Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
File Transfer...
April 2016
Cappuccino said:
This means Buffalo are performing background checks. They will do random spotchecks for employer verification so just because they are phoning your employer it doesn't mean there is any cause for concern.

How long did they speak to you for? Do you know how long they spoke to your boss for?

Anyway, good news that Buffalo is doing something!

Wayne.
They asked questions about the name of my high school, my previous employers and my parents date of birth!!!!!!!!!! That's so funny cos It is not easy to remember all your family members date of birth, is it?

They talked to me for about 10 minutes I think and I asked when I can receive my medical, first he hesitated to answer and then he said in a month if everything goes well. That's awesome, isn't it?

then immediately they called my boss and asked about my job details. It is not logical cos I am FSW2 and it is not important what is my duty and NOC. why they are asking about my duties?
My NOC is not in the list, do you think they reject me because of that?

katyspring

Nov 17, 2010
Tehran,Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Transferred to Warsaw on 30/03/2011
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/12/2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application/PCC included
AOR Received.
09/03/2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
30/03/2011
Med's Request
29/09/2011
Med's Done....
06/10/2011
Passport Req..
16/12/2011
VISA ISSUED...
23/01/2012
mari1981 said:
They asked questions about the name of my high school, my previous employers and my parents date of birth!!!!!!!!!! That's so funny cos It is not easy to remember all your family members date of birth, is it?

They talked to me for about 10 minutes I think and I asked when I can receive my medical, first he hesitated to answer and then he said in a month if everything goes well. That's awesome, isn't it?

then immediately they called my boss and asked about my job details. It is not logical cos I am FSW2 and it is not important what is my duty and NOC. why they are asking about my duties?
My NOC is not in the list, do you think they reject me because of that?
Hey Mari,
I'm sooo happy to hear your great news. Hope everything further will go smoothly and you will soon get whatever you wish for! :D

Louise-01

May 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi mari1981,

I think the reason why they are asking those questions about your jobduties is because they want to verify that the skills mentioned in your FWS2 application match the current jobduties you have.
Did you apply with LMO/AEO?
Then they are just checking if the LMO/AEO is genuine....

Kind regards,
Louise!

wenstumped

Jul 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cappuccino said:
*** BREAKING NEWS *** about ECAS!

A friend just mailed me saying he'd read a story that Jill O'Peorafosk, one of the junior ministers at CIC, was talking to the press about the new ECAS interface to GCMS, which should be in place during the next 2 months. This replaces the current interface which formerly served CAIPS and is being used as a temporary interface to GCMS.

Apparently once it's fully in place - will be able to being able to give a lot more information about the progress of our application, including:

- Comments made by visa officers (automated anti-profanity filters will filter out any nasty remarks, so we won't get to see those)

- A projected visa approval date, so after you've been entered onto the system you can see the date you expect to get approved, if you make it that far

- The next brought forward date for your address disappearing from ECAS

- RNG number - this is your own unique Random Number Generator multipler assign to you when you file is first created. This is responsible for calculating the next BF'd (brought forward date) of your application phases - i.e. how long your application has to wait between one phase and another. Each phase of the process is multiplied by your RNG number to get the next brought forward date for your application. Hitherto this number has not been visible to applicants, hence why the delays of one application compared to another have gone unexplained until now.

The new system will also provide access to CIC's list of standard replies, so rather than waiting for them to follow up a query with one of their standard replies, you can simply choose your own from the list.

The end result will be just as useless to the applicant, but the timed saved by immigration officers in not having to hit "autoreply" to the tens of thousands of "What's going on with my application?" type queries they get, will free up a lot of man-hours which they can use to help tackle the backlog.

A second release of the interface, expected around October 2011, will feature an instant messenging system where applicants can chat with fellow applicants who are on their "favourites" list as well as posting messages to immigration officers.

Jill O'Peorafosk stated the first release of the system would be in place within 2 months, although refused to comment as to whether this was to curry favour with the voters ahead of the forthcoming parliamentary elections in May.
pfft!!! Well Wayne; You got me!!! I was sitting at the edge of my seat reading the whole thing and thinking to myself "wow! This looks awesome, I don't mind waiting a little longer for London VO to contact me if a system like this is going to be installed soon". Oh well, joke's on me this time, happy April Fool's everybody!!! I have to admit, I was a little surprised by the ' automated profanity' bit though.

P.s: And seriously.... I'm still RBVO and haven't heard a peep out of London so far, I really hope it changes this month!!!

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
wenstumped said:
pfft!!! Well Wayne; You got me!!! I was sitting at the edge of my seat reading the whole thing and thinking to myself "wow! This looks awesome, I don't mind waiting a little longer for London VO to contact me if a system like this is going to be installed soon". Oh well, joke's on me this time, happy April Fool's everybody!!! I have to admit, I was a little surprised by the ' automated profanity' bit though.

