13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
queencougar said:
I am sure that everyone knows that it isn't personal, since they do not know us personally, yet the fact remains that there are choices being made at VO about which applications are processed and which are not. I am giving the VO due credit in this assumption, since it would be frankly insulting to any business to suggest that their organisation operated in a purely random way when dealing with their paperwork.
It is, however a business that is dealing with individuals with deep personal reasons for applying and so I would hope that someone at CIC would realise that transparency is important to help applicants deal with the waiting and avoid unnecessarily worrying them. The lack of transparency in the process, the VAST inconsistency in timing between candidates receiving information and the vastly differing attitude and work rates of different VOs are all causing people to be worried and upset. It is having a detrimental affect on their daily lives and this is not necessary. It also causes applicants to submit more case specific enquiries because they have no idea what is going on and so they do this to find out. This wastes everyone's time.
It would save a lot of heartache and put an end to this speculation and feelings of unfairness in many applicants' eyes if the immigration process was just more clear. They should have nothing to hide - we all know what they do at the VO anyway, so why should it be so secretive? Why are VOs like London so reluctant to respond to Case specific e-mails with a proper, specific reply, when others have been really good at communicating politely, precisely and in good time?
Everyone would benefit from greater information being given promptly and also from knowing that the timescales were more reliable. In my case, for instance, I could get my house on the market now if I knew that my MR were on the way. If I have to wait until PR comes, that will delay my travelling to Canada by possibly several more weeks, if not months and I am sure anyone who knows me would understand why that is a cause of great distress to me. Everyone here has these life considerations and it could be so much easier and less stressful and less work for everyone if this was sorted out.
All applicants entered into this voluntarily, but we made our choices based on the information given by the authorities, which for our category was 6 months to process at the VO. We were told Cat 2 is processed by a different team and is priority. My husband and I reckoned we would be apart for 8 months, allowing 2 months for processing at CIO Sydney and 6 at London and we thought we could cope with that. This is now our 9th month apart and there is no sign of even MR. So, we have been mislead.
People have made decisions based on information given and then the process does not even remotely reflect that.
I have no idea what you mean by "in due course". In business, there is no such statement. Deadlines, targets and quotas are standard practice in all businesses - how else would you make sure you were doing your job properly and efficiently?
There are decisions being made at the VOs and they should be communicated clearly to applicants - all anyone here wants is to understand the process so that they can organise their lives around it and make the wait more bearable. Surely you can understand that, Advance123?
Hi Queencougar,

You have certainly hit the nail on the head when you talk of lack of transparency. If CHC London published their work pattern and how they were deciding which applications to process and give applicants some idea of how long things were likely to take, I think most applicants would accept this.

It's the total silence that most people hate.

Personally I think employing 1 person to continually update their web site with as much information on their work patterns as they are able to give, would save them many times that in man-hours with online queries that they would not longer be getting!

I think CHC London's reluctance to respond to cases are due to the volume of cases it has. It is one of the busiest visa offices in the world with regards the number of applications in its inventory. So they must get thousands and thousands of queries per week.

But as mentioned, if they communicated better and were more transparent, many of these queries would not be necessary. If they are doing things in any order by strictly the order in which the applications were received at the visa office, which is currently what their web site SAYS they do - then this should be clearly communicated. They owe the applicants who have invested thousands of pounds, dozens if not hundreds of hours preparing their applications and many many months waiting, that much!

Wayne.

odin2404

Jan 27, 2011
Burlington
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2010
Doc's Request.
sent with application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
23rd Feb 2011
Med's Request
03rd March 2011
Med's Done....
30th March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03rd March 2011 PPR/RPRF sent: 13th April 2011 RPRF encashed: 29th April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05th May 2011
LANDED..........
19th July 2011
Cappuccino said:
Our address was back on last week. Still no "Medical results received" line though.

Wayne.
Thanks for the quick answer guys.

Sigh, the more I try to put logic into e-cas changes the more it confuses me. Sorry guys, no coherent explanation comes to mind.

