+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for Canada Express entry (while im on IEC)

OddSituation

Dec 9, 2014
arowberry said:
The 1,560 hours tends to refer primarily to those who have not worked full time during their time in Canada. In particular for those who may have been in Canada for at least a couple of years, but did not work full time during that period.

If your total work experience falls within 365 days, then you need to have worked at least 50 of the 52 weeks. You are allowed to not work for two weeks and still qualify for CEC, only if those two weeks were paid vacation whilst you were employed in Canada during that period.

Source:
cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/cec/work.asp
Ah, thanks for clairfying.

My situation would actually differ from OP's in that I'd be under the UK's new 24-month IEC. Assuming I get in (fingers crossed!) and assuming I can land a job in my field (Software Dev.) I might persue this route.

It will be interesting to see if the CIC can meet their ambitious goal of a <6 month processing time for Express Entry.

pziegler1986 said:
Australians have a 24 month IEC visa, with previously unlimited participations so long as we met the eligibility criteria. I am in the EE pool under CEC and will also be FSW once I get my ECAs from WES - my IEC visa expires in May but thankfully I can do one final participation of 24 months!
Just so I understand this:
EE - Express Entry?
FSW - Federal Skilled Worker
ECA - Educational Credential Assessment

and WES? - World Education Services? Really not sure.