+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications after 26/6 in any NOC CONNECT HERE TO GET THE STATUS

canadestin

Champion Member
May 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mitali said:
What's wrong with Cohen having Indian clients.....he may certainly have them as his clients and have their VO as New Delhi...in that case he really only needs to inform his client to send the PP to ND (within country). Again, I repeat I do not understand how it worked for you BIL.

Anyways, I have emailed Cohen and post his answer when I receive it to clear my doubts on the subject. I think we should not drag this subject any further till I receive an answer from Cohen. I really would not like forum members to go through a discussion which is still awaiting a solid proof.

I apologise to the members if reading my posts has taken away your precious time.

Mitali
when we hire a lawyer/consultant...he/she acts as representative and give their address as mailing address....so all the communication from VO goes to that mailing address....and when PP is submitted ..it is returned to the mailing address only......in case of Cohen(PRESENT) he may ask u to send PP directly to VO but the PP will be RETURNED to his address.
In case of my BIL the contract was ...he need to pay Half the amount of consultation fees before submitting app...then some perecent after approval and remaining after VISA Stamping....the lawyer sent the PP to my BIL only after he paid the full amount. And this is how most of the consultants/lawyers work.

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
spokes said:
Congrats, Shalom.
You are almost there ;)

And Congrats to all with good news.
I am still RBVO; can you guys believe it ???
Incredible :(
Thank you sis.
I am surprised at Accra's slow pace.
I hope and pray that your case receives attention very soon.
Best wishes

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadestin said:
when we hire a lawyer/consultant...he/she acts as representative and give their address as mailing address....so all the communication from VO goes to that mailing address....and when PP is submitted ..it is returned to the mailing address only......in case of Cohen(PRESENT) he may ask u to send PP directly to VO but the PP will be RETURNED to his address.
In case of my BIL the contract was ...he need to pay Half the amount of consultation fees before submitting app...then some perecent after approval and remaining after VISA Stamping....the lawyer sent the PP to my BIL only after he paid the full amount. And this is how most of the consultants/lawyers work.
Ok Candestin, so you mean to say that ND VO WILL SEND the Indian PASSPORTS OUTSIDE of India even though there is a LAW against it? And by what means, if I may ask...a courier service, postal service or in person? Do you know how it happened with Cohen in this instance? What service delivered your BIL's PP at his office? Please enlighten me.

The Cohen firm charges fees in 3 installments - $750+ 950+ 950 at the beginning,middle and end of the process. End of process would mean stamping of Visa and COPR papers. Law firms can still retain the COPR papers which are crucial for landing purposes until the fees are paid in full...it does not necessarily have to be Passports.

I had rest my case but you wanted to dig further....I just want nobody to be hurt or be in a really ugly legal situation because of our suggestions...

Mitali

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
canadestin said:
for current rules/pointing system there is no change.....but in future they gonna change...heres the link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/consultations/fswp/part2.asp

and i think they used the proposed changes/points in the COME TO CANADA tool
Yes it's been talked about as a possibility.

The point I was originally making was, why would the eligibility tool make a distinction whether you are under or over 35, when the CURRENT rules has 21 to 49 as a single band?

Wayne.

canadestin

Champion Member
May 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mitali said:
Ok Candestin, so you mean to say that ND VO WILL SEND the Indian PASSPORTS OUTSIDE of India even though there is a LAW against it? And by what means, if I may ask...a courier service, postal service or in person? Do you know how it happened with Cohen in this instance? What service delivered your BIL's PP at his office? Please enlighten me.
The Cohen firm charges fees in 3 installments - $750+ 950+ 950 at the beginning,middle and end of the process. End of process would mean stamping of Visa and COPR papers. Law firms can still retain the COPR papers which are crucial for landing purposes until the fees are paid in full...it does not necessarily have to be Passports.
I had rest my case but you wanted to dig further....I just want nobody to be hurt or be in a really ugly legal situation because of our suggestions...

Mitali
Seems u still doubt wat i said...My BIL sent it from Saudi Arabia....and it will be silly for me to ask him about it now. Anyway u will get the reply from COHEN so wait. and not just my BIL my bro sent it to Canadian LAWYER(CoLin) IN 2006 from Saudi to Canada.

and u mean to say VO will send COPR papers to one address and PP to other address?

And u gave me a web link to prove urself but Unfortunately I proved myself from that same web link that Indian PP can sent to other country. And the person there mentioned DHLCourier...why dont u check with them?

EVen i am ending....but think.....suppose If a Indian is working/residing in London (as the one who had posted earlier in this topic) or some other person working in Saudi for example and he/she submit app. at London VO and after medicals they loose their job or Visa expires and had to return back to INDIA then what u think will happen to their case? ....

