+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications after 26/6 in any NOC CONNECT HERE TO GET THE STATUS

noolan

Star Member
Apr 1, 2009
The Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia, is currently working on applications received up to June 10, 2010...................

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/02b-skilled-fed.asp

Not long to go .............I suppose in the next week or two, we will get an answer......

indira_prab

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2010
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2151 - Architects
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th Oct 2010 BD Encashed...: 25th Oct 2010 PER Received..: 10th Feb 2011
File Transfer...
3rd March 2011 AOR Received.: 11th March 2011
Med's Request
31st March 2011 PCC Request..: 31st March 2011 RPRF Request: 31st March 2011
Passport Req..
31st March 2011 Med's Done....: 6th April 2011 Passports sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF/PCC sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF En-Cashed :17th May 2011
VISA ISSUED...
27th May 2011
LANDED..........
10th Sep 2011
Wow 8) 8) Great news Noolan, i did check it yesterday and was thinking about when this will change :)

So, do we have an idea of the time-line for the new process? It was actually 1 year of about 90% of the applications after Nov 2008 reported in this forum and elsewhere, with the simplified application process. With the elimination of the simplified application process after June 2010, a straight 120 days time given for further submission of documents (4 months) is eliminated:) That brings our results as close to 8 months :)

Any views guys?

Also i would like to bring up another point, To my understanding, if they start working on applications after June 26, in about a month, say September end, by then, they would have received a considerable number of applications each with a NOC Code on the top of the courier package, by then. Say they have already received about 500 applications(very wild guess;)) for each NOC by then,They will take some time to go through the initial check through the application to determine if it is eligible for processing. So until they clear the backlog, start working on current applications and return the applications referring to the overshoot of the CAP, we will not be able to realize which NOC CAP has reached 1000/20000 for the year.

Is it that they will consider all the applications with an AOR against an eligible NOC, would fit into the 1000/20000 cap? Or would they be gracious enough not to give the applications with an AOR and less than 67 points a place in to the cap?

With the former, we will be able to have an idea of how fast an NOC is filling up, with the number of AORs received and with the latter we would be more happy that atleast 5% of those AORs would not fit into the cap.

Please share your views guys

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.

vncviewer

Sep 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
SIngapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-09
Doc's Request.
25-09-09
Nomination.....
15-12-09
AOR Received.
23-12-09
Dear Brother, I need a help from you. My friend have send all application froms with new rules via DHL from bangladesh. When we try to send it in new address which is mention in new guide po box 7500, sydney,NS,B1P 0A9 fedx told it is not valid address. Then DHL told they can send. Now i checked the status it shows Departed Facility in Halifax - Canada. That means it is in Halifax-Canada. I'm confuse is it correct address or wrong address. Please tell me how the CIC received? How can we confirm it is reached in correct address.

pun123

Mar 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not sure if it would straight away reduce 4 months here. When you say 120 days people have submitted documents in one months also. It all depends on local VO.
Since now we are submitting the documents to CIO , who will send them to local VO again to do the final judgment . VO is always local and do the same check like documents authenticity, criminal record check, medical....looks like the process may not end up before one year. The only time which might have been reduced is the first AOR and asking you to submit the document.

Regarding the NOC counting I am confident that the CIO application receive office might be having some software system to monitor how many application they are receiving in each NOC (now we have NOC mentioned on our application packet itself) . They may not disclose anything till the time they process first 20000 as per CAP rule

Again all above are assumptions

indira_prab said:
Wow 8) 8) Great news Noolan, i did check it yesterday and was thinking about when this will change :)

So, do we have an idea of the time-line for the new process? It was actually 1 year of about 90% of the applications after Nov 2008 reported in this forum and elsewhere, with the simplified application process. With the elimination of the simplified application process after June 2010, a straight 120 days time given for further submission of documents (4 months) is eliminated:) That brings our results as close to 8 months :)

Any views guys?

Also i would like to bring up another point, To my understanding, if they start working on applications after June 26, in about a month, say September end, by then, they would have received a considerable number of applications each with a NOC Code on the top of the courier package, by then. Say they have already received about 500 applications(very wild guess;)) for each NOC by then,They will take some time to go through the initial check through the application to determine if it is eligible for processing. So until they clear the backlog, start working on current applications and return the applications referring to the overshoot of the CAP, we will not be able to realize which NOC CAP has reached 1000/20000 for the year.

Is it that they will consider all the applications with an AOR against an eligible NOC, would fit into the 1000/20000 cap? Or would they be gracious enough not to give the applications with an AOR and less than 67 points a place in to the cap?

With the former, we will be able to have an idea of how fast an NOC is filling up, with the number of AORs received and with the latter we would be more happy that atleast 5% of those AORs would not fit into the cap.

