+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

apply visitor record for kid(imm 5708)

Honglin

Sep 15, 2019
Hi, everyone
I am a university international student in quebec, my 3 years old daughter use visitor visa come to canada in Auguest, now i want to apply visitor record for my kid, i hope she can accompany me till i finish my study.

I applied online, but when i filled in imm5708, i get a problem, in "EMPLOYMENT SECTION", tips i must input employment info, but my daughter does not have a job, she just 3 years old.

Does anyone can help me? what should i fill it in?

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
Hi, everyone
I am a university international student in quebec, my 3 years old daughter use visitor visa come to canada in Auguest, now i want to apply visitor record for my kid, i hope she can accompany me till i finish my study.

I applied online, but when i filled in imm5708, i get a problem, in "EMPLOYMENT SECTION", tips i must input employment info, but my daughter does not have a job, she just 3 years old.

Why not put N/A which means Not Applicable.

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
Yes, thks for your response, i have tried, but the pdf will check date format, i can't fill in any "string", i only fill date numbers in.
Maybe put your child's bday and then date today. On the letter of explanation (cover letter) mention you wrote N/A and your child's bday as there is a validation on the form and you cannot continue if there is no value on it.

Honglin

Sep 15, 2019
Maybe put your child's bday and then date today. On the letter of explanation (cover letter) mention you wrote N/A and your child's bday as there is a validation on the form and you cannot continue if there is no value on it.
Tks, i’ll have a try.

leoalvarezc

Dec 11, 2021
Hi, everyone

Hello!! Right now I have the same issue....what did you do?

Katrusya

Feb 8, 2024
Hello i would like to ask what dates should i put in section how long you planing to stay in Canada (ftom-to) in IMM 5708 for child?

May 22, 2024
I have the same question now. While the education section can be skipped by selecting "No", the employment section is mandatory.
What dates to fill in the employment section for my 3 year old