Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th Oct 2010 BD Encashed...: 25th Oct 2010 PER Received..: 10th Feb 2011
File Transfer...
3rd March 2011 AOR Received.: 11th March 2011
Med's Request
31st March 2011 PCC Request..: 31st March 2011 RPRF Request: 31st March 2011
Passport Req..
31st March 2011 Med's Done....: 6th April 2011 Passports sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF/PCC sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF En-Cashed :17th May 2011
VISA ISSUED...
27th May 2011
LANDED..........
10th Sep 2011
I came across this post in another forum and thought it would help some of you to kill the wait time ;)

A. Who should immigrate to Canada?

We keep reading the very same questions repeatedly in regards to job opportunities in Canada.
The dichotomy of the situation is that some highly qualified/experienced individuals are immigrating and crying here while poor to mediocre individuals are going great guns here.
Hence persons with the right attitude and a desire for making it at any cost are required in Canada and NOT the book smart people.

It is all about attitude in Canada.

The words attitude denote that we will do what is necessary to succeed here than what we want to do with our past experience.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B. What are the yard sticks for success after you leave your shores and land in Canada?

1. A fully paid up 4 bedroom home with a two car garage and a swimming pool. The value of the asset around $ 1 Million.

2. Either a BMW X5 or a Cadillac Escalade or even a Mercedes SUV and combinations of those cars.

3. Option for a vacation anywhere in the world for 2 weeks every summer.

4. Children doing very well in school and getting 90% and above with a sure shot for the bursary and getting into top programs in good schools include medical education.

5. A condo on the 20th floor in downtown GTA rented and having the option to give it your child when they are ready for the first job.

6. A vacation cottage home at the Muskoka lake with a fancy boat on the jetty.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C. Having listed a wish list or a symbol of success yard stick in Canada do we know any Desis who has attained these?

Yes and there are plenty of them in Canada. I see every day Punjabi taxi drivers who cannot read or write English and who speak a smattering of English living in half million dollar home with their family driving Acura SUV's.

You see the refugee Srilankan Tamil living in fancy homes and every one of his family has a car. Many of them cannot sign their own names in English but have mortgages which far outweigh those of many of us.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

D. Who are they and what is it that they do?

Typically these are individuals who have less education, who have picked skill sets and are not afraid to get their hands a little dirty.

They also have an attitude to face any consequence to attain success. Meaning they will even break the law and are willing to go to jail if needed so.

The highly qualified book smart individual always calculates the risk before jumping in while the less qualified street smart individual looks at the reward before jumping into the pool of wealth.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

E. How do you plan for success in Canada?

1. Do not come with the US cross border migration plan after Citizenship. US is such a mess it will take generations to get out of the mess.

Life is more stable and chances of survival are better in Canada in comparison to USA.

2. Land in Canada and leave your degrees/experience certificates aside and start from scratch with a Will Win attitude.

3. Get a Safety Shoes from Wal-mart. You might be the best damn SAP expert with donkeys’ years of experience in it but the way things are going you'll never know when you will go looking for a warehouse job.

4. Always plan for 2 part time jobs than a full time job.

5. It is better to get into a unionized job with seniority than to break your head over an office job. The so called desk job/office jobs are the real stinkers unlike India where you'll have no job security but will be made to slog at a wage which on averaging for hours will be equal to or less than minimum wage. There will be no option for overtime pay on office jobs unlike the manufacturing/warehouse jobs.

For Example: FEDEX pays $13.50 per hour to start with and you can always move into higher professional levels from the entry point. UPS pays their drivers $25 per hour and there are many who make around $100,000 PA and have their vacations, pension and full health benefits and they are protected by the union. Canada Post pays initially the minimum wage and if you are able to enter full time you end up at $22 per hour.

6. Try to incorporate a small business on the side. Set aside a small amount may be 1000 bucks to start with and try to tinker in a small business on the side. You may succeed or you may fail but you have made a start. The up side on this is that you can write off your expenses from this side show.

