+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Status

keymsg

Feb 16, 2009
Hi
I had applied for PR in Federal Skilled worker class in Jan 09. Within a month I received a letter from CIC, Nova Scotia recommending that i should apply with the documents to New Delhi.

just a 4 days back, I made my full application. When I checked the status today, it says 'WITHDRAWN'. I am scared.

I would appreciate if anyone can help on this. How do I interpret this?

Thanks.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
Well, mine always said withdrawn until the day my visa office sent me their AOR with a new file number.

I think thats how Sydney works, their system is not fully synchronized so it says withdrawn until you send the documents to your visa office and they update it on the system.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
rupeshhari said:
Well, mine always said withdrawn until the day my visa office sent me their AOR with a new file number.
Please do explain what AOR means. Doesn't Sydney give me the number themselves?

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR means Acknowledgement of Receipt, and is a letter the CIC issues/sends to you after it has received your initial papers and of course cashed your Bankdraft/Money order etc. It shows on the letter your Immigration File No. which usually begins with a BXXXXXXXX and i think about 8-9 Digits and normally tells you the anticipated Time lines to complete your Immigration Process and what you can expect in the future.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Thank you very much, BobbyB. As I can see the application now resembles the old Simplified application, but it's done through Sydney, not local Visa Office

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
Rupesh, did your visa office AOR give you an estimate on processing time? And if did, was it any shorter than the old system?

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
Both Sydney and then later the visa office sent me an AOR.

Mine did not give estimated processing time. It did say that my application will be processed in order of receiving it.

The B number (file number) is different on both AOR.

keymsg

Feb 16, 2009
Hi,

As I have made my complete application to New Delhi Visa Office. So it you could tell me how long it will take to receive AOR letter from new delhi.

My problem is that I will not be available at my permanent address for some office work for 3-4 months. I am worried during the mean time if I miss the communication. Is there any way by which I can come to know that they have sent me letter requesting some documents or medical test etc.

Appreciate your help.

Thank you.

Abhishek12

Feb 23, 2009
Hello Keymsg.

just want to know what NOC code have your applied in your application? i m on same boat..will apply on Apr,2009 from India..

Abhishek

Abhishek12

Feb 23, 2009
thnks for quick reply.
i will use same noc code in my application....Let me know ur gmail id in my pm...we could exchange our ideas.....

Abhishek12

Feb 23, 2009
Hope this news makes difference in processing time @ India

Q8) How will the backlog of “old” applications be drawn down over time?
In addition to the Department's existing resources, the 2008 budget announced $109 million over five years to:
• Hire and train more visa officers to speed up processing in the parts of the world where wait times are the longest. As a start, some missions, such as those in Delhi and Manila, will receive additional resources to help improve wait times.
• Introduce, over time, administrative improvements such as centralized data entry. These improvements will not only ensure that the Minister's instructions are applied consistently and efficiently, but also free up resources overseas currently involved in managing the backlog to allow for the processing of more applications.
We will also be recording occupational information for applications in the current skilled worker backlog. CIC can then refer applications of interest to the provinces and territories for processing under the Provincial Nominee Program. Finally, we will ask those people who have been waiting the longest if they prefer to continue to wait or if they wish to withdraw their applications.
All applications received prior to February 27, 2008, will be processed to a final decision on the merits of the application, according to the rules and regulations in place when they were submitted.

Noshin

Mar 13, 2009
Dear Keymsg,
I am a student, I am in Canda from sep 08. I had management experience before that. I had applied for skillworker in Feb. 11. I post just forms to Sydny CIC office. But till now I didnot receive anything. I am scared. Do you think that it is late? or somthing is wrong ?
Thank you for you help.