+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application to Visa Office

vrakesh

Oct 28, 2009
I am all set to send my application to visa office(buffalo). I just got my IELTS score and band is MODERATE. With Moderate score I will get only 59 points not 67. :eek:
When I applied to CIC sydney, I mentioned "high proficiency in English", but It turned out to be Moderate. My application was accepted in CIC.
So I'm in dilemma now, Shall I go ahead and apply to Visa office? or just start over the entire process again after I get good score in IELTS??. Bcoz, I dont have time to take the test again, My application shud reach to the office by 12th June.

Please advise.

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Probably, you should withdraw application. You will get back money, re-take IELTS and after making 67, re-apply. There is no reason to continue unless you want to give your $$$ to CIC :).

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Withdraw your file immediately to refund your application fees.

Any body help, how to send request for withdraw file, by Ecas/online or postal letters?

carefore

Jan 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB-LDN
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October, 2009
Doc's Request.
December, 2009
AOR Received.
March, 2010
Med's Request
28-Feb-2012
Med's Done....
26-Apr-2012, newborn July-2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1 - 22-10-2012, PPR-2 16-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah soon
Dear Visaexpert,

Need to calculate my points, following are the details:

I am the principle applicant

Two years Bachelor Degree: 20 points
Two Year Diploma: ?
Experience: 21 points (total 9 years in same field as Dy.Manager)
Language: L=6, R=5, W=6.5, Speaking=7 overall 6.5=?
Spouse education: MBBS=?

Thanks

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
carefore said:
Dear Visaexpert,

Need to calculate my points, following are the details:

I am the principle applicant

Two years Bachelor Degree: 20 points
Experience: 21 points (total 9 years in same field as Dy.Manager)
Language: L=6, R=5, W=6.5, Speaking=7 overall 6.5=?
Spouse education: MBBS=?

Thanks
Two years Bachelor Degree: 20 points 20 POINTS
Experience: 21 points (total 9 years in same field as Dy.Manager) 21 POINTS
Language: L=6, R=5, W=6.5, Speaking=7 overall 6.5=? 2+2+4+4=12 POINTS
Spouse education: MBBS=? 4 POINTS

TOTAL 67 POINTS = PASS

carefore

Jan 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB-LDN
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October, 2009
Doc's Request.
December, 2009
AOR Received.
March, 2010
Med's Request
28-Feb-2012
Med's Done....
26-Apr-2012, newborn July-2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1 - 22-10-2012, PPR-2 16-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah soon
thanks for your reply, it's mean in points area i wouldn't have face any trouble by the Grace of GOD.

beeens

May 9, 2010
Visaexpert ..I need ur help...
Can please anybody calculate my points for me I am soooo confuse? Am I eligible for skilled worker or not??? I want to apply under Industrial electrician (code 7242).

12 years of schooling
3yrs diploma in Electrical Engg. from Mehrchand polytechnic Jalandhar (registered)
1 year Masters from UK
3+ years work exp. as Industrial Electrician
Overall 6 bands in IELTS
L-7.0
R-6.5
S-6.0
W-5.0
Wife- Bachelors from School of corespondance (Delhi University)
Wife's uncle in canada
Age -30

I am basically confuse about my education points???
My lawyer told me that I will not be able to get 25 point as I haven't done Bachelors before my masters. He is telling me that I will get only 20 points for my education... i don't understand 20 points WHY? and on WHat basis??? I think it should be 22 points.

beeens

bennyameh

Dec 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vrakesh said:
I am all set to send my application to visa office(buffalo). I just got my IELTS score and band is MODERATE. With Moderate score I will get only 59 points not 67. :eek:
When I applied to CIC sydney, I mentioned "high proficiency in English", but It turned out to be Moderate. My application was accepted in CIC.
So I'm in dilemma now, Shall I go ahead and apply to Visa office? or just start over the entire process again after I get good score in IELTS??. Bcoz, I dont have time to take the test again, My application shud reach to the office by 12th June.

Please advise.
Hi
withdraw the application.
Benny

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beeens said:
Visaexpert ..I need ur help...
Can please anybody calculate my points for me I am soooo confuse? Am I eligible for skilled worker or not??? I want to apply under Industrial electrician (code 7242).

12 years of schooling
3yrs diploma in Electrical Engg. from Mehrchand polytechnic Jalandhar (registered)
1 year Masters from UK
3+ years work exp. as Industrial Electrician
Overall 6 bands in IELTS
L-7.0
R-6.5
S-6.0
W-5.0
Wife- Bachelors from School of corespondance (Delhi University)
Wife's uncle in canada
Age -30

My lawyer told me that I will not be able to get 25 point as I haven't done Bachelors before my masters. He is telling me that I will get only 20 points for my education... i don't understand 20 points WHY? and on WHat basis??? I think it should be 22 points.

beeens

12 years of schooling
1 year Masters from UK 22 POINTS

3+ years work exp. as Industrial Electrician 19 POINTS

Overall 6 bands in IELTS
L-7.0 2 POINTS
R-6.5 4 POINTS
S-6.0 2 POINTS
W-5.0 1 POINT

Wife- Bachelors from School of corespondance (Delhi University) 4 POINTS

Wife's uncle in canada 5 POINTS

Age -30 10 POINTS

TOTAL 69 POINTS = PASS

NOTE:
1. Do not go to any agent, Do file yourself with the help of this forum.

