+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for temp work visa while PR is being processed

Mar 15, 2009
Will it affect my husband's PR application (submitted a month ago) if he applies for a temporary work visa so we can move in June? My understanding is that temp work visas are processed very quickly. Our PR application may be done in June, or it may take months longer. Our employer would like us to start in June.

Thanks, from a Canadian who would like to come home.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

joyfullycanadian said:
Will it affect my husband's PR application (submitted a month ago) if he applies for a temporary work visa so we can move in June? My understanding is that temp work visas are processed very quickly. Our PR application may be done in June, or it may take months longer. Our employer would like us to start in June.

Thanks, from a Canadian who would like to come home.
Nope, but he will have to get an approved LMO from the employer and then apply for a work permit.

PMM

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
PMM is correct unless you are in a PNP situation,I have 2 actual cases where 2 Indian Nurses Approved for PNP where given support letters so that they could get working visas while waiting for their PR in Canada,They got their work visas in 2 weeks from the New Delhi CHC

Mar 15, 2009
Pardon my ignorance, but what is PNP? Thank you both for the reply, it was very helpful. Do you know how long a temp work permit is valid for?

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
PROVINCIAL NOMINATION PROGRAM,You did not apply to the Goverment of Canada to come to Canada,But to a Province which nominated you,Many people think the only way to come to Canada is to apply to the Federal Goverment and think the law is the same in the whole country,They dont know each province can make its own laws regulating Immigration to that Province and Approve said people to Immigrate to that Province.