25-06-2012
Med's Done....
29-06-2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
18-08-2012
soloman1776 said:
hi ,anyone who got in to summer term here at ottawa ? from pakistan???
please check the list in my signature bar

Sheryar

Mar 5, 2012
Visa Office......
CHC ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-june-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
19- june-2012
Med's Request
13-july-2012
Med's Done....
19-July-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-July-2012
VISA ISSUED...
By the Grace of Allah (24/8/2012)
LANDED..........
6 september 2012
ALI NAJAF said:
INSHALLAH 28 AUG KO :)
itni late kion? I think FIC ka orientation 29 aug say start ho rha hay,

qamalik729

Nov 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Inam89 said:
PIA ka from Islamabad to Toronto: Price 1,04,000/- Direct flight
Always land in Canada at ur destination .............. There are three reason I am saying this .....

1- ur immigration would be done at the first landing airport in Canada ...... Immigration officer could ask you ur going to study in this prov .... why are u landing here ............. You have to show ur next tickets and all that ............some times it takes longer time ........ if they need to verify things .....

2- You have to collect ur baggage at the first landing airport in Canada ( First port of entry ).......... you have to collect baggage ......... go through customs at that airport and ....... recheck in ur baggage ............. now baggage requirements for international flight is different than local travel .......... coz AirCanada has one bag free check in .......... second they charge 50$ ......... so u might end up paying 50 $

3- Air Canada's local travel ticket would almost cost u about 300 to 400$ ........... its v expensive to travel within Canada ...........

qamalik729

Nov 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ALI NAJAF said:
PIA LAHORE TORONTO PKR 103000 HAIN :(
Just saying ......... Don't travel through PIA ...........Worst safety records .......... and airline is going through financial problems ......... in these cases airlines usually puts safety at risk ............. so it better to pay lil more but travel with other airline .......... u dont wanna b in trouble in middle of Air .........

qamalik729

Nov 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ArslanZahid said:
mera sab se bara masla apni exteernal hard drive le k jana hai. I hear it illegal to have illegal softwares movies and games. but I have to take them to CA.
U can take hard disks cds for ur personal use ........... dont no body stops u at all ...............its illegal to bring it to sell ..........

qamalik729

Nov 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ArslanZahid said:
Allah k bharoosay hain :p toronto se waseem bahi k uncle k ghar wahan se regina UoR waly free pick kartey hain regina airport se international students ko and give them temporary residence, but u have to inform them bwell before arrival. phir b kuch na bana to edmonton mailk bahi ki pass :p
you should book temporary residence ............. its free ......... i dont think so they would charge u ............ or u are two three guys ........ then u can book a motel .............. its not gonna cost u much if u split it for a few days ............ and searching from Pakistan and booking it would be easy ........ u will fine cheaper rates ..... plus booking does not cost u anything ............

qamalik729

Nov 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Inam89 said:
UoR picking and accommodation is a helpful step. They might charge you for the accommodation.
Inam ............... Every University in Canada has temporary accommodation for international students ............ You have to check with them ........... they will make arrangements ............

qamalik729

Nov 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ArslanZahid said:
its not that cheap. as per webpage says
Accommodation $7,800/yr.
Meals $6,000/yr ..........means $500/month :eek:
Accommodation : if u live together and share an apartment or something ............ Accommodation would be about 5400/year ........ and that's actual cost they show lil more in case ..........

Meals : I think if u eat outside ..............all the time ............ 500/month is v good estimate .............. but if u bring groceries and cook ur self at home ........ and make a schedule ..... put some effort .............. 200$ groceries for a month is more than enough ...........maxx 250$ ................including ....... meat ..... drinks .........spices etc etc ...... . so it would be about 3000 per year .............so learn cooking guys .......... :p :p

qamalik729

Nov 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hasankhan27 said:
Please advice;

Since it is really difficult for me to get a day-off from my job (as i already had taken a lot of leaves to complete my supporting documents), i sent somebody else to post my visa package to chc from fedex. The problem is that, my academic transcripts were attested and not original, the person who went to submit my package didnt consult me and sent the documents. The fedex guy although strongly recommended to send the original docs.

Now, should i send the original documents myself immidiately or wait for a request from the chc to send it and just wait? please advice......

Secondly, does paying the tution fees even before submittal of visa application speed up the process. Because ive already done so......
Go and check with Fedex .... ur delaying ur process by not sending originals .....email CHC or ..... consult with fedex .......... as u might not be the only one who has done this .............. there would be many before u ........... so they would tell u the right procedure ...... if they have any ........... otherwise momi is right u have to wait for the request .........