09.02.2011, In Process 11.08.2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
03.07.2012, additional meds 15.08.2012, Meds on Ecas 25.08.2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Soon by Allah's will :)
indira_prab said:
Isn't there another one person whose application was received by this person 'M.KRSWDA' ?? :eek: :eek:. I'm not able to locate this name in the forum itself ??? ??? ???. I hope it doesn't matter as long as it is delivered into the same address that i sent 8) 8)

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.
My application was received by 'M.KRSWDA' on the 12th of October :)

basmalahh

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Recieved by M.KRSWZDA on 12-10-2010, Payment BD
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Hi :)

A consultant/repersentative:
Advantages: he is supposed to be more knowledgeable in filling the forms and in making sure ALL documents are well organized and complete. He is also supposed to be well updated (because it is his job).

Disadvantages: many nowadays only care about money, they're way expensive and worst of all, they might be ignorant of the process and its requirements. I have a dear friend of mine who was in the old processing, waited for 4 years or so, and finally lost it only because her representative told her a wrong requirement for the IELTS.

Finally, it's not that hard filling the applications and all, especially with forums and people like in here (may Allah swt bless them all) and if you have any question, we would be more than willing to help. I know many people who applied without a representative and they're already in Canada now.

One more thing, if -according to what I understood- he told you that having a one year experience in the mentioned category would give you the full score of the work experience, well, that would not be true.
You need a year experience in the listed jobs only to qualify, then anymore years in any job would add to your job experience, then add to your marks..

Hope I have been of help
Good luck

humsafar said:
Hi guys,

Just want to have you opinions on below :-

- What are advantages of hiring Consultants / representatives
- Today I met with a consultant he told me that you will get full points of experience as far as you have atleast one year experience in short-listed categories and more than 4 years in any other occupation, I had argument with him on this, and his opinion was that law says it the person has to have on year experience in shortlisted categories, it doesn't say that you have to have four year experience in the same category to score full 21 points.

have you opinion guys as I want to clear this confusion, which I am sure is somewhere deep in many minds here.

carl128

Jul 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2010 and received 08-09-2010; PER received 08-03-2011
AOR Received.
March 31, 2011
IELTS Request
Feb 25, 2011
File Transfer...
RBVO-April1, 2011
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
May 31, 2011
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully in 2011
indira_prab said:
Well, yes, there is no other go but to keep my fingers crossed.. I pray at least we give a decent fight before we give up, in a worst situation where the application finds it's way back or doesn't cross the river successfully.

Many more sleepless nights to come..

PS: This is not to intervene about all your optimism 8), but do you guys have some other ideas in mind to try to get to the Never Land :-*, in case this one is not successful?

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.
marrying a canadian will be a good option, but Ive noticed in their CIC website that they are also clamping down on the foreign marriages.

basmalahh

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Recieved by M.KRSWZDA on 12-10-2010, Payment BD
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
This is great news Canady,

As I look at the preJune 26th and May applicants AORs it seems to me that they have done the eligibility tests then started to send AORs altogether :)

canady said:
Guys,

I just called +16139444000 & here is what happened:

I waited about 20 minutes till an agent answered me.
I asked about my Client ID No & my application status, she asked me about (First name, Last Name, Date of Birth & What is my program i.e FSW), she checked my status on their system then she replied me that i am not added in their system yet (i.e no Client ID No and no status). I asked her how come since i passed the completeness check & i got encashed??!! , she replied that the applicant is only added in their system & got an ID No whenever the eligibility test is done. They are now doing the eligibility test to the application received on 30-Aug.
For the above we can conclude that they were checking 26-Aug applications yesterday & today they reached the 30-Aug applications (28 & 29-Aug were their weekend) so they checked 27-Aug & 30-Aug today.
Unfortunately i couldn't ask her if we catched up the cap by the encashing or we must pass the eligibility test so as to be added to their system & catch the cap, i'll call again at the end of the next week to check my status & ask that question.

carl128

Jul 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2010 and received 08-09-2010; PER received 08-03-2011
AOR Received.
March 31, 2011
IELTS Request
Feb 25, 2011
File Transfer...
RBVO-April1, 2011
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
May 31, 2011
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully in 2011
indira_prab said:
Well, yes, there is no other go but to keep my fingers crossed.. I pray at least we give a decent fight before we give up, in a worst situation where the application finds it's way back or doesn't cross the river successfully.

Many more sleepless nights to come..

PS: This is not to intervene about all your optimism 8), but do you guys have some other ideas in mind to try to get to the Never Land :-*, in case this one is not successful?

