+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for asylum

Barsha Khadka

Sep 13, 2024
Hi, I came to canada in 2022 dec on study permit and my course started from 2023 jan but I didn’t complete my course due to various reasons and my study permit has also expired in july. Its also been a year since I stopped studying. So I was planning to apply for asylum. I wanted to know what are the chances I have of getting accepted as asylum?? And also is it a good decision if I apply for it?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I came to canada in 2022 dec on study permit and my course started from 2023 jan but I didn’t complete my course due to various reasons and my study permit has also expired in july. Its also been a year since I stopped studying. So I was planning to apply for asylum. I wanted to know what are the chances I have of getting accepted as asylum?? And also is it a good decision if I apply for it?
What is the basis of your asylum claim?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
I'm not sure that being a "dumb ass" is covered under the UNHCR, but you never know these days.

Yaeed

Sep 9, 2024
You waited a year so to claim asylum? You can't be serious.

The IRCC, CBSA, or IRB will surely have questions on why you delayed for that long to claim asylum, so be prepared.

Last edited:

niagrafalse

Aug 16, 2024
I am not a lawyer but chances is very slim. case officer will know that you are filing fake asylum just because you don't want to return to you home country. Under what basis you are going to claim asylum?
I would suggest you not to apply asylum for you future travel to Canada, UAS, UK, Australia and New Zealand.