+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply study permit with criminal rehabilitation approved in error

Anl.ccc

May 5, 2022
Hi all,
This is my first time to here.
I had applied criminal rehabilitation on early Dec, 2021 and mid of Dec, 2021 to applied study permit.
Until April, 2022 I got my SP approved and I was really happy that got the approved. When I ask for criminal rehabilitation confirmation IRCC told me that my SP was approved in error and my case is still under review.
I am shock and thinking why will have such error…since I have follow all the step and provided all documents they need. I think they should know all my background while officer approved my SP..
And now.. I just can wait for the final result..
Dose anyone experience about that?
It just so frustrating…
Thanks anyone and wish you all stay health.

Gabrielmanga

May 4, 2022
Congrats bro, I am happy for you. What year did you get convicted and what was your offense ? Please just asking because I have a younger cousin in similar condition but he was bit convicted and his case was dismissed for shoplifting and he plans to apply for a Canadian study permit soon

Anl.ccc

May 5, 2022
Congrats bro, I am happy for you. What year did you get convicted and what was your offense ? Please just asking because I have a younger cousin in similar condition but he was bit convicted and his case was dismissed for shoplifting and he plans to apply for a Canadian study permit soon
Thank you.
I have two shoplifting offences in 2008. I apply for the criminal rehabilitation via Canada RCIC in my case and waiting for around 5 months to got the approval of SP and rehabilitation.
Your cousin should consult a lawyer for some advise. My thoughts is tell all the truth to officer, they will ask your cousin for documents they need and will made the decision. It seem not a big problem in your cousin case, the only thing concerned is about the time is quite close. As there have two type of rehabilitation. One is deed rehabilitation which is only have one offence and over 10 years ago. Another one is criminal rehabilitation which there is more than 1 offence and over 5 years ago. You could check more information of rehabilitation on IRCC website. Good luck and wish your cousin can get the SP soon.

Gabrielmanga

May 4, 2022
Thank you for your response, what country are you from and what country did this take place, his police certificate is clean but he wants to come clean as the case happened in the United States. What type of Documents did they request from you ?.
Last question, since he wasn’t convicted and the incident happened 1.5 years ago, does he need criminal rehabilitation ??