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.
I know somebody who applied under the Humanitatian and compassionate grounds, but that was long long time ago. I just found that this year.

dgm

Star Member
Sep 2, 2010
manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
received by GLEN Sept.8 2010; PCC not included; BD encashed Sept.15, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec.29, 2010
IELTS Request
sent with docs
Med's Request
Feb 2011
Med's Done....
April 2011
LANDED..........
Sept 13, 2011
just wondering, why is it that those who have submitted apps via london VO had received their AORs in a month's time? have read this on other threads.

anil04_10

Champion Member
Aug 20, 2010
Brampton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2015 Local Office....: Mississauga
AOR Received.
03-30-2015 In Process......: 06-15-2015 Test.......: 11-26-2015 Oath........: Waiting
carl128 said:
marrying a canadian will be a good option, but Ive noticed in their CIC website that they are also clamping down on the foreign marriages.
Somebody asked for Immigration jokes ........ for applicants like indira & myself, who are already married...... IT IS !!! ;D ;D

Cheers, Anil

anil04_10

Champion Member
Aug 20, 2010
Brampton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
03-30-2015 In Process......: 06-15-2015 Test.......: 11-26-2015 Oath........: Waiting
basmalahh said:
.................... One more thing, if -according to what I understood- he told you that having a one year experience in the mentioned category would give you the full score of the work experience, well, that would not be true.
You need a year experience in the listed jobs only to qualify, then anymore years in any job would add to your job experience, then add to your marks..
Hope I have been of help
Good luck
Dear good friends

I seriously never gave a thought on this!! Got the point - that one should have at least 1 year of experience (NOC 29 list) to get qualified ..... & will get minimum points (15) for that..... And to get more points one can show experience under ANY NOC (skill level 0 or Level A/B) with in the last 9 / 10 years. :eek: :eek: This is new to me...

I thought that to get more points, one has to show the experience under these 29 NOC list ONLY ...... And I feel, it makes sense also ...... you have more experience, score more points (provided that comes under present NOC list) .....OTHERWISE ....most of the jobs (& experience accordingly) will be covered under Skill type 0 or Level A/B, and thus everybody will have max points (21)......

Cheers, Anil

Dr.Alex

Star Member
Aug 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2010
AOR Received.
24-11-2010 & 2nd AOR 21-02-2011
YesBoss said:
HI friends,
I joined this forum today. I applied under 1122 . my docs recieved by CIO on Sept14 & My credit card got charged on Sept27. well my friends, if someone know, pl update me that how long it will take for the file no. or anyone knows anything about that
u r added dear....please update us with ur VO & if u sent ur PCC....we still waiting for AORs & we wish it'll be soon...regards.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
nursemich said:
Hi guys just a reminder:

Every call entertained by them will cause additional delay. For post June 26 applicants, lets just wait patiently for our AOR.

this is an excerpt from the info guide http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG77.asp

"refrain from making unnecessary inquiries to the Canadian Visa Office regarding the status of your application"
Well they could save themselves a lot of additional delay by providing more information on their website. Someone spending 5 minutes per week updating their site saying along the lines of "for post-June-26 applications we're currently doing eligiblity reviews up until 30th August. but we've decided to send out all AORs at the same time after we hit the 20,000 cap so please be patient".

That took me 10 seconds to type. Surely they get more than 10 seconds' worth of calls per week owing to the lack of information on their site?

Wayne.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
basmalahh said:

A consultant/repersentative:
Advantages: he is supposed to be more knowledgeable in filling the forms and in making sure ALL documents are well organized and complete. He is also supposed to be well updated (because it is his job).

Disadvantages: many nowadays only care about money, they're way expensive and worst of all, they might be ignorant of the process and its requirements. I have a dear friend of mine who was in the old processing, waited for 4 years or so, and finally lost it only because her representative told her a wrong requirement for the IELTS.

Finally, it's not that hard filling the applications and all, especially with forums and people like in here (may Allah swt bless them all) and if you have any question, we would be more than willing to help. I know many people who applied without a representative and they're already in Canada now.

One more thing, if -according to what I understood- he told you that having a one year experience in the mentioned category would give you the full score of the work experience, well, that would not be true.

Hope I have been of help
Good luck
My experience of immigration lawyers and consultants is that they either deliberately mislead you, or they don't know what they are talking about. I've been told, and have heard of other people told, all kinds of things by these lawyers which are just plain wrong:

- Someone on my British expats was advised by a lawyer to apply under FSW1 even though their experience in the NOC was over 10 years previous because each case is taken on its merits. They were rejected before BD was even cashed

- A lawyer (from Goldman Associates) at an Expo last week told us that the FSW1 is a giant lottery, and that 90% of applications will fail. He based this on 200,000 FSW1 being granted last year and a 20,000 cap. Now firstly that's 200,000 immigrants, not principal applications, so we can expect more like 70,000 : 200,000 ratio compared with last year. Secondly, they will stop taking in applications when the first 20,000 eligible applications are sent for processing. The way he said it he implied they'll wait for all 200,000 then pick 20,000 from those. VERY misleading. This is a race, not a lottery! Was he stupid or just wanting everyone to go FSW2 route so he could get fees from employers via his employment agency in addition to the extortionate fee he charges for getting people PR? The same guy when I asked hiim at which point an application would be counted towards the cap, didn't have a clue. It was only when I mentioned to HIM was it after the completeness check or eligibility review did he say eligibility review, he hadn't seemed to have heard of either term!

