+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for another work permit on implied status

eeeeeeeeeeee

Feb 19, 2020
Hey everyone,

I have a somewhat confusing situation but I'll try to explain it in the clearest way possible.

I’m applying for a Permanent Resident application currently being on Implied Status while my (most probably) to be refused paper-based Open Work Permit extension application is being processed. The application was sent to IRCC on February 10, 2020, and received on February 12, 2020. My current work permit expired on February 16, 2020. I such move to get implied status while my LMIA being finalized to continue working. So on February 16 my employer got a positive LMIA for me. I've called CIC to ask what will happen if I submit another work permit application with a support of LMIA, they added the LMIA number to the current application. But the application was filled up with the info that I'm looking for an extension of Open Work Permit and I think it will still be refused.

So my current situation is: I have applied for a PR with my LMIA, currently on implied status from my (most probably) refused in the future OWP extension. But I have a valid LMIA on my hands and can get a closed WP based on that. Now here are my questions:

1. Can I submit another application for a closed WP while another one being processed?
2. Do I lose my current implied status if I do so?
3. Will it have to be restoration of status since my current WP expired Feb 16, 2020?
4. Should I rather try to benefit from Bridging WP?

If you have any other ideas for my case, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey everyone,

I have a somewhat confusing situation but I'll try to explain it in the clearest way possible.

I’m applying for a Permanent Resident application currently being on Implied Status while my (most probably) to be refused paper-based Open Work Permit extension application is being processed. The application was sent to IRCC on February 10, 2020, and received on February 12, 2020. My current work permit expired on February 16, 2020. I such move to get implied status while my LMIA being finalized to continue working. So on February 16 my employer got a positive LMIA for me. I've called CIC to ask what will happen if I submit another work permit application with a support of LMIA, they added the LMIA number to the current application. But the application was filled up with the info that I'm looking for an extension of Open Work Permit and I think it will still be refused.

So my current situation is: I have applied for a PR with my LMIA, currently on implied status from my (most probably) refused in the future OWP extension. But I have a valid LMIA on my hands and can get a closed WP based on that. Now here are my questions:

1. Can I submit another application for a closed WP while another one being processed?
2. Do I lose my current implied status if I do so?
3. Will it have to be restoration of status since my current WP expired Feb 16, 2020?
4. Should I rather try to benefit from Bridging WP?

If you have any other ideas for my case, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
You don't qualify for a BOWP since you don't hold a valid work permit at this time. There's really no point submitting a new work permit since it will be refused if the application you have in process now is refused. Only real option is to wait out the processing of the work permit application you already submitted.

eeeeeeeeeeee

Feb 19, 2020
You don't qualify for a BOWP since you don't hold a valid work permit at this time. There's really no point submitting a new work permit since it will be refused if the application you have in process now is refused. Only real option is to wait out the processing of the work permit application you already submitted.
The application I've sent right now is not refused yet, and there's still around ~3 months of processing on it left. But if I submit another application with LMIA and make it a closed WP application, why would that second one be refused? I have all of the required documents for it to be approved.

kentum

Aug 3, 2020
Any thoughts anyone?

Especially on what status I will be in if I apply for a closed WP from Implied Status
I am in the same situation. Implied status waiting for an answer of the first demand and want to demand an other kind of permit. Did you find an answer ??

kentum

Aug 3, 2020
I called imm CA and yes we can indeed proceed a demand for an other status while being on implied one.

Each demand is independent from the others.

The new demand will not prolonged you implied status. You cannot have 2 implied status like one coming from waiting permit A and an other one coming from waiting permit B. Also demand B will not delay demand A.