+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

anjay

Star Member
Aug 14, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2009 at CIO
Doc's Request.
18-09-2009 by Buffalo
AOR Received.
18-09-2009 first AOR from CIO
IELTS Request
18-09-2009 by Buffalo
File Transfer...
20-05-2010 to Los Angeles
Med's Request
05-07-2010 my lawyer received by mail, but delayed due to wife is pregnant
Med's Done....
11-04-2011 sent after new baby has been added
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-05-2011 3wks after sending medicals
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2011 done inperson, same day pick-up
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 via Lewiston Bridge by land
wsj78 said:
Pasi, thanks for letting me know that you did not use any lawyer or consultant. That's a great news.
I'll tell others to just do it on their own.
i don't know what good are these "reps"
there are reps that are good, me and my friend used the same, and this lawyer has been very prompt in his updates, very clear on his instructions and requirements. I guess there are some that are disreputable, but fortunately ours was one of the reputable ones. he even went the extra mile to help out a case that was denied. he'll tell you honestly if your case is strong or not, and will not lead you on with false promises...although i admit the steps are clear cut enough to be done by ourselves without the help of lawyers, but in my case, so far so good.

pooja123

Feb 20, 2010
anjay said:
Hi all,

My ecas changed today to IN PROCESS. Exactly a week ago, VO called my office to verify employment. I hope this means meds are next.
Congrats !!!!
Do you know what questions they ask to your HR?

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
wsj78 said:
Pasi, thanks for letting me know that you did not use any lawyer or consultant. That's a great news.
I'll tell others to just do it on their own.
i don't know what good are these "reps"
I am not sure on that as I never thought of having a consultant or lawyer for my processing. Just discussed with few friends who had done this and I was told that the process is straight forward and if we have all documents to support our application, we can do it ourselves.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
anjay said:
there are reps that are good, me and my friend used the same, and this lawyer has been very prompt in his updates, very clear on his instructions and requirements. I guess there are some that are disreputable, but fortunately ours was one of the reputable ones. he even went the extra mile to help out a case that was denied. he'll tell you honestly if your case is strong or not, and will not lead you on with false promises...although i admit the steps are clear cut enough to be done by ourselves without the help of lawyers, but in my case, so far so good.
Thats good to know. You can probably refer your lawyer to other friends here. I would think going through a lawyer would really save time for you. Just to know, how much do we need to pay them?

anjay

Star Member
Aug 14, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2009 at CIO
Doc's Request.
18-09-2009 by Buffalo
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
18-09-2009 by Buffalo
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
pooja123 said:
Congrats !!!!
Do you know what questions they ask to your HR?
weird thing is our receptionist said they looked for me first, but since I was not around at that time, she transfered it to somebody else who was our bookkeeper, the bookkeeper then asked who was calling, but the VO did not say who they were, just insisted to talk to me, when he was told that I was not around and if he needed help, there was anotehr accountant who could help him, he then said "oh there are two accountants? among the two, who is the boss?" our bookkeeper still not knowing that it was a VO, said my name, so the VO asked to be transfered to my voicemail, but funny thing is he did not leave me any messages at all. The only thing that clued me in that this was a VO was he used my full h1b title to look for me which was Financial Analyst not just accountant.

anjay

Star Member
Aug 14, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2009 at CIO
Doc's Request.
18-09-2009 by Buffalo
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
18-09-2009 by Buffalo
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Pasi said:
Thats good to know. You can probably refer your lawyer to other friends here. I would think going through a lawyer would really save time for you. Just to know, how much do we need to pay them?
The fees I paid are $1995 in 4 increments at different stages of processing so it would not be too much of a burden. so far i owe $500, which I will pay once visa is issued, the fees are refundable as well if your case gets rejected except for $500 unless you willfully cause your case to be denied. Other than that, it is reasonable, and they review your docs carefully before submission.

pooja123

Feb 20, 2010
anjay said:
weird thing is our receptionist said they looked for me first, but since I was not around at that time, she transfered it to somebody else who was our bookkeeper, the bookkeeper then asked who was calling, but the VO did not say who they were, just insisted to talk to me, when he was told that I was not around and if he needed help, there was anotehr accountant who could help him, he then said "oh there are two accountants? among the two, who is the boss?" our bookkeeper still not knowing that it was a VO, said my name, so the VO asked to be transfered to my voicemail, but funny thing is he did not leave me any messages at all. The only thing that clued me in that this was a VO was he used my full h1b title to look for me which was Financial Analyst not just accountant.
Thanks for sharing it. It is helpful.