7. Always have a plan for a future small business and try to work in it even if it involves low pay.

If you plan to start a restaurant down the road and you are a TECHIE, do not write in this website about starting a restaurant. Get a job in an Indian place or even a Subway or Timmy’s and see for yourself how it works and then decide to get into a similar business.

The message here is that you cannot learn swimming by reading a book; you need to jump into the water.

8. Always keep building your credit, checking your credit score and use all methods to get a HIGH LINE OF CREDIT.

You need to get credit cards to reach there, but once you get the 100K combined line of credit for your family you can cut your credit cards off.

9. Constantly keep evaluating your financial, social situation and also keep track of YOUR progress than your neighbor’s progress.

Many a time we lose track of our own success from where we were 3 years ago by comparing ourselves to our friends or neighbors.

Yes your friend TECHIE came to Canada with his IT experience and got a job in RIM and is making 80K. Yes he bought a nice semi-detached home from the 100K he saved from his US stint.

You came from India and did all odd jobs and you are driving your Toyota Corolla and have your condo or town house. Do not be dissuaded by comparing yourself with him. If he loses his IT job where will he go? Can he/is he prepared to wear the safety shoe and work in a warehouse, while you can do it at a drop of a hat.

10. Have positive attitude and be willing to take risks. If you do so, there is more wealth in Canada to be attained than anywhere in the World.

Like the Great American Poet called Curtis Jackson aka 50 Cents said - "Get Rich - Die Trying"

Do Not Give UP!

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.

anil04_10

Champion Member
Aug 20, 2010
Brampton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2015 Local Office....: Mississauga
AOR Received.
03-30-2015 In Process......: 06-15-2015 Test.......: 11-26-2015 Oath........: Waiting
indira_prab said:
I came across this post in another forum and ..............
Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.
Hey Indira

LOL ...... Loved every bit of it........ It made me think....So Right...

Cheers, Anil

indira_prab

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2010
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2151 - Architects
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Passport Req..
31st March 2011 Med's Done....: 6th April 2011 Passports sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF/PCC sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF En-Cashed :17th May 2011
VISA ISSUED...
27th May 2011
LANDED..........
10th Sep 2011
anil04_10 said:
Hey Indira
LOL ...... Loved every bit of it........ It made me think....So Right...
Cheers, Anil
Thanks :) I was thinking, it's going to be so much easier than we guess:). The bigger our group, the better we will be at settlement ;). Of all the famous failures we've seen, one thing proves.. 'NO PREPARATION' and 'POOR ATTITUDE'.

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.

Grasshopper

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Woohaaa !!!! :D :D

Finally, I have a good news to share with you all.

Today, I received my Medical Request, Right of permanent fee & Passport request.

The letter is dated 3rd March 2011. I still havn't got my second AOR. But I don't care for it now :)

- Grasshopper

Raj04

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-10, CC charged on 20-10-10
Doc's Request.
Sent with the Application...
AOR Received.
PER: 09-02-11 , 2nd AOR: 08-03-11
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
03-03-11 to visa office
Med's Request
21-03-11
Med's Done....
26-03-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-03-11, Passport Sent : 22-04-11 RPRF encash date: 04-05-11 E-Cas Status: Your application was reviewed and we started processing on March 17, 2011. Medical results have been received - " Decision Made"
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-11
LANDED..........
August'11
Great news!! Congratulations... :) :)

Cheers!Raj.

Grasshopper said:

Today, I received my Medical Request, Right of permanent fee & Passport request.

The letter is dated 3rd March 2011. I still havn't got my second AOR. But I don't care for it now :)

- Grasshopper

indira_prab

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2010
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2151 - Architects
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
27th May 2011
LANDED..........
10th Sep 2011
Grasshopper said:

- Grasshopper
Congrats :) I was just going through your time-lines ;)

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.

staralihaider

VIP Member
Jun 19, 2010
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Today i got reply from CHC london

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your enquiry.

CIC is working closely to manage arrivals in Canada, so that we meet, but do not exceed the immigration plan set by Parliament last fall for 2011. Since we have larger inventories of applications than limits within the immigration plan for admissions to Canada, we must process applications according to the priorities set by Parliament. As we have a sufficient number of applications in our high priority categories, we are not in a position to process your application at this time, nor can we predict when processing on your application will resume.

