+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for a TRV

mahyawa88

Nov 5, 2016
Hey everyone,

I applied for a visit visa and submitted my application online on November 1st.
I have been to the US 7 times during the last 5 years (which obviously should be enough to tell that I don't intend to stay anywhere illegally).

I just had a couple questions..

1. I have two jobs but get paid in cash for both, therefore there are no salary transfers in my bank account. I clarified that in the application. I attached my bank statement as well as the bank statememt of my father and a letter and ID from him stating that he will is taking care of me financially during my trip, also stating that I work for his company (also provided commercial permits and an employment letter proving I work for/with my father). Would any of that be an issue?

2. Travel plans: I stated that I am waiting for my US visa to be renewed, and that's why I dont have a ticket/plans. I visit the US every year, and it just would be great to be great to see the other side of the border when I'm on vacation.

3. The family information form couldnt detect my native language, and I tried 3 or 4 different devices. so i mentioned that on the explanation letter. Any issues?

Thanks in advance, any feedback is appreciated.

sankyx

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Except for the part about the family information form is the issue here.

When I applied for my TRV I only submitted bank letter from the past three months without any order of deposited. So that should not be a problem, the same if you provide with a letter of employment from your dad and proof that you really work there.

mahyawa88

Nov 5, 2016
sankyx said:
Except for the part about the family information form is the issue here.

When I applied for my TRV I only submitted bank letter from the past three months without any order of deposited. So that should not be a problem, the same if you provide with a letter of employment from your dad and proof that you really work there.
Thank you good sir for responding!

I really hope that not writing my name in my native language in the family form wouldn't be a big deal. Worst case scenario they can request I re-send it.

Yesterday I got an email saying there is an status update on my application. When I checked, my application status was still the same, "open". Any idea what that could be?

ROHIT2587

Star Member
Oct 8, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-07-2017
AOR Received.
06-07-2017
mahyawa88 said:
Yesterday I got an email saying there is an status update on my application. When I checked, my application status was still the same, "open". Any idea what that could be?
It means some internal processing has been done on your application by IRCC. Hope you will get your result soon!!

I have also applied for TRV on Novemver 3, 2016 and received same message on November 04, 2016.

Regards,
Rohit

fari22

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
ROHIT2587 said:
It means some internal processing has been done on your application by IRCC. Hope you will get your result soon!!

I have also applied for TRV on Novemver 3, 2016 and received same message on November 04, 2016.

Regards,
Rohit
Hi I applied on November 1 gave biometric on 4 Nov still no proper update on the status only received the same update message three times on my cic account. Any status update on your application.

ROHIT2587

Star Member
Oct 8, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-07-2017
AOR Received.
06-07-2017
fari22 said:
Hi I applied on November 1 gave biometric on 4 Nov still no proper update on the status only received the same update message three times on my cic account. Any status update on your application.
Hi Fari22,

No I did not receive any update on my application after 4th November. I just received message only once. I am also waiting for my result.

From where you have applied for TRV?

Regards,
Rohit

fari22

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Hi Rohit,

I applied online from London office. I sent a message about the application to London office on 17/11 and got reply today, given bbelow:

""As indicated on our website, the processing times provided are based on how long it took to process 80% of all applications during that time period and are subject to change. As these processing times refer to 80% of applications, some applications will fall outside of these timeframes. In addition, as they are an average, there will be some fluctuations in processing times at peak periods during the course of the year.

That being said, please be assured that your application has been received and is currently in active process and we are making every effort to complete processing as expeditiously as possible. As soon as processing is completed we will contact you.

If you are no longer interested in visiting Canada, please inform our office in writing that you wish to withdraw your application. As processing of your application has already commenced, a processing fee refund would not be applicable.""

from where did you apply ?

Thanks

ROHIT2587

Star Member
Oct 8, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-07-2017
AOR Received.
06-07-2017
fari22 said:
Hi Rohit,

I applied online from London office. I sent a message about the application to London office on 17/11 and got reply today, given bbelow:

""As indicated on our website, the processing times provided are based on how long it took to process 80% of all applications during that time period and are subject to change. As these processing times refer to 80% of applications, some applications will fall outside of these timeframes. In addition, as they are an average, there will be some fluctuations in processing times at peak periods during the course of the year.

That being said, please be assured that your application has been received and is currently in active process and we are making every effort to complete processing as expeditiously as possible. As soon as processing is completed we will contact you.

If you are no longer interested in visiting Canada, please inform our office in writing that you wish to withdraw your application. As processing of your application has already commenced, a processing fee refund would not be applicable.""

from where did you apply ?

Thanks
Dear,

I applied online from Delhi, India.

I think the message you have received in standard format when your application is under process. I saw this same message in various other posts.

Wish you a luck!!

Keep updating about your application :)

Regards,
Rohit

fari22

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
thank you for the reply and yes I will update you if they will update me :p I think it's the worst visa application process country in the world. I have applied for UK, Schengen (once from France embassy and once from Germany) and got with in the time period mentioned on there website and for Canada its been more then twice the time mentioned on website and still no update :(