+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply under CEC or PNP?

itainttrue

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Hi,

could anyone advise me on what to do?
I just received a nomination for PNP and received 600 points.
My new score is now 1048 and I'm expecting to receive ITA in the next draw.
My question is, is it better to apply under PNP now that I have nomination for it or is it better to stick with my original plan to apply under CEC? or does it really matter?

I'd appreciate any advice.
Thanks

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
itainttrue said:
Hi,

could anyone advise me on what to do?
I just received a nomination for PNP and received 600 points.
My new score is now 1048 and I'm expecting to receive ITA in the next draw.
My question is, is it better to apply under PNP now that I have nomination for it or is it better to stick with my original plan to apply under CEC? or does it really matter?

I'd appreciate any advice.
Thanks
Too little too late. You will be selected under PNP. CIC will assess your application 1) against the provincial requirements and then 2) under CEC.

itainttrue

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Phil89 said:
Too little too late. You will be selected under PNP. CIC will assess your application 1) against the provincial requirements and then 2) under CEC.
Thanks for the reply.
I didn't quite get that. So when CIC sends me ITA, do I have to apply under PNP?
if not, what's better?

Btw, how come my EE profile says "Province/Territory Nomination : Received" but "Provincial Nominee Program(Criteria) : Not Met" ?

wonderwombat

Jun 25, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itainttrue said:
Thanks for the reply.
I didn't quite get that. So when CIC sends me ITA, do I have to apply under PNP?
if not, what's better?

Btw, how come my EE profile says "Province/Territory Nomination : Received" but "Provincial Nominee Program(Criteria) : Not Met" ?
Once you accept the nomination (and get the extra 600 points), you're out of the CEC, FSW and/or FST pools and are only eligible under PNP. Even if you weren't, it wouldn't be your call anyway, CIC decides under what program they're inviting you.

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
itainttrue said:
Thanks for the reply.
if not, what's better?

You have no choice. You will be selected under PNP. Then CIC will make sure that you met your province's requirements & then assess you under CEC. When you get selected, make sure you upload everything that you sent to your province, like POF for instance.

Give it a time. It take a while to get updated.

itainttrue

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Phil89 said:
You have no choice. You will be selected under PNP. Then CIC will make sure that you met your province's requirements & then assess you under CEC. When you get selected, make sure you upload everything that you sent to your province, like POF for instance.

Give it a time. It take a while to get updated.
Thanks you very much!