+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying canadian passport after changing legal name

Sahibkaur

Jul 2, 2024
I recently changed my legal name in canada after receiving my Canadian citizenship.
Now, my canadian citizenship certificate have my old name. Can I apply for my passport with the new name attaching the legal name change certificate without getting a new ctizenship certificate with the new name?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I recently changed my legal name in canada after receiving my Canadian citizenship.
Now, my canadian citizenship certificate have my old name. Can I apply for my passport with the new name attaching the legal name change certificate without getting a new ctizenship certificate with the new name?
You can apply with legal change certificate, and have to include new pieces of id with new name of it and include citizenship certificate with old name . Service Canada passport will accept it .

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes.