+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply citizenship without IMM 5292?

wz

Apr 29, 2013
Hi All,

I am preparing my citizenship, but I can't find my IMM 5292 at all. I did some research, and I found there were few cases people they sent their application without IMM 5292. Basically, They sent citizenship application and at meanwhile they applied verification of status(it may take 1year to issue), so they could have the VoS for later use like update their application documents, test and etc. I called CIC today about this issue, and I was told my application might be rejected without including all required documents. However, I cannot afford to wait for another 8 months or 1 year to collect the VoS. Could anyone share with your experience if you had this situation before?

Thank you so much,
WZ

kenzhang

Dec 30, 2012
I would suggest you get one ASAP. it is said it will take 8 months. however, it won't take that long. I lost mine too. and send it out for the copy of the confirmation of landing. I received it in about four months.

wz

Apr 29, 2013
kenzhang said:
I would suggest you get one ASAP. it is said it will take 8 months. however, it won't take that long. I lost mine too. and send it out for the copy of the confirmation of landing. I received it in about four months.
Thanks for sharing. I really want to submit my application next month or two, so I guess I don't have too many choices here.