+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for Visitor Visa / Open Work Permit for wife after getting PNP approval.

ankitgupta

Oct 5, 2014
Hi,

I started as an M.Sc. (Computing Science) student in Sep 2010, finished it and then started my PhD (Interactive Arts & Technology). I am currently a PhD student.

I got married back in India in December 2012 and then applied for Visitor VISA for my wife which got rejected due to lack of "economic and social ties". After that we applied for Open Work Permit which got rejected again. In the meantime I applied for BC PNP with my spouse as dependent.

Now I have got my PNP application and have following questions:

• Can and should I apply for my wife's Visitor VISA/Open Work Permit since I have got PNP?
  • If I apply for PR based on my PNP now, I am told it will take about a year to get approved. In that case, is there a way that my wife can come to Canada on some VISA?

deepak121

Oct 7, 2014
I m also looking for similar reply. If you got any success plz do let me know... Going to apply for wife open work permit

shyamDadi

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2014
Nomination.....
25-03-2014
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
29-04-2014
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
07-05-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2015
LANDED..........
28-02-2015
ankitgupta said:
Hi,

I started as an M.Sc. (Computing Science) student in Sep 2010, finished it and then started my PhD (Interactive Arts & Technology). I am currently a PhD student.

I got married back in India in December 2012 and then applied for Visitor VISA for my wife which got rejected due to lack of "economic and social ties". After that we applied for Open Work Permit which got rejected again. In the meantime I applied for BC PNP with my spouse as dependent.

Now I have got my PNP application and have following questions:

• Can and should I apply for my wife's Visitor VISA/Open Work Permit since I have got PNP?
  • If I apply for PR based on my PNP now, I am told it will take about a year to get approved. In that case, is there a way that my wife can come to Canada on some VISA?
In my case I got nominated from Ontario under Masters Student without job offer, and I asked for a supportive letter for an open work-permit (as they mentioned in their website). And they send me a letter which I used to get my work-permit. I guess you can use the same path for your spouse. Because she also nominated under your file.

How ever it would be little hard to get visa when you got rejected in previous cases. So I recommend you to add a cover letter with your application.

Read : Operational Bulletin 406 - April 19, 2012 (I can't add url here, just search for it).

Hope this will helpful.

Regards