P.s: And seriously.... I'm still RBVO and haven't heard a peep out of London so far, I really hope it changes this month!!!
Hi - well I had hoped the "Random Number Generator" and "select your own standard reply" nonsense was sufficiently crazy for everyone to get that it was a joke! ;) Didn't want people to think it was actually serious. We get enough of that crap from Nectar ;)

I guess making an "April fool's joke" anagram out of the junior immigration minister's name was perhaps a little too subtle though! ;p

Wayne.

C

Cam1234

mari1981 said:
I don't know what to say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Today I received a call from Buffalo visa office at 8 am , An officer was asking many questions about my background and after that they called my employer to verify my job title. what does it mean?
Does this mean Buffalo is moving sooooooooooooo fast. I have not received even my 2nd file number and my status is RBVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am shocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi Mari:

This is great news, if you are certain the call was from Buffalo and not CIO, then Buffalo is awake!! Congratulations!! :) You brought a ray of hope to all of us Buffaloians ;D CanadaJimi since you are also an FSW2, better be ready for your call!

Thanks Mari,
Cam

majorhell

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 Sep 2010 <br>PER Recieved..: 29 Jan 2011
AOR Received.
02 Mar 2011 <br>Interview........: 12 May 2011
Med's Request
13 May 2011<br>Passport Req..: 13 May 2011
Med's Done....
23 May 2011<br>E-Cas............: Decision Made
VISA ISSUED...
15 Jun 2011
LANDED..........
Very Soon!
kpkinnera said:
24 days over afetr 2nd AOR no news from VO losing patience and tensioned. :eek: :mad: :( :'( :'( :'(
Don't be tensed dude.. My AOR is dated 2nd March and its almost a month now.. my status is still RBVO and no sign of medicals.. What i think is that they are just slowed down.. or are verifying my travel history as i have traveled alot in recent years.

wenstumped

Jul 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cappuccino said:
Hi - well I had hoped the "Random Number Generator" and "select your own standard reply" nonsense was sufficiently crazy for everyone to get that it was a joke! ;) Didn't want people to think it was actually serious. We get enough of that crap from Nectar ;)

I guess making an "April fool's joke" anagram out of the junior immigration minister's name was perhaps a little too subtle though! ;p

Wayne.
Trust me Wayne; I'm so eager to hear of anything at all from the London VO right now, that if you were to tell me that they were drawing lots to see who is getting the first PR visa I'd probably believe you!!! :p :p :p

C

Cam1234

wenstumped said:

He got me too. I actually answered to his post and had to delete it ;D ... Wayne!

mari1981

Dec 9, 2010
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
File Transfer...
April 2016
Cam1234 said:
Hi Mari:

This is great news, if you are certain the call was from Buffalo and not CIO, then Buffalo is awake!! Congratulations!! :) You brought a ray of hope to all of us Buffaloians ;D CanadaJimi since you are also an FSW2, better be ready for your call!

Thanks Mari,
Cam

Cam, Canadajimmy and all the Buffalo applicants try to memorize all the small small details you have mentioned in your files, they asked about even the exact address of my previous employer and even how he looks like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It seems they have sent someone to visit my ex-boss to prepare a report of his appearance and compare it to what I say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you believe that they even asked about my parents marriage date?!?!?!?!

C

Cam1234

mari1981 said:
Cam, Canadajimmy and all the Buffalo applicants try to memorize all the small small details you have mentioned in your files, they asked about even the exact address of my previous employer and even how he looks like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It seems they have sent someone to visit my ex-boss to prepare a report of his appearance and compare it to what I say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My God! This is not immigration, it's a James Bond Movie! :)
Thanks a bunch Mari, I will go over my file with a fine tooth-comb...
You got me so nervous, I had to ask my wife when my parents were born, lol

Best,
Cam

thebeast184

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App
AOR Received.
FEB 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted w App
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2012
LANDED..........
JAN 2013
:eek: WOW :eek: That seems pretty intensive...

May I ask what sorts of employment proofs you included with your application? It seems they had tons of doubts about everything.... What is it with asking about dates? I barely remember my own birthday... Well I guess I have to practice... ;D

Rod

mari1981 said:

mari1981

Dec 9, 2010
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
File Transfer...
April 2016
Cam1234 said:
My God! This is not immigration, it's a James Bond Movie! :)
Thanks a bunch Mari, I will go over my file with a fine tooth-comb...
You got me so nervous, I had to ask my wife when my parents were born, lol

Best,
Cam

Yes Cam, I was so lucky that they called me when I was in office and also I always save a scanned copy of my files on my desktop, so I just opened it and read from the file ;D

but about how my ex-boss looks like wooooow It was too much to ask, Now I remember he even asked about my hobbies and the emotional relationship between me and my husband, whether we have any problem or not!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

They may call you today, so be prepared ;D