+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application: What forms need to be notorized?

Jul 19, 2010
Hello all,

I recently got married to a Chinese citizen and are in the process of completing all the paperwork. On my wife's side, she's hearing that she needs to get all her personal forms (not the application form, but stuff like copies of her birth certificate) notorized. I don't see any of this. Can someone confirm what needs to be notorized? I'd like to get this stuff processed asap as I'm sure you understand. Thanks.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
ChineseDreamer said:
Hello all,

I recently got married to a Chinese citizen and are in the process of completing all the paperwork. On my wife's side, she's hearing that she needs to get all her personal forms (not the application form, but stuff like copies of her birth certificate) notorized. I don't see any of this. Can someone confirm what needs to be notorized? I'd like to get this stuff processed asap as I'm sure you understand. Thanks.
Anything you are translating to english, and that you are not including the original document... you need a notarized/certified true copy of the original document.

Any documents originally in english, don't require a certified copy unless the country specific guide specifically asks for it.

Mrs.Houli

Jul 8, 2014
Hi Everyone, just confused about the translation, certified true copy. What about the Divorce Certificate from Japan.. It must be translated Japanese to English. What else we should do next? About certified copy? I hope somebody can help me.. TIA

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Mrs.Houli said:
Hi Everyone, just confused about the translation, certified true copy. What about the Divorce Certificate from Japan.. It must be translated Japanese to English. What else we should do next? About certified copy? I hope somebody can help me.. TIA
The copy of the certificate must be a certified true copy. Read here under "Translation of Documents" section: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900ETOC.asp

If your translator is also a notary public and qualified to do certified copies then can do everything at once, else will have to get the copy certified true elsewhere.

Romeo231

Nov 12, 2018
What should be done if the document is an electronic document (with no stamp or signature) such as an invoice (for common law proof) and is translated to English? The question is that if the original document itself is a "copy" (electronic) and no "physical" original document exists, how should the translated one get notarised?

Last edited: