+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Rejected - How to ask for relook / reopen

aka024

Jan 22, 2013
Hi Dimma,

The link you provided have the relevant information, as in per diems paid as part of salary needs to considered while making salary calculations.

I provided the following link which also says the same thing. As i have been working under FSW Work Permit my salary has been as per the regulations mentioned in the below link.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/fw/fw01-eng.pdf , Page 66.

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Hi ,

I applied for CEC and got an email from CIC like this.

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. Please note that your file is in process and will continue to be processed at the Case Processing Pilot-Ottawa (“CPP-O”) office. I am writing you this letter to express my serious concern(s) regarding your application.

You have requested assessment under the occupation of software developer NOC 2174.

Then officer said that the reference letter and the initial offer letter from the company has different addresses but the company's website still has old address [i.e. the one mentioned in the initial offer letter ].

It will be necessary for you to address these concerns and provide further information to support your work experience in Canada for the company during your qualifying eligibility period. It will be necessary for you to provide Company's operations in Canada, your physical employment in Canada for the company (if this includes work at client sites you may provide evidence of this) and documents to substantiate paid employment in last 3 years such as contracts between you and the company and its clients.

You may submit any other additional information and/or documentation that you believe would allay my concern(s). You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit the additional information and/ or documentation to the above address.

Please ensure that you quote the file number indicated at the top of this letter on any information you submit. If you choose not to respond with additional information and/or documentation, or if your submission does not allay these concern(s), your application may be refused.

We look forward to receiving the additional information and/or documentation within 30 days.

I guess they are searching a lot on google with company name and since it is a small company they got suspicious.
Actually the company moved last year but in company`s website it was not updated . I raised this with concerned department and they fixed the address issue.

What do they mean by 'physical employment in canada' Would'nt T4 and Notice of Assesment Suffice. I mainly work for my employer in his office for their product and sometimes to go some ad hoc client's site on very small projects and some days from home.

What exactly they mean by ' contracts between you and the company ' . The offer letter serves as a contract between me and my company, I don't know what else to provide here ?

Regarding 'necessary for you to provide Company's operations in Canada' I have asked my employer and they are ready to reply CIC directly with some additional information/documents pertaining to this point.

Guys, I really need some help here. Any pointers ??

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lrow said:
Hi ,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. Please note that your file is in process and will continue to be processed at the Case Processing Pilot-Ottawa (“CPP-O”) office. I am writing you this letter to express my serious concern(s) regarding your application.

You have requested assessment under the occupation of software developer NOC 2174.

Then officer said that the reference letter and the initial offer letter from the company has different addresses but the company's website still has old address [i.e. the one mentioned in the initial offer letter ].

It will be necessary for you to address these concerns and provide further information to support your work experience in Canada for the company during your qualifying eligibility period. It will be necessary for you to provide Company's operations in Canada, your physical employment in Canada for the company (if this includes work at client sites you may provide evidence of this) and documents to substantiate paid employment in last 3 years such as contracts between you and the company and its clients.

You may submit any other additional information and/or documentation that you believe would allay my concern(s). You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit the additional information and/ or documentation to the above address.

Please ensure that you quote the file number indicated at the top of this letter on any information you submit. If you choose not to respond with additional information and/or documentation, or if your submission does not allay these concern(s), your application may be refused.

We look forward to receiving the additional information and/or documentation within 30 days.

I guess they are searching a lot on google with company name and since it is a small company they got suspicious.
Actually the company moved last year but in company`s website it was not updated . I raised this with concerned department and they fixed the address issue.

What do they mean by 'physical employment in canada' Would'nt T4 and Notice of Assesment Suffice. I mainly work for my employer in his office for their product and sometimes to go some ad hoc client's site on very small projects and some days from home.

What exactly they mean by ' contracts between you and the company ' . The offer letter serves as a contract between me and my company, I don't know what else to provide here ?

Regarding 'necessary for you to provide Company's operations in Canada' I have asked my employer and they are ready to reply CIC directly with some additional information/documents pertaining to this point.

Guys, I really need some help here. Any pointers ??
Can you let us see what was mentioned in your ref. letter? It may help!

random123

Star Member
Oct 16, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
Med's Request
16-01-2014
Med's Done....
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
08-02-2014
ditto jsm0085, this would be helpful, of course with personal details redacted. is it a big, mid-sized or small company?

jsm0085 said:
Can you let us see what was mentioned in your ref. letter? It may help!

canadacec2012

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lrow said:
Hi ,

better to take attorney suggestion at this point of time.

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
random123 said:
ditto jsm0085, this would be helpful, of course with personal details redacted. is it a big, mid-sized or small company?
Its a small company.

letter starts with ..

This letter is to confirm that <employeename> is currently a employee of <Company name>
His position is permanent and indeterminate.

Then next few lines it gives brief of my start date and high level summary of my role .

Then it details 4-5 bullet points of my duties For example one of the duties is ..
Designing and developing software applications using Java/J2EE.

