+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

apply LMO

Aug 19, 2010
Hi all, I have post graduation work permit right now, but it will expire on november, since it cannot be renewed, i have to apply the regular wp as a foreign worker. therefore, lmo is required. anybody have idea about this? what should be written in the employer letter? and what documents i have to prepare?
thank you very much!!

stacey.cook

Aug 28, 2010
Hi, My partner and i are going through the same process as our open work permit expires in November and cannot be renewed also....

I applied online for my LMO with my Employer yesterday, basically your employer has to show that they have actively advertised for your job and there were no Canadian residents that met the requirements.
You have to provide proof of the job advertisements and your offer of employment and contract.

You employer also has to advise why hiring a foreign worker over a Canadian resident would benefit the labour market, i.e. the experience you would be able to pass on to other colleagues and the company.

Go on the HRSDC website for more info

I would suggest get on the case ASAP as I've been reading it can take anywhere between 1 - 6 months to get a response, argh so fingers crossed i get a positive response! ???

Good luck with it all x

kaytea

Star Member
Jan 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2013
AOR Received.
14-05-2013
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
10-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2014
LANDED..........
19-01-2014
Hey! I'm in the process right now!! How did it go with the LMO? Any advises? Thanks

EasyCanadaVisa

Star Member
Dec 29, 2012
If you are on a PGOWP and your employer is willing to extend you a job offer, your employer can apply for an LMO WITHOUT any recruitment efforts as long as the job is NOC 0,A or B...

This is from Service Canada Website:
Advertisement

Employers hiring former PGWPP participants in higher-skilled occupations are not required to conduct recruitment or advertisement efforts, provided, the LMO is received by the appropriate Service Canada Centre within 90 days of the expiration of the post-graduate work permit.

In instances where the post-graduate work permit has expired, and over 90 days have elapsed from the date Service Canada receives the application, employers will be required to demonstrate recruitment efforts as per the normal requirements for higher-skilled occupations.