submit my application ORR
-- I can submit the application (not express entry) in immigrate as provincial nominee program and then province will contact me?

Please help as this is very confusing. I dont know what other way is there to apply for PR as I am not meeting minimum cut off score.

jaskaran0022

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
Each stream has its own requirements which you can sort through here. Some streams are linked to Express Entry and others (such as BC's Skills Immigration program) are on paper. Some streams require you to apply to the province first while other Express Entry streams will have the province contact you if they're interested in nominating you.
Can you please guide me for BC Tech Pilot program, I have a job offer in one of the 29 occupations NOC codes which are for BC tech PNP program. Currently I work in India, Can I apply from India, get direct PR from here after getting nominated or i need to travel to Canada first on work permit then i will be eligible for PR after nomination.

bh_19

Aug 23, 2020
Can you please guide me for BC Tech Pilot program, I have a job offer in one of the 29 occupations NOC codes which are for BC tech PNP program. Currently I work in India, Can I apply from India, get direct PR from here after getting nominated or i need to travel to Canada first on work permit then i will be eligible for PR after nomination.
How did you find a job in BC from India? Did you use any job sites or applied directly on the BC province sites? Please let me know as BC has lot of jobs of my skill.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Your employer will have to fill out forms to show they couldn’t hire a Canadian or PR. And show that your job has no end date & the wage is at or above the average. It is in the applicatio.

Beezee

Jul 29, 2020
Hello!

I just got an invitation to apply with the recent BC pnp (international Graduate) draw this week but I have some questions before I finally submit my application,

1. my pgwp expired in August and I’m currently on a study visa, I have one year Canadian experience and my employer has decided to keep my full time position until I’m done with school, is this going to affect my pnp application?
2. When submitting my application, where can I upload additional documents not requested, like an explanation letter.

Thanks