+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

applied pr under pnp while moving to another province

Aug 22, 2012
Friend of mine applied pr under pnp last year. he got the pnp nomination and applied to federally end of last year. This year he sent his medical; now waiting for the next step. At this point he got a great job opportunity from an another province and he is not sure if he should move. I like to know what his opinions are in this particular situation.

I guess the best option would be not to move :)

But for say
- if he moves to another province, what will happen to his application?
- Does his application still be in the system? Or he should cancel his application? in that case can he reapply under pnp from a different province?
-If the position is on contract basis, can he move to another province temporary basis for 6 months or one year so he can still keep his pr application?

Guys I would really appreciate your thoughts on this situation.

Thanks

ronaldoyaronaldo

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
He has to inform the provincial government that he is moving which in turn will void his application. I'd recommend staying until he gets his PR then he can move to any other province (even though it is immoral since they nominated him to stay and contribute to the economy of the province)

kama421

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
I had a similar case and I got a reply from federal immigration that they will continue to process my application irrespective of my location.