- Willis Brazolot at the same Expo told us that London office as of 2 weeks ago had not received any post-June-26 applications (which may or may not be true), but he said the delay was due to the new rules and people having to spend several months getting IELTS and other documents together. This is garbage, some people were able to get full post-June-26 applications in only a few days into June, so the delay is at CIC. For sure there were LESS applications in June and August than usual, but still plenty for CIC to assess and send to London had it not been for their delays.

- Someone on this forum had an immigration lawyer advise them to submit an application with only 63 points. Even 66 points is doubtful nowadays, so IMO very irresponsible from the lawyer.

- Someone on this forum had their application returned because their lawyer didn't fill in their duties on the correct form.

And that's just a handful of mistruths and incompetencies I can think of off the top of my head, I am sure there are many many more. And I genuinely believe that having a consultant/lawyer adds further delay. CIC and CHC won't process anything a milliesecond quicker if you have a consultant, but you do get the extra delay between the consultant receiving correspondence from CIC/CHC and them contacting you. If it is a good consultant the delay will be small, a poor consultant the delay will be large, but there will always be a delay.

Willis Brazolot quoted us £6000 (around CAD 10,000) to get us a visa through FSW2 route when we asked 1.5 years ago when our skills weren't on the 29 occupation list. If they completely failed, they still asked for 15% of this (around £1000!).

So guys, my advice is DO NOT hire a consultant or lawyer unless your case is particularly complex. There is virtually no information you cannot find out from forums such as this and CIC's own web site. And any information that you can't find out is probably because NOBODY knows yet (including the lawyers). The difference being most people on here will say "we cannot tell that yet" whereas a consultant or lawyer will likely fob you off with a mistruth rather than admitting their ignorance of the matter.

/Rant over! :)

Wayne.

anil04_10

Champion Member
Aug 20, 2010
Brampton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Cappuccino said:
My experience of immigration lawyers and consultants is that they either deliberately mislead you, or they don't know ..............
whereas a consultant or lawyer will likely fob you off with a mistruth rather than admitting their ignorance of the matter.
/Rant over! :)
Wayne.
Well said Wayne...So true .... & not a rant ;D ;D ;D

Cheers, Anil

pun123

Mar 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A consultant is one who uses your watch to tell you time and charges you, sometime you even loose the watch to pay the fee, to know the time which was known to you.

So if you can read 3 guides (application form , OP6 and this thread), you can do it yourself

aaycee

Dec 27, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2010
Doc's Request.
Document Submitted: 17-03-11
AOR Received.
2nd AOR: 18-2-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
25-02-11
Med's Done....
9-03-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-02-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-7-11
LANDED..........
4th October 2011 Winnipeg :)
anil04_10 said:
Dear good friends

I seriously never gave a thought on this!! Got the point - that one should have at least 1 year of experience (NOC 29 list) to get qualified ..... & will get minimum points (15) for that..... And to get more points one can show experience under ANY NOC (skill level 0 or Level A/B) with in the last 9 / 10 years. :eek: :eek: This is new to me...

I thought that to get more points, one has to show the experience under these 29 NOC list ONLY ...... And I feel, it makes sense also ...... you have more experience, score more points (provided that comes under present NOC list) .....OTHERWISE ....most of the jobs (& experience accordingly) will be covered under Skill type 0 or Level A/B, and thus everybody will have max points (21)......

Yes anil, I know there r few exceptional cases in this forum where unfortunately, cic didn't agree to this point!
but its like that only..
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp
also see page no.11 in EG7 guide..
Hope this will clear..

Cheers, Anil

canady

Sep 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 02-09-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with App.
AOR Received.
21-12-2010 [img]http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc386/hazooma/Maple.gif[/img]
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
Cappuccino said:
My experience of immigration lawyers and consultants is that they either deliberately mislead you, or they don't know what they are talking about.

You are absolutely right, wayne.

The consultant i hired assured me that the initial application incudes no IELTS and no documents at all except a photocopy of the passport and the fees.(although this was after the rules were changed).
He also claimed that they have offices in DUBA, BAHRAIN, ABO-DABI and their main office in canada is managed by a canadian lawyers.
In fact, unfortunately after i paid 1000$, I searched through their website and got the contact numbers of these offices. I contacted them and they said that this person is not working with us any longer.
What made me suspect that every thing he said was only related to the old rules.And i discovered that the application we filled with him was in old eddition (2008).

I was lucky to know this from the begining otherwise i would have very dark days with him