+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application under HnC Grounds while on a Visitors' Visa

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yeah, we all should have remained in India. Definitely.
Thank you very much for pointing that out.
I'm only pointing out that if you didn't want your mom to remain alone one sibling could have remained in India. It was very clear that your mother would not be able to move to Canada for 4 years at a minimum and technically there was never a guarantee. When choosing to move there are sacrifices. There are many other immigrants in Canada facing the same issues with much older parent(s). Your mother needs to focus on reestablishing her ties to India so when you are employed and get your NOA she an apply for a supervisa.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Looks like this is the route I will have to take. Just that PGP looks like it will take a while and she is too young to be sitting at home and twiddling thumbs on a super visa. But yeah, that's something we have to deal with.

Yeah, I agree. She was lucky. She was refused initially, but she was granted on the basis that my siblings are undergrads (18, 19) and first time in a new country, so they needed help setting up.

Thank you for your input!
She would be twiddling her thumbs for quite a long time if she takes the H&C path as well. Based on recent processing times here, she would be waiting 14+ months just for first stage approval. She would need to remain in Canada during all of that time and would not be allowed to work during this period (also would not have access to provincial health care coverage).

I would personally go with the super visa once you qualify to allow her to visit for longer periods of time and then apply for the regular PGP PR route once you qualify for that in a few years. For the periods where she wants to work before PR is approved, she would obviously need to return to India.

I honestly think the chances of H&C being refused are very high given her profile. You want to avoid an H&C refusal since this will almost certainly impact her ability to visit Canada in the future. But of course ultimately your choice. Good luck.

Reactions: winchester