+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

apply to PGWP from inside canada on implied visitor status

fsaab

Jan 7, 2019
Hello,

I am recent graduate from canadian university. I am now inside canada. My study permit has expired on 30 august. I am since then on implied visitor status.

I just got my completion letter. How i can apply for PGWP?

When i use the move-to-canada online tool and i enter "visitor" as my status and i continue the wizard, i always end up with the system telling me you "are not elligible".

Below are my answers for the online tool:

form 1:

work - more than six months
country of residence: canada

form 2: no am not us citisen.
form 3: visitor
form 4: no, no, no
form 5: no am not NAFTA
form 6: no offer. cause am aplying for PGWP
form 7: single, any_province

then i get the not elligble message:
Your Results
We used your answers to see if you may qualify for any of Canada's primary immigration programs. Based on your answers, it appears that you are not eligible to immigrate to Canada at this time under a federal program.

It is possible that a change in your situation could make you eligible (for instance, if you want to study in Canada you may become eligible if you are accepted into a study program). Your specific situation may alter your results.

You can find out more about requirements for studying, working or visiting Canada on this website temporarily.

Most provinces have special programs to help people move there. In most cases, you must already have a job offer, an investment plan or work experience in the specific province. The rules for application are different for each province.

Many provinces also recruit workers based on labour shortages. You can check the websites below to see which skills are needed in each province and if you are eligible to apply.
Based on the new regulations:

- Even though my study permit expired, if it expired within the 180 days, then should be elligble to aply.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

fsaab

Jan 7, 2019
You aren't on implied visitor status unless you applied to change your status to visitor or applied for a TRV.
I already did that. I applied to extend my visitor status before my study permit has expired.

My question is not about implied status.

fsaab

Jan 7, 2019
thanks. i used the tool referenced by:

Step 3: Prepare your answers for the online tool

and it gives me the results that i mentioned in my first message in this thread

If you login to IRCC website and select "work" you will have a tool that you need to answer prior to submitting your forms

fsaab

Jan 7, 2019
i contacted IRCC,

first time they said: i cant apply online because i am visitor
second time they said: you should apply online nomrally, and then they return to say the first answer

Weiiiiiird

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
i contacted IRCC,

first time they said: i cant apply online because i am visitor
second time they said: you should apply online nomrally, and then they return to say the first answer

Weiiiiiird
Then apply on paper or make whatever choices you need to make online to get the correct application then include an explanation letter in your application, I think the online quiz tool has not been updated to work with the new rules because before you could only apply with a study permit so thats what the tool assumes.

Reactions: fsaab