-----------------TOPIC ENDED---------------

johnyusa

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
satyasuman said:
Hi Johny,

It seems you have two questions here.

1) About Funds: I am really not sure of how much and which form needs to be filled in. I would prefer to show a little more than the minimum atleast in funds. There is a minimum amount that needs to be in the bank. I think its a minimum of 8K for a couple. I would say atleast 10K if its just a couple. Which form? I am not sure because I havent gone through the process yet.

2) Driving license: Not just this one, there are other formalities as well that you may have to finish. Below is the checklist.

a) OHIP Card: Ontario Health Insurance Plan Card. This would require 3 months of time after your landing process is completed.
b) Driving License: You can exchange US DL. DL here has 3 stages: G1, G2, G. G1 is a learning license. G2 is for atleast a year experienced. G is a full license. If you have atleast 2 years of experience on US DL, you will get a G license here. Also, get an abstract of your driving history before you leave US from your insurance agency(s). This will help in getting your insurance premium down. Otherwise its too expensive here.
c) SIN: Social Idenitification Number. (like SSN in US)
d) Bank Accounts: Unfortunately, we have to pay maintenance fee to the bank for holding a chequings account in canada. There are some banks which waive this fee for new comers till a year or so. This is with all the banks. Opening a bank account is easy.
e) Lease: Keep in mind that you have to pay first and last month rent when you agree for a lease.

For all these things, you would need an address proof. I think these things can be done only once you are here, Except SIN. There could be lot of other things which I have not mentioned here.

P.S.: I guess you are driving to Ontario province. My comments always reflects ontario's rules.

Satya.
Hi Satya,

Thanks a lot for the detailed reply. Yes, i am planning to move to GTA only, will drive from US and so your information is relevant. I think i can complete all other things except the OHIP card since i will not be staying there for long. I will apply for OHIP once i move permanently next spring 2012. I have 5 years driving experience in US, do you think this would be enough to get directly the "G" license. Shall i get the letter from insurance company or DMV from USA? Do you think i can accomplish all the tasks except OHIP in 2 weeks.

Thanks again!

EnvioZA

Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 22
Doc's Request.
Sent with app.
AOR Received.
15th Feb. 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
Med's Request
13/5/2011
Med's Done....
17/5/2011
Passport Req..
9/8/2011

EnvioZA

Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 22
Doc's Request.
Sent with app.
AOR Received.
15th Feb. 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
Med's Request
13/5/2011
Med's Done....
17/5/2011
Passport Req..
9/8/2011
anil04_10 said:
Congratulations dear

- shah for the MR .... Keep yourself fit & healthy ..... all the best ..... ;)
- cforcanada for PPR ....... Now Buffalo, I hope will charge like a bull ....... :)
- Zahed for the DM ..... You will soon get your maple leaves ....Be ready to fly .... :D
- Fighter for the visa. Finally fight for visa is over .... and a new fight for life will begin...All the best dear ... 8) 8)

Cheers, aNil
Hello Anil,
Thanks dear.
Wish you all the best.
zahed

deex

Star Member
Aug 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
with appli
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
with appli
File Transfer...
May 2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 2012
Hullo friends

I want to update my status.
I am deex.
visa office new delhi
Ecas -RBVO.
PCC with appli yes
BD encash 27.03.2011

AOR 12.06.2011

anil04_10

Champion Member
Aug 20, 2010
Brampton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2015 Local Office....: Mississauga
AOR Received.
03-30-2015 In Process......: 06-15-2015 Test.......: 11-26-2015 Oath........: Waiting
kpkinnera said:
does ECAS site working? I am trying since 15 min not opening site..... :p :p :p

Pavan
Hey Pavan

Working fine for me ..... Try again...

Cheers, aNil

deex

Star Member
Aug 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
with appli
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
with appli
File Transfer...
May 2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 2012
works
I checked 30 min back
good luck

kpkinnera

Feb 10, 2011
anil04_10 said:
Hey Pavan

Working fine for me ..... Try again...

Cheers, aNil
Hi Anil
GM Man
You are online so no need to check my ecas you are there so you update me......

Thanks and Regards
Pavan

wenstumped

Jul 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations Mitsch and here's wishing you a speedy 'rest of the processing'.

Day 69 for me and counting, may my PPR make it to me today...... :D

SAM786

Star Member
May 27, 2011
FRIENDS ITS URGENT PLZ HELP ....
my wife who is not pakistani national is residing in pakistan from last more thn 1 yr now she needs pcc from pakistan can anyone plz tel how can she obtain pcc from pakistan being a non citizen of this country as we have already asked for pcc from local police station n thy are denying it..

plz help
thnx you,
gud luck,
SAM