+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply on IRCC Portal or in person?

mgapal2022

Oct 17, 2022
Hello guys,

I can't decide whether to apply for my refugee claim using the new IRCC portal or in person, I have no clue what the difference will be!

Any help with that will be appreciated.

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
online be a little bit faster since you don't have to mail and pay for shipping etc
but time wise it will be same. I personally like paper

mgapal2022

Oct 17, 2022
online be a little bit faster since you don't have to mail and pay for shipping etc
but time wise it will be same. I personally like paper
Sorry I meant by (in person) going to an immigration office (or whatever it is called) and just talking to them face to face providing my information and documents there, not by mail. do you think that would be a good idea? someone told me applying online is risky as any mistake in filing the application may cause a refusal or at least a delay.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Sorry I meant by (in person) going to an immigration office (or whatever it is called) and just talking to them face to face providing my information and documents there, not by mail. do you think that would be a good idea? someone told me applying online is risky as any mistake in filing the application may cause a refusal or at least a delay.
If you go to the inland office, they will ask you to fill BOC and schedule for eligibility interview. Online would be best option since before submitting you can review all information you provided...

mgapal2022

Oct 17, 2022
If you go to the inland office, they will ask you to fill BOC and schedule for eligibility interview. Online would be best option since before submitting you can review all information you provided...
That was my opinion and I was already starting the process using the portal until a friend told me not to do that (especially filling out the BOC file by myself) because it needs to be filed by a lawyer so there wouldn't be any mistakes. Is that true?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
That was my opinion and I was already starting the process using the portal until a friend told me not to do that (especially filling out the BOC file by myself) because it needs to be filed by a lawyer so there wouldn't be any mistakes. Is that true?
It is important to work with a lawyer during this stage

jinglebell0123

Jun 4, 2021
Burnaby, Canada
Category........
Other
It is not required to have a lawyer, you can file it yourself but having a lawyer can help you avoid mistakes, that is if the lawyer was smart not those who just want some cash into their pockets.