2. You will get 22 Points for Education Factor because you have 12+3 years technical diploma and 15 years of full time education.

3. You can not get 25 points for education because you have Master degree but not 17 years of full time education. You have 16 years of total Education.

4. It is not necessary to take Master degree after Graduate, you can join Master Degree after Technical or Management Experience or after college diploma.

5. You can get 21 points for Work Experience if you have 4 years experience at the time of sending Full Documents. Full document stage comes in the middle of the process.

6. You can take IELTS again to get better result. To get 4 points in each ability, you require 7.5 band in Listening and 6.5 Band in Reading/Writing/Speaking.

7. Education

Level of Education Points

University Degrees

PhD, or Master's, AND at least 17 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study 25 points
Two or more university degrees at the Bachelor's level AND at least 15 years of full-time or full-time equivalent studyars 22 points
A two-year university degree at the Bachelor's level AND at least 14 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study 20 points
A one-year university degree at the Bachelor's level AND at least 13 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study 15 points

Trade or Non-university Certificate or Diploma

A three-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship AND at least 15 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study 22 points
A two-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship AND at least 14 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study 20 points
A one-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship AND at least 13 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study 15 points
A one-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship AND at least 12 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study 12 points
Secondary School Educational Credential 5 points

aaycee

Dec 27, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2010
Doc's Request.
Document Submitted: 17-03-11
AOR Received.
2nd AOR: 18-2-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
25-02-11
Med's Done....
9-03-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-02-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-7-11
LANDED..........
4th October 2011 Winnipeg :)
visaexpert said:
12 years of schooling
1 year Masters from UK 22 POINTS

3+ years work exp. as Industrial Electrician 19 POINTS

Overall 6 bands in IELTS
L-7.0 2 POINTS
R-6.5 4 POINTS
S-6.0 2 POINTS
W-5.0 1 POINT

Wife- Bachelors from School of corespondance (Delhi University) 4 POINTS

Wife's uncle in canada 5 POINTS

Age -30 10 POINTS

TOTAL 69 POINTS = PASS

NOTE:
1. Do not go to any agent, Do file yourself with the help of this forum.

2. You will get 22 Points for Education Factor because you have 12+3 years technical diploma and 15 years of full time education.

3. You can not get 25 points for education because you have Master degree but not 17 years of full time education. You have 16 years of total Education.

4. It is not necessary to take Master degree after Graduate, you can join Master Degree after Technical or Management Experience or after college diploma.

5. You can get 21 points for Work Experience if you have 4 years experience at the time of sending Full Documents. Full document stage comes in the middle of the process.

6. You can take IELTS again to get better result. To get 4 points in each ability, you require 7.5 band in Listening and 6.5 Band in Reading/Writing/Speaking.
visaexpert r u sure that correspondence degree(distant education) carries any points.?!!

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aaycee said:
visaexpert r u sure that correspondence degree(distant education) carries any points.?!!

Yes, If it is from reputed university and fulfill visa office requirement of Education Points Factor.

(Pursuant to R77 A distance learning credential is eligible for points as long as it meets the definition of a credential
as outlined in R73. If the credential is not described in terms of number of years duration (i.e.,
three-year bachelor's degree), officers should apply the definition of full-time equivalent study and
knowledge that the visa office has acquired on local education institutions and credentials.
There is a high incidence of fraud in this area. Verification checks should be conducted with
issuing institutions to ensure that program integrity standards are respected.
Pursuant to R78, officers should assess the application and award the applicant up to a maximum
of 25 points for education.)

aaycee

Dec 27, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2010
Doc's Request.
Document Submitted: 17-03-11
AOR Received.
2nd AOR: 18-2-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
25-02-11
Med's Done....
9-03-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-02-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-7-11
LANDED..........
4th October 2011 Winnipeg :)
visaexpert said:

Yes, If it is from reputed university and fulfill visa office requirement of Education Points Factor.

(Pursuant to R77 A distance learning credential is eligible for points as long as it meets the definition of a credential
as outlined in R73. If the credential is not described in terms of number of years duration (i.e.,
three-year bachelor's degree), officers should apply the definition of full-time equivalent study and
knowledge that the visa office has acquired on local education institutions and credentials.
There is a high incidence of fraud in this area. Verification checks should be conducted with
issuing institutions to ensure that program integrity standards are respected.
Pursuant to R78, officers should assess the application and award the applicant up to a maximum
of 25 points for education.)
What are these R77 R78 R73? I plainly dint get u!

beeens

May 9, 2010
Thanks a lotttt visaexpert... U r a STAR :)

Kindly explain R77, R78, R73???? Plzzzzz

Thanks again..

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aaycee said:
What are these R77 R78 R73? I plainly dint get u!

beeens said:
Kindly explain R77, R78, R73???? Plzzzzz
R77, R78, R73, there are the terms of Visa embassy. These are different definition or rules number used by visa office.

You can find everything about in OP6 file from below link,
www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06-eng.pdf

In short, if education is from reputed government university then you will get the points for Education factor.

namasteindia

Star Member
Apr 9, 2010
india
Category........
Visa Office......
INDIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2010