Advance123

Oct 30, 2010
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
31.12.2012. Citizen: 2017-09-08
queencougar said:
I am sure that everyone knows that it isn't personal, since they do not know us personally, yet the fact remains that there are choices being made at VO about which applications are processed and which are not. I am giving the VO due credit in this assumption, since it would be frankly insulting to any business to suggest that their organisation operated in a purely random way when dealing with their paperwork.
It is, however a business that is dealing with individuals with deep personal reasons for applying and so I would hope that someone at CIC would realise that transparency is important to help applicants deal with the waiting and avoid unnecessarily worrying them. The lack of transparency in the process, the VAST inconsistency in timing between candidates receiving information and the vastly differing attitude and work rates of different VOs are all causing people to be worried and upset. It is having a detrimental affect on their daily lives and this is not necessary. It also causes applicants to submit more case specific enquiries because they have no idea what is going on and so they do this to find out. This wastes everyone's time.
It would save a lot of heartache and put an end to this speculation and feelings of unfairness in many applicants' eyes if the immigration process was just more clear. They should have nothing to hide - we all know what they do at the VO anyway, so why should it be so secretive? Why are VOs like London so reluctant to respond to Case specific e-mails with a proper, specific reply, when others have been really good at communicating politely, precisely and in good time?
Everyone would benefit from greater information being given promptly and also from knowing that the timescales were more reliable. In my case, for instance, I could get my house on the market now if I knew that my MR were on the way. If I have to wait until PR comes, that will delay my travelling to Canada by possibly several more weeks, if not months and I am sure anyone who knows me would understand why that is a cause of great distress to me. Everyone here has these life considerations and it could be so much easier and less stressful and less work for everyone if this was sorted out.
All applicants entered into this voluntarily, but we made our choices based on the information given by the authorities, which for our category was 6 months to process at the VO. We were told Cat 2 is processed by a different team and is priority. My husband and I reckoned we would be apart for 8 months, allowing 2 months for processing at CIO Sydney and 6 at London and we thought we could cope with that. This is now our 9th month apart and there is no sign of even MR. So, we have been mislead.
People have made decisions based on information given and then the process does not even remotely reflect that.
I have no idea what you mean by "in due course". In business, there is no such statement. Deadlines, targets and quotas are standard practice in all businesses - how else would you make sure you were doing your job properly and efficiently?
There are decisions being made at the VOs and they should be communicated clearly to applicants - all anyone here wants is to understand the process so that they can organise their lives around it and make the wait more bearable. Surely you can understand that, Advance123?
What you have to do is no concern of the VO.

Some have been in this process since 2004 and they still can't see any ray of light.

CIC never gave a time frame for post June 2010 applicants. The timeline you suggested was your own assumption and I don't see why they should keep to it. They will use as much time as it takes to verify your papers so don't expect favours.

How can you know what they do at the VO. Have you ever worked there?

Raising conspiracy theories and fretting over the situation would not speed up the process in any way.

Immigration processes are never straight forward no matter what guidelines have been set out. It is just the reality. And if you check available data, you will discover that London, Buffalo, Accra and Paris have the largest workload.

They have nothing to hide from you and even considering you for immigration should be seen as a favour not a right.

When you become Canadian you can then begin to claim rights.

There are many people in the process who don't want to be encumbered with the negativity of others.

If you are so knowledgeable about how business works, start one. Don't just throw up theories you have never put into practice.

Your understanding on this one is baseless and reeks of desperation.

JasonBourne

Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
PER dated Feb 16, 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
March 14, 2011 (In Process on Aug. 31, 2011)
Med's Request
Sept. 1, 2011
Med's Done....
Sept. 30, 2011 (Meds sent by the DMP on Oct. 7, 2011)
Interview........
Done on Aug 25, 2011
Passport Req..
Sept. 1, 2011 (Sent on Oct. 11th, 2011)
VISA ISSUED...
Issued on Dec. 12th, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed on Aug. 16th, 2012
Yeah I know.....I was focused on RBVOs.......They have atleast opened your file for processing (It's a different matter that they forgot to actually start processing it after opening :))......We are still waiting for 'In Process'........Looking at your situation, it seems tough times lie ahead for us.......

amar12345 said:
Jason

You forgot me "In Process" for 69 days :mad:

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Advance123 said:
What you have to do is no concern of the VO.

Some have been in this process since 2004 and they still can't see any ray of light.

CIC never gave a time frame for post June 2010 applicants. The timeline you suggested was your own assumption and I don't see why they should keep to it. They will use as much time as it takes to verify your papers so don't expect favours.

How can you know what they do at the VO. have you ever worked there?

Raising conspiracy theories and fretting over the situation would not speed up the process in any way.

Immigration processes are never straight forward no matter what guidelines have been set out. It is just the reality. And if you check available data, you will discover that London, Buffalo, Accra and Paris have the largest workload.

They have nothing to hide from you and even considering you for immigration should be seen as a favour not a right.

When you become Canadian you can then begin to claim rights.

There are many people in the process who don't want to be encumbered with the negativity of others.

If you are so knowledgeable about how business works, start one. Don't just throw up theories you have never put into practice.

Your understanding on this one is baseless and reeks of desperation.
Hmm Advance123, don't you think that's a little heartless?

Queencougar has been apart from her husband for 9 months already. Even if you don't agree with her views on how London are working and should be working, and you do make some valid points, you could show a little more compassion in your retorts? :)

And I must disagree with you when you say "considering you for immigration should be seen as a favour not a right". This is a two-way process, not a one-way process. Canada needs skilled immigrants to boost its workforce and fill holes in its job market. It may not be a "right", but it is certainly a question of both parties - Canada and the applicant - doing each OTHER a favour :)

Wayne.

