+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application to extend/restore status tranfered to Local Office

Confusia

Apr 11, 2012
Hi Everyone,

I am confused what to do now aside from waiting. Hope somebody could help me enlighten my situation.

My timeline:

Feb. 3, 2012- Working status expired.
May 3, 2012- End of 90 days to restore the status
April 26, 2012- Application was transmitted to restore my status and extend my stay as visitor
May 22, 2012- Application(inland) for Spousal Family Class was received to Vegreville through Purolator
May 24, 2012- Application to extend as visitor was transferred to local office, in my case Calgary.

Today Aug. 31, 2012, I spoke to the CIC costumer representative and check the status of my application that has been transferred to Calgary, she said there is no update yet from Calgary office and No timeline for it. The CIC web site said it may take 3 months before the local office to contact me.

I don't know what to do now, my husband would like to add me to his health card benefits but i need to have a status. How long would it gonna be more to wait when its more than 3 months now. Also i received a Positive LMO 2 week ago, I believe I can't apply for work permit until they made a decision for the visitor's permit. Does anybody has similar to my situation. Please help.