Please share your views guys

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.

ammaartahir

Jun 30, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-12-12
Please someone advice whether to send PCC now with the initial application or not??? I have prepared all other documents, only one PCC remaining and if I wait for it, my application would delay up to a week. Keeping in mind the 1000 cap, should I wait for my PCC or apply without it as per new EG7 (do not send PCC to CIO at this stage!!)
Pls pls someone advice!!!

indira_prab

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2010
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2151 - Architects
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Passport Req..
31st March 2011 Med's Done....: 6th April 2011 Passports sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF/PCC sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF En-Cashed :17th May 2011
VISA ISSUED...
27th May 2011
LANDED..........
10th Sep 2011
Hi People,

I see a lot of inactivity in the forum :( :( I guess people are busy gathering papers :)

Well, to my understanding, i'm posting the actual proposed process of applications for Federal Skilled Workers after June 26 2010.

1. As a rule of thumb, one has to submit ALL the documents specified in the CIO checklist and the Visa Office checklist(these checklists include pretty much everything needed for a PR application to Canada), with the initial application to CIO, NS.

2. One exception to the above may be the PCCs, as they will be asked for later by the corresponding visa office, although it's makes sense to send it together with the initial application(please see my explanation for the same in the same thread below).

3. So, once they receive our courier, they group them according to NOCs(the NOC code is mentioned on the envelope).

4. When our turn comes, they crack open our couriers and do a initial documentation check for completeness and compliance of the application.
# Check if the application forms are all COMPLETELY FILLED, payments are OK, all required documentation are enclosed.
# Next they check if we have a valid 1 year experience in the claimed NOC(a part of the 29 occupations list)

5. If yes, they give an AOR and put the file into processing :), If not they send the application back stating the reason for return.

6. Next they check and award points for the 6 selection factors, including Education, Work Experience, Age, Language proficiency, Adaptability, Arranged Employment. In addition to these 6 factors, they check for the proof of funds as per the guidelines. They also do the background check for the above at this point before awarding points.

7. If the applicant gets 67 points or more, then his/her application will be transferred to the local visa office for final decision.

8. The VO again conducts background checks for their part and may request for an interview if they are not satisfied with the documentation provided.

9. It is believed, as and when they receive the file transfer from CIO, NS, the Visa Office sends a medicals request to the applicants.

10. By the time they receive the medicals results, they would be done with the background checks and this will enable the VO to make a decision :)

11. It is thought that they will also want to have the applicants' passports in their hands before making a final decision.

12. Once approved, they will send the Passports with Visas stamped :)

13. All refused skilled worker applicants, including those refused for non-compliance with processing requirements, will be sent or otherwise provided a formal refusal letter. The letter must:
• inform the applicant of the categories or circumstances under which the application was considered;
• provide a listing of the points awarded in respect of each selection factor;
• fully inform the applicant why the application has been refused.

Well, long story short, the processing times are getting shorter and shorter :)

All the best for all of you guys out here.. Keep helping each other and hopefully see you all in Canada soon 8):)

Quick update from my side: My huby is attempting his IELTS this Saturday ::) ???, hopefully we get good points out of it. A 14 point would be just as great as having our application approved :) ;)

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.

avi_15

Jul 18, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with the App
AOR Received.
16-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2010
Med's Request
25-July-2011 reached 02-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
30-Aug-2011 reached 8-Sep-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-Nov-2011 reached 7-Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-Nov-2011 reached 25-Nov-2011
LANDED..........
03-Feb-2012
Great post indira... and ATB on ur application

one question though...

do they not even open our packets till they are ready to process them??? sure??? (point 4)

indira_prab said:
Hi People,

I see a lot of inactivity in the forum :( :( I guess people are busy gathering papers :)

Well, to my understanding, i'm posting the actual proposed process of applications for Federal Skilled Workers after June 26 2010.

1. As a rule of thumb, one has to submit ALL the documents specified in the CIO checklist and the Visa Office checklist(these checklists include pretty much everything needed for a PR application to Canada), with the initial application to CIO, NS.

2. One exception to the above may be the PCCs, as they will be asked for later by the corresponding visa office, although it's makes sense to send it together with the initial application(please see my explanation for the same in the same thread below).

3. So, once they receive our courier, they group them according to NOCs(the NOC code is mentioned on the envelope).

4. When our turn comes, they crack open our couriers and do a initial documentation check for completeness and compliance of the application.
# Check if the application forms are all COMPLETELY FILLED, payments are OK, all required documentation are enclosed.
# Next they check if we have a valid 1 year experience in the claimed NOC(a part of the 29 occupations list)

5. If yes, they give an AOR and put the file into processing :), If not they send the application back stating the reason for return.

6. Next they check and award points for the 6 selection factors, including Education, Work Experience, Age, Language proficiency, Adaptability, Arranged Employment. In addition to these 6 factors, they check for the proof of funds as per the guidelines. They also do the background check for the above at this point before awarding points.