Advance123

Oct 30, 2010
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Cappuccino said:
Hi Queencougar,

You have certainly hit the nail on the head when you talk of lack of transparency. If CHC London published their work pattern and how they were deciding which applications to process and give applicants some idea of how long things were likely to take, I think most applicants would accept this.

It's the total silence that most people hate.

Personally I think employing 1 person to continually update their web site with as much information on their work patterns as they are able to give, would save them many times that in man-hours with online queries that they would not longer be getting!

I think CHC London's reluctance to respond to cases are due to the volume of cases it has. It is one of the busiest visa offices in the world with regards the number of applications in its inventory. So they must get thousands and thousands of queries per week.

But as mentioned, if they communicated better and were more transparent, many of these queries would not be necessary. If they are doing things in any order by strictly the order in which the applications were received at the visa office, which is currently what their web site SAYS they do - then this should be clearly communicated. They owe the applicants who have invested thousands of pounds, dozens if not hundreds of hours preparing their applications and many many months waiting, that much!

Wayne.
Wayne,

The VOs have made it clear that you should not contact them until after a certain period. I think London VO states 8 months. That is a clear statement and counts for precise communication. It's been barely 3 months for most people and the VO is already being criticized.

Of course we can all worry. I'm as eager as the next person to make this move but bringing up some form of conspiracy even when the instructions are that clear is what irks me.

We all knew the financial requirements needed to go into this process and we chose to apply. So why complain?

A woman goes 9 months with the burden of pregnancy and when the baby is born forgets about all the pain.

Some babies come earlier or later than expected due dates but come they do.

magdy580

Star Member
Sep 25, 2010
Cairo, Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2010
AOR Received.
31-01-2011 / 31-03-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
Med's Request
02-04-2011
Med's Done....
06-04-2011 / 28-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-8-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-9-2011
LANDED..........
3rd of November 2011
Hello brothers, Canady, Cairo

What a wonderful discussion you have been into !

I want to tell you something Canady: I can understand that you badly need this immigration thing. But it is better to deal with it as something that may or may not come. Of course, we all hope that it comes very fast, but I have some experiences with things I have tied my life to and did not happen, and other things I also have tied my life to and happenned but I discovered that it was not as I expected. Please try to see the full half of your cup, not the empty one. I know Egypt is not the place we all need to be in. Not saying this to depress you of course, but I have learnt and trying to practice how to "obtain" peace in the exhasuting place we are living in.

This is sometimes impossible when you just finish work at the end of the day and drive 2 or 3 hours in the crowded streets of Cairo and 6th of October bridge :).

But again, a person that seeks peace without having peace with himself first, won't find it in a place like Canada.

This also applies for love, any many other emotions.

I have learnt this by living in a small town in Africa for 2 years ... there only I discovered that going back home is more wonderful than anything :)

I also have been to Germany, Jordan, Thailand ...

But to sum up: we all pray that we get our visas very soon, and we consider ourselves "enjoying" our time here in Egypt :)

Cheers to you, Cairo, Moori and all other fellows :)

Magdy

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
Advance123 said:
Wayne,

The VOs have made it clear that you should not contact them until after a certain period. I think London VO states 8 months. That is a clear statement and counts for precise communication. It's been barely 3 months for most people and the VO is already being criticized.

Of course we can all worry. I'm as eager as the next person to make this move but bringing up some form of conspiracy even when the instructions are that clear is what irks me.

We all knew the financial requirements required to go into this process and we chose to apply. so why complain?

A woman goes 9 months with the burden of pregnancy and when the baby is born forgets about all the pain.

Some babies come earlier or later than expected due dates but come they do.
I personally am not complaining, and have not contacted CHC for any reason other than to inform them of my change of company name, and to mail them bank statements for additional proof of funding. At no point have we mailed them "hey, what's going on with our application".

But what I am saying is that CHC could do the applicants AND themselves a favour by communicating more clearly and being more transparent.

There should be no big secrets to their work patterns, and if as I suggested they employ a person to communicate what is going on via their web site they could save themselves literally thousands of queries per week.

No-one can expect visa offices to produce miracles, especially very busy ones like London - if it has more applications in its inventory that in can possibly process this year, which it has by some margin, then it has to just do what it can. But a small amount of time invested in communicating better to the 140,000+ applicants still waiting, could pay massive dividends on both sides.

Wayne.

Advance123

Oct 30, 2010
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Cappuccino said:
Hmm Advance123, don't you think that's a little heartless?