Then this line .
<employee name> works 37.5 hours a week. His annual salary is <> CAD per annum.

Then a brief 6 lines about the company . Its a product company.

Signature etc.

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
canadacec2012 said:
better to take attorney suggestion at this point of time.
Hi canadacec2012,

I did consult an attorney and her suggestion was following ..

• Explain why address got changed .
  • Attach all your T4 and Notice of Assesments .
  • Reply to their email ccing your employer
  • let employer reply with his information and document . Like whatever he is ready to do
  • She was frustated / Confused herself with things like physical location and client contract. She said what do they mean by `physical location `. And when it comes to client it is company's private data

In the end she said I think you can handle it yourself.

[/list]

spookyb

Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Feb-2013
AOR Received.
22-Mar-2013
Med's Request
06-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
16-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
10-Apr-2014
This makes me worry about my own application. I work for a government agency. My offer letter was from head office in Edmonton, but my reference letter is from my site office in Calgary. To be fair, my agency is the largest employer in Alberta has dozens of offices throughout the province. I wouldn't even know how to get a letter from corporate head office.

random123

Star Member
Oct 16, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
Med's Request
16-01-2014
Med's Done....
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
08-02-2014
@spookyb, i know its hard not to worry but i think you will be fine, especially if its govt and its large. what address is on your T4?

@lrow, sounds like you got sound advice, follow it and i think you'll be fine too. Think about it this way, they could have rejected your application from the outset, but they are giving you a chance to make things clearer, not all applicants are given this opportunity. good luck.

spookyb said:
This makes me worry about my own application. I work for a government agency. My offer letter was from head office in Edmonton, but my reference letter is from my site office in Calgary. To be fair, my agency is the largest employer in Alberta has dozens of offices throughout the province. I wouldn't even know how to get a letter from corporate head office.

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
spookyb said:
Hi spookyb,

It seems that they are asking lot of question based on google search too :(

Regards,
Lalit

spookyb

Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Feb-2013
AOR Received.
22-Mar-2013
Med's Request
06-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
16-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
10-Apr-2014
random123 said:
@ spookyb, i know its hard not to worry but i think you will be fine, especially if its govt and its large. what address is on your T4?

@ lrow, sounds like you got sound advice, follow it and i think you'll be fine too. Think about it this way, they could have rejected your application from the outset, but they are giving you a chance to make things clearer, not all applicants are given this opportunity. good luck.
The address on my T4 is the head office address, so it is different from the one on my reference letter, which is my site office. Should I try to get a letter from head office? I don't want to complicate things with two reference letters from two different offices.

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
random123 said:
@ spookyb, i know its hard not to worry but i think you will be fine, especially if its govt and its large. what address is on your T4?

@ lrow, sounds like you got sound advice, follow it and i think you'll be fine too. Think about it this way, they could have rejected your application from the outset, but they are giving you a chance to make things clearer, not all applicants are given this opportunity. good luck.
Thanks random123 . I am bit relieved . Will focus on my email now.

Regards,
lrow

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lrow said:
Its a small company.

letter starts with ..

This letter is to confirm that <employeename> is currently a employee of <Company name>
His position is permanent and indeterminate.

Then next few lines it gives brief of my start date and high level summary of my role .

Then it details 4-5 bullet points of my duties For example one of the duties is ..
Designing and developing software applications using Java/J2EE.

Then this line .
<employee name> works 37.5 hours a week. His annual salary is <> CAD per annum.

Then a brief 6 lines about the company . Its a product company.

Signature etc.
I was really asking for the specific wording... If it mentioned clients etc it may have made CEC think that your work was not really for this company but for someone else. Similar to those who are employed through an agency but actually complete the work for someone else.

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
jsm0085 said:
I was really asking for the specific wording... If it mentioned clients etc it may have made CEC think that your work was not really for this company but for someone else. Similar to those who are employed through an agency but actually complete the work for someone else.
Thanks jsm0085 . There is no mention of clients in my reference letter.

random123

Star Member
Oct 16, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
Med's Request
16-01-2014
Med's Done....
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
08-02-2014
@spookyB you are correct. Don’t complicate it by sending another letter. I am sure this is a common scenario, especially with people who work in big companies where head office is located separately. (head office usually issues T4s). You will be fine :) :)

it’s the same in my case, but the official letterhead for my company has all the branch addresses, including headoffice, listed in the footer of the letterhead paper). For me, it gets complicated because my company was bought out on the day my boss wrote the letter (he did include this information about the impending takeover in the letter and attached a press release confirming the same, and indicated that the transition from company A to B is still in process)

So I am just as anxious as you. I don’t know how it will play out.

Lets just hope we prevail, keep me posted on your case!

spookyb said:
The address on my T4 is the head office address, so it is different from the one on my reference letter, which is my site office. Should I try to get a letter from head office? I don't want to complicate things with two reference letters from two different offices.