7. If the applicant gets 67 points or more, then his/her application will be transferred to the local visa office for final decision.

8. The VO again conducts background checks for their part and may request for an interview if they are not satisfied with the documentation provided.

9. It is believed, as and when they receive the file transfer from CIO, NS, the Visa Office sends a medicals request to the applicants.

10. By the time they receive the medicals results, they would be done with the background checks and this will enable the VO to make a decision :)

11. It is thought that they will also want to have the applicants' passports in their hands before making a final decision.

12. Once approved, they will send the Passports with Visas stamped :)

13. All refused skilled worker applicants, including those refused for non-compliance with processing requirements, will be sent or otherwise provided a formal refusal letter. The letter must:
• inform the applicant of the categories or circumstances under which the application was considered;
• provide a listing of the points awarded in respect of each selection factor;
• fully inform the applicant why the application has been refused.

Well, long story short, the processing times are getting shorter and shorter :)

All the best for all of you guys out here.. Keep helping each other and hopefully see you all in Canada soon 8):)

Quick update from my side: My huby is attempting his IELTS this Saturday ::) ???, hopefully we get good points out of it. A 14 point would be just as great as having our application approved :) ;)

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.

mysteryocean

Jun 20, 2010
swift current SK Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
no request!!
Nomination.....
01-08-11
AOR Received.
CIO 16-03-12 NDVO 03-04-12
Med's Request
23 July 2012
Med's Done....
30 July 2012
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
23 July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
31 Jan 2013
LANDED..........
Already in canada
pun123 said:
Nova scotia - Sydney is in Halifax.

Try out at google

Halifax and sydney are 2 different cities. Halifax is the main city of Nova Scotia, while Sydney is 400+ Km north of Halifax. do not make mistake, they both are different cities 400 km apart. check maps.google.com,
i lived in halifax for 5 yrs and visited Sydney dozens time, so i am pretty sure about it.

indira_prab

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2010
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2151 - Architects
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
27th May 2011
LANDED..........
10th Sep 2011
Thanks Avi_15 for your wishes, we require a lot of them :) We are NOT GIVING UP incase they find little faults with our application and send them back! This is only the first attempt to our goal and we are working to succeed in it:). No matter what happens, we always have other ways to migrate into the Never land :) :-X 8)

As far as my research would take me, there is no reason for them to just open and leave the courier aside :). They only open it when they are ready to start processing them. Probably that's the reason why we have nothing but a delivered message from our courier tracking system until our first AOR. They may do it after grouping them as per NOCs and they decide on the number of applications to open and start processing. For example, if they have grouped 100 applications in each of the 29 NOCs, then, they may start to crack open that batch and start the process with initial documentation. Or may be they will decide to work on the dates too.. for example, they can take a full month's applications into consideration like from June 26th to July 26th 2010, all the applications received on that time line will be opened in one batch and put into processing.

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.

ammaartahir

Jun 30, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-12-12
ammaartahir said:
Please someone advice whether to send PCC now with the initial application or not??? I have prepared all other documents, only one PCC remaining and if I wait for it, my application would delay up to a week. Keeping in mind the 1000 cap, should I wait for my PCC or apply without it as per new EG7 (do not send PCC to CIO at this stage!!)
Pls pls someone advice!!!
Pls pls comment!!!

avi_15

Jul 18, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with the App
AOR Received.
16-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2010
Med's Request
25-July-2011 reached 02-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
30-Aug-2011 reached 8-Sep-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-Nov-2011 reached 7-Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-Nov-2011 reached 25-Nov-2011
LANDED..........
03-Feb-2012
ammaartahir said:
Pls pls comment!!!
as per the new guidelines issues in august.. u need not send these with ur initial application to the cio.. again its ur discretion.. if u want to send now and have a new set ready for the VO

ammaartahir

Jun 30, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-12-12
avi_15 said:
as per the new guidelines issues in august.. u need not send these with ur initial application to the cio.. again its ur discretion.. if u want to send now and have a new set ready for the VO
Thanks a bunch avi_15! It does make sense but the rules keep on changing every now and then one never knows what CIC might come up with. Well, as I am very much worried about the 1000 cap thing, I think waiting for the PCC's to arrive could prove detrimental. Thanks for your insight - I'm going to launch the application without the PCC's :)

fma

Mar 28, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Landed on 7th Oct 2010
Dear Tahir

Ya go ahead and need not bother about PCC turn will come when ur application approved by CIC best of luck

Cheers
FMA

fma

Mar 28, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Landed on 7th Oct 2010
Hi Indra

good research and great work keep it up, and best wishes to ur husband for sat IELTs, he will come out with flying colors dont worry.

best wishes and cheers

FMA