+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for Study Permit Extension Too Late Because I Can't Apply for PGWP YET

migell

Aug 30, 2024
So I finished my program in June but I just learned my university won't issue the credential letter till late October. My study permit expires in 2 days, so I signed up for 3 courses to maintain my full-time student status and applied for my study permit extension till December. I have a job offer lined up next month.

I know what I can do is to wait, but in the case of the worst scenario, which is my extension got refused, what should I do? Any help is very much appreciated, thank you!

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
So I finished my program in June but I just learned my university won't issue the credential letter till late October. My study permit expires in 2 days, so I signed up for 3 courses to maintain my full-time student status and applied for my study permit extension till December. I have a job offer lined up next month.

I know what I can do is to wait, but in the case of the worst scenario, which is my extension got refused, what should I do? Any help is very much appreciated, thank you!
That's a crazy long time for final results to be posted. What school is this?

You have done the right thing to maintain your status. If the study permit is refused (it probably won't be processed until October anyways), you apply for PGWP with restoration. Might have to pass or delay the job until then though.

migell

Aug 30, 2024
So I finished my program in June but I just learned my university won't issue the credential letter till late October. My study permit expires in 2 days, so I signed up for 3 courses to maintain my full-time student status and applied for my study permit extension till December. I have a job offer lined up next month https://mobdro.bio/ .

i got this...