+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

apply TRV within Canada and get stamping in India

yogesh_1801

Aug 7, 2017
UPDATE- Thank you all for your replies and suggestions.

Indeed I did get my TRV stamped in India. All I had to do was, take the official letter of approval (which CIC sent as a passport submission request) and submit it with my passport. I got it stamped within 7 days.

Hope this helps others in a similar situation.

Rubaina

Feb 9, 2013

Indeed I did get my TRV stamped in India. All I had to do was, take the official letter of approval (which CIC sent as a passport submission request) and submit it with my passport. I got it stamped within 7 days.

That's great! Thanks for sharing your experience.
I am in a similar situation too! I am leaving for India but my visa is still under process and I will send my passport for stamping in India. Just a question, do we need to send in to the Delhi office or Bangalore?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I am in a similar situation too! I am leaving for India but my visa is still under process and I will send my passport for stamping in India. Just a question, do we need to send in to the Delhi office or Bangalore?
You cannot submit your passport directly to the visa office. You must submit it to the nearest VAC/VFS

yogesh_1801

Aug 7, 2017
I am in a similar situation too! I am leaving for India but my visa is still under process and I will send my passport for stamping in India. Just a question, do we need to send into the Delhi office or Bangalore?
Do not send in your passport for visa office. Once you receive a notification from CIC requesting for a passport, submit it to the nearest VFS/ VAC. I wrote a cover letter explaining why I am submitting it in India (but am not sure if that would be necessary. To be on a safe side, also inform this to your Case Processing Centre (for me was CPC-Ottawa) that you have to travel for an emergency and that you will be submitting your passport at a particular VAC/ VFS in India.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Yogesh

Rubaina

Feb 9, 2013
You cannot submit your passport directly to the visa office. You must submit it to the nearest VAC/VFS
Oh so you mean VFS Global?
Do not send in your passport for visa office. Once you receive a notification from CIC requesting for a passport, submit it to the nearest VFS/ VAC. I wrote a cover letter explaining why I am submitting it in India (but am not sure if that would be necessary. To be on a safe side, also inform this to your Case Processing Centre (for me was CPC-Ottawa) that you have to travel for an emergency and that you will be submitting your passport at a particular VAC/ VFS in India.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Yogesh
Oh yes I did inform CPC - Ottawa about my emergency and this was their response.

Good day Rubaina,

Our office confirms that your application is currently in process as per regulatory procedures. Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization. For instruction on when to submit your passport for the issuance of your visa, please visit your MyCIC account.

Please be informed that online applicants – your case for instance -- have the option to submit their passport to a Canadian immigration office abroad. If you choose to submit your passport to a Canadian mission abroad, please contact that office for information regarding processing times for visa printing. For a list of visa offices outside Canada, please consult:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp.

For further information, please visit the following links:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/CPC-o-apply.asp

We thank you for your patience. In order to efficiently process requests, we will not reply to duplicate emails.

Rubaina

Feb 9, 2013
Does my Canadian address on the TRV application make any difference?

I can just put in my Indian address while sending the passport, right?

Thank you.

yogesh_1801

Aug 7, 2017
Oh so you mean VFS Global?

Oh yes I did inform CPC - Ottawa about my emergency and this was their response.

Good day Rubaina,

Our office confirms that your application is currently in process as per regulatory procedures. Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization. For instruction on when to submit your passport for the issuance of your visa, please visit your MyCIC account.

Please be informed that online applicants – your case for instance -- have the option to submit their passport to a Canadian immigration office abroad. If you choose to submit your passport to a Canadian mission abroad, please contact that office for information regarding processing times for visa printing. For a list of visa offices outside Canada, please consult:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp.

For further information, please visit the following links:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/CPC-o-apply.asp

We thank you for your patience. In order to efficiently process requests, we will not reply to duplicate emails.
I had a similar response. So it seems, you should not have any problems with this (technically).

Good luck

yogesh_1801

Aug 7, 2017
Does my Canadian address on the TRV application make any difference?

I can just put in my Indian address while sending the passport, right?

Thank you.
I would recommend, visiting personally to either of the VFS/ VAC and submit it (just so that you can explain your situation, if needed)

jeetz

May 17, 2017

Hello Yogesh,
Now i am in the same situation as you where.. I got my work permit approved and I applied for trv inside Canada, i recieved passport request. But i only have two weeks to travel to India. I wanted to know whether yo went in person to submit the passport to the VFS office in India or you did courier.
Awaiting for your reply.
Thank you

yogesh_1801

Aug 7, 2017
Hello Yogesh,
Now i am in the same situation as you where.. I got my work permit approved and I applied for trv inside Canada, i recieved passport request. But i only have two weeks to travel to India. I wanted to know whether yo went in person to submit the passport to the VFS office in India or you did courier.
Awaiting for your reply.
Thank you
Hi,
I would first contact the local Canadian office to inform them that you will be doing so. I recommend asking them as a question via email so that you have a documentary proof of their reply (which says you can do that). I personally submitted the passport to the VFS office in India (and I would highly recommend to do that so you can explain them in case they need more clarification)- But if the rules have not changed recently, it should be easy and simple. All the best!

Sven11

Jul 16, 2018
Hey, I just applied for my pgwp and I'm waiting for the paper document but I'll leaving soon so I was wondering if I apply for trv and get approved, can I go to any vac office to get it stamped in India?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hey, I just applied for my pgwp and I'm waiting for the paper document but I'll leaving soon so I was wondering if I apply for trv and get approved, can I go to any vac office to get it stamped in India?
The VFS/VACs do not stamp visas.

When you get a passport request, you'll need to email the visa office you applied to + the relevant India visa office that you can submit your passport to the nearest VFS/VAC when you're in India

Sven11

Jul 16, 2018
The VFS/VACs do not stamp visas.

When you get a passport request, you'll need to email the visa office you applied to + the relevant India visa office that you can submit your passport to the nearest VFS/VAC when you're in India
And what will they do, theyll issue the visa after its approved?