Yours sincerely,

Client Service Unit (LIB)

Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l'immigration et des services médicaux

Canadian High Commission | Haut-commissariat du Canada

38 Grosvenor Street

London, W1K 4AA | Londres, W1K 4AA

United Kingdom | Royaume-Un

Government of Canada

In the email i asked about my status

Dear Sir/Madam

This is my first email to you to ask about my current status. I have submitted my complete documents on 4th May 2010. and got 2nd acknowledgement of receipt on 15th Aug 2010.

Till now almost 10 months have passed and I didn't hear anything from your office.

Now my status has been changed in process from 1st Feb 2011 but the processing date is not mentioned there.

The details are given below:

We received your application for permanent residence on January , 2010.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on March , 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the London England office on March , 2010. The London England office may contact you.

We transferred your application to the London England office on July , 2010. The London England office may contact you.

Kindly inform me that how much time is required on my case.

Thanking you

Grasshopper

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
indira_prab said:
Congrats :) I was just going through your time-lines ;)

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.
Thanks Indira,

23rd Nov (PER Date) - 7th March (MR date).. That was a long wait :)

sukhi

Dec 11, 2010
just recived my medical request.

but the issue is that they have only send the medical of myself & my spouse only and they havent send the medical request for my daughter.
i have informed them via e mail about her birth as she was born after i summited my application and this friday i send the complete set of documents
with fees of my daughter to new delhi visa office.

what to do now?

suggestions needed
reply asap

victor.shareen

Dec 7, 2010
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
1st PER - 25.01.2011 & 2nd AOR - 21.02.2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application (Band - 8.5)
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03.03.2011 PPR/RPRF/PCC Sent : 21.03.2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Grasshopper said:
Thanks Indira,

Congrats grasshopper :)

Shareen

Raj04

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-10, CC charged on 20-10-10
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
PER: 09-02-11 , 2nd AOR: 08-03-11
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
03-03-11 to visa office
Med's Request
21-03-11
Med's Done....
26-03-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-03-11, Passport Sent : 22-04-11 RPRF encash date: 04-05-11 E-Cas Status: Your application was reviewed and we started processing on March 17, 2011. Medical results have been received - " Decision Made"
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-11
LANDED..........
August'11
First of all Congrats Sukhi.. for your medicals :) :) I don't think a new born is required to undergo any medical test.

Cheers!
Raj.

sukhi said:
just recived my medical request.

but the issue is that they have only send the medical of myself & my spouse only and they havent send the medical request for my daughter.
i have informed them via e mail about her birth as she was born after i summited my application and this friday i send the complete set of documents
with fees of my daughter to new delhi visa office.

what to do now?

suggestions needed
reply asap

aaycee

Dec 27, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2010
Doc's Request.
Document Submitted: 17-03-11
AOR Received.
2nd AOR: 18-2-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
25-02-11
Med's Done....
9-03-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-02-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-7-11
LANDED..........
4th October 2011 Winnipeg :)
Grasshopper said:
Thanks Indira,

Congrats grasshopper..!

Happy to see so many blues in ND tracker :)

SatishMan

Star Member
Dec 5, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application ( Notarized Copy ), IELTS & PCC origional
AOR Received.
25-11-10 ( PER ) 2nd AOR 25-02-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
6 June 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
6 June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
27 Sept 2011
Dear Grasshoper,

Congratulation for the gift. Is your status is still Received by VO ? And can u tell us wat is inside the status please.

Thanks

Grasshopper said:

- Grasshopper

CB

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pun123 said:
Delhi DMP (designated medical) does not require the negative of photo, so no worries.

Please do check with your local DMP while making appointments
Hi Pun
Have u found out how to send RPRF fees ..any particular form to b attached or just send band drafts..

CB

spokes

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Already landed!
indira_prab said:
I came across this post in another forum and thought it would help some of you to kill the wait time ;)

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.
Hey Indira,
Great post!
Would have sounded really hilarious if it wasn't so apt!!!
It sure made my afternoon a whole lot interesting!