FH

Jul 1, 2010
My file was transferred from Buffalo to Seattle in Mar, 2009, more than 15 months ago. I am still waiting. Don't know what's going on there. The only thing I can do is waiting?

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
FH said:
My file was transferred from Buffalo to Seattle in Mar, 2009, more than 15 months ago. I am still waiting. Don't know what's going on there. The only thing I can do is waiting?
I think you should do a case specific inquiry to the Seattle visa office. 15 months is a really long time.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anjay said:
Hi all,

My ecas changed today to IN PROCESS. Exactly a week ago, VO called my office to verify employment. I hope this means meds are next.

Are you sure it was changed to In Process just today ! because today is a holiday for all of the canadian visa offices, and the government departments. It is Canada day !

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deardhir said:
A bit off topic... I got 2nd AOR from Buffalo on 14th April 2010. I had sent the RPRF fee along with the documents package to Buffalo. I just got to know that the bank draft was cashed on 21st April 2010. Is this unusual? I thought they cash the draft when they start processing.

That is very usual, they cash any money order for the RPRF as soon as they receive it regardless of whether they have asked for it or not, and if anything goes wrong in the future, they issue a refund for the applicant.

anjay

Star Member
Aug 14, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2009 at CIO
Doc's Request.
18-09-2009 by Buffalo
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
18-09-2009 by Buffalo
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
professional 1 said:
Are you sure it was changed to In Process just today ! because today is a holiday for all of the canadian visa offices, and the government departments. It is Canada day !
Yes 100% sure, because I checked late last night and it showed Received by Visa Office, then I checked this morning and there it showed In Process, I did not expect this since I knew that they normally update only mondays or tuesdays, my friend got her status changed to In Process today too.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anjay said:
Yes 100% sure, because I checked late last night and it showed Received by Visa Office, then I checked this morning and there it showed In Process, I did not expect this since I knew that they normally update only mondays or tuesdays, my friend got her status changed to In Process today too.

Congratulations for the progress.

If this is the case, it means that the update is not done manually by the assistants working in the visa offices, it looks like they use the batches processing method in updating the e-case automatically by the system !

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
^ Professional, that's right.
My "Medicals received" status changed also happened today!!
It seems like the ecas window at Buffalo is greeting us all with a Happy Canada Day!!!
It also seems to have been pretty busy judging by some other threads in these forums as well...... ;D

loveson

May 21, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
01-11- 2009
AOR Received.
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
10Oct12 to seattle
Med's Request
30Mar12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02AUG12
com2canada said:
Hey guys,

Some of us have been waiting to meet the 1 yr requirement for FSW3 and here comes the new rule removing FSW3 and fusing it with AEO and FSW2. The big issue now is the time constraint in terms of no one know how soon each occupation on the list is gonna fill up.

I was thinking I might have to go apply from outside of Canada as my occupation is included in the new NOC list. But considering the fact I have been here for nearly a year, I dont really know if thats a good idea. My reason for wanting to do that is to avoid apply later and get rejected because the quota is full.

I also would like to know if its possible to get AEO while studying and the implications for CIC, 'cos I think thats another option.

Please guys, I wud more light shed on the recent changes that have been made so those of us (students in Canada) waiting to apply can start thinking of all the options.
Hi, i am the case that studying in Canada and apply AEO, and now my status is still " Received by Visa" office, hope i will hear good news sooner.

Best wishes!