Queencougar has been apart from her husband for 9 months already. Even if you don't agree with her views on how London are working and should be working, and you do make some valid points, you could show a little more compassion in your retorts? :)

And I must disagree with you when you say "considering you for immigration should be seen as a favour not a right". This is a two-way process, not a one-way process. Canada needs skilled immigrants to boost its workforce and fill holes in its job market. It may not be a "right", but it is certainly a question of both parties - Canada and the applicant - doing each OTHER a favour :)

Wayne.
I considered my language before writing.

I will not come out in strong language if others learn to speak with some respect.

When someone begins to question my understanding with statements like "Surely you can understand that, Advance123?" then I have a right to give them a piece of my mind as well.

I have disagreed with you and some others on issues but you have always responded with consideration. All I did was give an opinion and not ask for my understanding to be questioned.

Yes she's been away from her husband for 9 months which is hard but every one has had to sacrifice something for this process. Just because we haven't brought it to this forum doesn't mean they are not equally or even more important.

JasonBourne

Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
PER dated Feb 16, 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
March 14, 2011 (In Process on Aug. 31, 2011)
Med's Request
Sept. 1, 2011
Med's Done....
Sept. 30, 2011 (Meds sent by the DMP on Oct. 7, 2011)
Interview........
Done on Aug 25, 2011
Passport Req..
Sept. 1, 2011 (Sent on Oct. 11th, 2011)
VISA ISSUED...
Issued on Dec. 12th, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed on Aug. 16th, 2012
Advice needed - Especially from ND VO applicants

My wife's passport will expire in a year's time but I have the option to renew it now. The passport still has her maiden name and her parents' address. We used her maiden name in the application as the passport still had her maiden name at that time.

Now, the renewed passport will show her name as <Wife's first name My first name My last name> and will have our current address.

In this case, do I have to send the notarized copies of the renewed passport pages ONLY or do I have to send any of the application forms to include the above changes (name and address) ALSO?

JasonBourne

Advance123

Oct 30, 2010
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Cappuccino said:
I personally am not complaining, and have not contacted CHC for any reason other than to inform them of my change of company name, and to mail them bank statements for additional proof of funding. At no point have we mailed them "hey, what's going on with our application".

But what I am saying is that CHC could do the applicants AND themselves a favour by communicating more clearly and being more transparent.

There should be no big secrets to their work patterns, and if as I suggested they employ a person to communicate what is going on via their web site they could save themselves literally thousands of queries per week.

No-one can expect visa offices to produce miracles, especially very busy ones like London - if it has more applications in its inventory that in can possibly process this year, which it has by some margin, then it has to just do what it can. But a small amount of time invested in communicating better to the 140,000+ applicants still waiting, could pay massive dividends on both sides.

Wayne.
That is a well considered suggestion but unfortunately, they don't seem to have that type of system in place for now.

I have had experience with London VO for temporary visas in the past and I got my visa within 2 weeks by postal application. They were very professional and efficient. To suddenly condemn them now especially when I consider how terrible the UK Home Office has been for me and the extra difficulties that go with processing permanent visas would be very rich indeed.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
Advance123 said:
That is a well considered suggestion but unfortunately, they don't seem to have that type of process place for now.

I have had experience with London VO for temporary visas in the past and I got my visa within 2 weeks by postal application. They were very professional and efficient. To suddenly condemn them now especially when I consider how terrible the UK Home Office has been for me and the extra difficulties that go with processing permanent visas would be very rich indeed.
I am in no way condemning them, or those who work there. CHC London has NO control over how many applications it receives and also no control over how much resource it has to tackle them. All that is set by Canadian parliament. Personally I think CIC should have brought in measures to restrict applications a lot sooner than this, then it would not have such a massive backlog - but the changes it has made for FSW1 by requiring skills in a short list, and placing caps on applications, should help massively over the next year or two.

But just because I am not condemning them, it does not mean I don't believe things can be done a lot better.

Just a little better communication and information from them could mean a lot of stress and anxiety relieved from applicants, as well as saving themselves time in responding to some of the queries.

Wayne.

Advance123

Oct 30, 2010
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Cappuccino said:
I am in no way condemning them, or those who work there. CHC London has NO control over how many applications it receives and also no control over how much resource it has to tackle them. All that is set by Canadian parliament. Personally I think CIC should have brought in measures to restrict applications a lot sooner than this, then it would not have such a massive backlog - but the changes it has made for FSW1 by requiring skills in a short list, and placing caps on applications, should help massively over the next year or two.

But just because I am not condemning them, it does not mean I don't believe things can be done a lot better.

Just a little better communication and information from them could mean a lot of stress and anxiety relieved from applicants, as well as saving themselves time in responding to some of the queries.

Wayne.
I agree completely.

Decisions to restrict the number of applications have been made and will come into effect in June. Luckily they were made in the last parliament so they won't be too punitive.

By 2012, with a majority Conservative government, I believe it will become even harder to qualify thereby bringing about even less applications and faster processing.