+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications after 26/6 in any NOC CONNECT HERE TO GET THE STATUS

rilov

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Cappuccino said:
Well in this instance I was over for 2 weeks, and Queencougar mentioned her husband worked for a software development company (although he's in the QA side of things). He passed on my CV to the development manager, who arranged a telephone interview. From there I was able arrange a face to face interview + developer exam for the 2 weeks I was over there, and then I found out yesterday I've been offered the job.

But basically I didn't really want to work in downtown Vancouver, where 80% of the development jobs in the area are, so it was then a question of trying to find jobs which were more out of town. The trouble with working in downtown Vancouver is that it's either expensive rent, or a long commute. I didn't fancy either of those!

Anyway we're renting on the edge of Abbotsford (although it's actually closer to Aldergrove than Abbotsford) and the job is in Langley which is about 10 miles/ 15 to 20 minutes drive.

I think job banks and cv sites like monster.ca can be good, especially for IT and software development, but word-of-mouth and referrals will always give you the edge.

Wayne.
Which technology you work ?

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
rilov said:
Which technology you work ?
Well my main experience is with Microsoft language - originally Visual Basic and for the past 6 years or so C#, both for the .Net framework, and SQL Server databases.

But this new role will be mostly Delphi and DB2.

Wayne.

sonir

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
Shalom1 said:
Some positive news about our medical.
I got an email from London VO today:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please be advised that we have found the xray for your spouse. We will contact you once the medical section has recorded the results in our system.

I emailed them yesterday expressing my frustration about the loss of documents within their office.
Thank you all for your concern and encouragement.

Shalom
wow thats a real fantastic news Shalom..so happy for you

on the lighter note ;) do send a copy of your email, we should also learn from you , how to get things done ;D ;)

sonir

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
sethi104 said:
Status Changed to In Process..........

Processing starts on 30th September....
sethi congrats on ecase update ;D it feels nice to see in process..so what if MR came a bit early than that

nits1930

Star Member
May 8, 2011
canada
mahek286 said:
I hope so Rod. I think that's the Visa Office's deadline to complete the eligibility assessment not the entire file. And yes, February would be a year from the date I received the PER not from when I applied. I applied in October.
hi mahek,
just want to know-if u r RBVO or In-Process on e-cas.
all the very best.....

thank u.

sonir

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
Dr.Hasib said:
great...this is it, you got the email on 30th sep cause your file was put into processing from 29th sep. you just got the status later ;)
;D you are always right

sonir

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
wenstumped said:
@ Sonir, Congratulations!! See? It was a good thing that you were put 'In Process' in the spreadsheet yesterday. It was almost prophetic! All the best and I hope things speed along for you now.

@ Wayne, Congratulations on the job offer! It's really encouraging to see people moving to Canada and settling in so quickly. I hope for something similar to happen to me once I get there, and the rest of us as well.

And now...for a confession! Since everyone has been talking about the CAIPS notes lately, I ordered mine 2 days before receiving my PPR! I was so happy to get the PPR that I didn't cancel my order for the CAIPS notes. Given that my ecase status is already 'DM' and I'm expecting to get my visa any day now, it should be interesting to see what my notes hold. I'll post it once I receive them, I'm probably the only fool to have ordered CAIPS so late in the process! ;D
thnks wendy

sonir

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
mani5553 said:
FMA (the person who started this thread) landed exactly 1 year ago in Canada - 7th Oct '10. I hope the person who gave us this wonderful platform to interact with each other is doing well. It would be great if he can share his experience during last 1 year with us.

All the best to fma and all my friends here :)

Regards
Manpreet
LONG LIVE dear FMA .......how could i ignore this post ;D

we all love him for creating this wonderful thread

regards
sonir

nazafarin

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto
sonir said:
Dear All,

Today my ECAS says "In Process" ;D

We received your application for permanent residence on February 2, 2011.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on March 23, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on September 29, 2011.

Address is still there !

Rgds

Sonir
congratulation... congratulation. ;D ;D ;D... too long but :D :D :D happy ending!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy see your name in spreadsheet with IN PROCESS status... your name is above my name :p :p
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmdzsgHT36f-dEVKMUVyckF4UXdPbUxSZ1VlRzB6REE&hl=en_US#gid=0

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
hi

I am new to this forum and my ecas status is in progress. I know that in the next stage MR will reach me, but I am bit afraid about medicals as I have some allergic rash due to sea food and they will take time to heal. Beside this I am absolutely healthy in all aspects. Can u plz brief me up what all tests are there in medical examination and what all does physical examination includes.
ur advice will be appreciated.