+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied in March 2020 | No update yet

beekerr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2020
I applied for the study permit in March 2020 (SDS). Could not give biometrics due to lockdown. Medical updated in September.
Deferred my course from May to September and started online in September.
Gave biometrics on January 4th. After that there is no update. Tried raising multiple webforms but only got automated reply.
I'm not sure what to do anymore. Can anyone suggest what should I do as it's been almost an year since I applied.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
I applied for the study permit in March 2020 (SDS). Could not give biometrics due to lockdown. Medical updated in September.
Gave biometrics on January 4th. After that there is no update. Tried raising multiple webforms but only got automated reply.
I'm not sure what to do anymore. Can anyone suggest what should I do as it's been almost an year since I applied.
You should call them. Many people have called and asked about their cases. i have never called so I cannot guide you how to call but heard that either someone needs to call from inside Canada or you need to use some app to call them.

Omair76

Jan 24, 2021
I'm in a similar situation. Applied in March 2020 and still haven't got any update except my medicals but that too expired in February. I didn't even receive an AIP so couldn't start my course in Sept.
I'm thinking about withdrawing my application and re-apply again since new applications are getting their decisions faster. :/

beekerr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2020
I'm in a similar situation. Applied in March 2020 and still haven't got any update except my medicals but that too expired in February. I didn't even receive an AIP so couldn't start my course in Sept.
I'm thinking about withdrawing my application and re-apply again since new applications are getting their decisions faster. :/
Sorry to hear that mate. Yeah if you did not start the course maybe you can try withdrawing. But do check the processing times in your country cause at this point I just feel it's luck. Some people applied in Feb 2021 and got ppr but some waiting from Jan 2021.