Application Rejected - How to ask for relook / reopen

paulharry

Sep 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SINGHQ0G said:
Hi,

MY application has been rejected with below comments. Can please people here guide me how can i reappeal to have relook with proper documents. Will emailing them with proper documents help me? Please suggest.

Your application was assessed based on the occupation(s) which you identified as part of your skilled work experience in Canada: NOC 2174.

I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirement because you have submitted no employment reference letter to confirm your hours, duties and positions held. The only documents of this nature on your file are two introductory letters dated Aug 2009 and Aug 2010 which indicate you have been nominated for a secondment to Canada, listing duties you will perform but no confirmation of past work in Canada is mentioned. Your pay package according to these letters is “not less than $50,000” but your T4s and pay slips testify only to approx $35,000 per year. A further letter from Aug 2011 is again an introductory letter, does not state which client you worked for, does not include any statement of duties, and is signed by an unknown “human resources” contact with no name provided.

In the absence of objective and verifiable evidence that you not only were nominated to work in NOC 2174, but that confirms you actually performed such duties, for at least two years of paid work in Canada, I am not satisfied that you have acquired the work experience necessary under the CEC.

get all documents and re apply . i hope they will process ur file fast this time.

Lin5321

Sep 9, 2012
@Singh,

I assume you submitted copy of your workpermit along with the application. It supposed to have the role which you're eligible to work on specified location. That alone sufficient to prove the role which you might have worked in canada.

Did you attach your copy of your old WP with application? Was it a open work permit?

Lin5321

Sep 9, 2012
@SINGH,

what are all documents you submitted at first, supporting your work experience claim. can you share the details

HBHAVANI

Mar 30, 2013
Hi SINGHQ0G,

My application is also rejected for same reason and same NOC. Do you got any updates from CIC after your email
Even I have sent email with explanation. Not sure will they re-look into this or not?

Your reply will be very helpful to me. I got email from CIC on last Sunday 24 March 2013.

Thanks In Advance.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

In the hope of helping out anyone else who is in a similar position, hopefully before applying, please see the below points: -

1) Submission without an employment ref. letter (From Canada) is going to be incredibly problematic unless you are lucky. Do everything you can before applying to get this letter.
2) If you are residing in Canada, then you must declare all income you received while you reside in Canada. Period! The original poster should actually have declared all income, including that which was received via the Indian company, in his tax return.

sara007

Jan 4, 2013
Hi HBHAVANI,

Can you share your details of rejection. I mean what all documents did you submitted in replacement of reference letter?

And what are your timelines?

HBHAVANI said:
Hi SINGHQ0G,

My application is also rejected for same reason and same NOC. Do you got any updates from CIC after your email
Even I have sent email with explanation. Not sure will they re-look into this or not?

Your reply will be very helpful to me. I got email from CIC on last Sunday 24 March 2013.

Thanks In Advance.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sara007 said:
Hi HBHAVANI,

Can you share your details of rejection. I mean what all documents did you submitted in replacement of reference letter?

And what are your timelines?
He provided job offer... Which just isn't enough !

Very few people have been accepted without an actual reference letter - and it's really down to the VO's discretion.

Job offer - no use as it's just a job offer, it doesn't confirm the applicant has actually completed the period of employment or duties.

Ref. letter - confirms everything that needs to be confirmed.

If someone can't provide the ref. letter, CIC wonder why not?

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HBHAVANI said:
Hi SINGHQ0G,

Thanks In Advance.
Can you please paste the content of the email which you received from CIC and what are your timelines?

rajjj

Oct 12, 2010
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
Doc's Request.
FEE PAID ONLINE
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
05- 04-2013
IELTS Request
yes
love-canada said:
Hi Singh,

Disheartening to hear this.

My friend, plesae do not waste time on thinking how to re-open ur file or going through lawyer on how to go forward with the refusal.

Though u have many options but let me tell you, finally you have to re-apply after u under go all the exhaustive steps suggested here.

So, Just come out of disappointment and think practically. Apply with all the required documentation again. This is the best oprion u have in front.

Bye...
agree with love Canada.....don't wait and

re apply
asap

aka024

Jan 22, 2013
HBHAVANI said:
Hi SINGHQ0G,

Thanks In Advance.
Hi HBhawani,

I am not sure about the documents that you can provide now but i know one thing that if you provide correct document verifying your application, they do reconsider and in some cases reopen the application even if they have closed it down.

Even my application was rejected for some reasons, though the reason what cic provided were invalid and showed lack of information at cic end. I sent them them all the required information with clarification. It took me few mails, few faxes and for cic they took a week and my application was re opened.

God bless the cic officers who actually read those emails and faxes and gave me a second chance, even though it wasn't my fault :)

So don't loose hope and give it one last shot.

Dilli

Aug 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
05-09-2012
Med's Request
Didnt come since advance Medicals
Med's Done....
Sep' 2012 (Advanced)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-09-2013
LANDED..........
24-09-2013
aka024 said:
Hi HBhawani,

I am not sure about the documents that you can provide now but i know one thing that if you provide correct document verifying your application, they do reconsider and in some cases reopen the application even if they have closed it down.

Even my application was rejected for some reasons, though the reason what cic provided were invalid and showed lack of information at cic end. I sent them them all the required information with clarification. It took me few mails, few faxes and for cic they took a week and my application was re opened.

God bless the cic officers who actually read those emails and faxes and gave me a second chance, even though it wasn't my fault :)

Hi Aka024, can you please elaborate why was your application rejected and how you succeeded in reopening it?

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aka024 said:
Hi HBhawani,

aka024, all of us would be really interested in knowing ur case a bit more in detail..Can you please let us know the reasons why your application was rejected and the ways you got it re-opened...

aka024

Jan 22, 2013
Hi,

Apologies for late reply, as i am a bit busy in office these days.

My application was rejected on 2 reasons,first for the 2 year duration that i stated VO mentioned i didn't had a valid work permit for around 2 months in between, therefore not counting the whole tenure to 2 years.

2nd reason was the payroll, my first year payroll didn't confirm to the full time employment leading to refusal.

As for the first reason i was under implied status as i had applied for work permit from inside canada and due to paper application taking time it got delayed. And to add on to it i travelled back to India during that time for vacation and got my work visa renewed from India. I received my money back here from CIC with a letter citing that as my application has been processed already we are returning the Work permit extension fees. So it seemed like CIC had no record of that i even applied. :eek:

I provided them with all the letters they sent, my application details for work permit extension, payment receipts and travel documents.

And for the second reason i searched through all the CIC documents for FSW(Foreign Skilled Workers) and found out the the per diems paid as part of salary(though Non Taxable and not accounted in T4) should be counted while making annual salary calculations. I supplied with the pay slips(which i already did earlier) clearly outlining the per diem part paid to me during the tenure. Although i knew about these details but i had to prove i was correct so i found the CIC link for it.

Initially when i replied to the refusal mail with all the above information i received a generic reply that we have considered all the scenario's before refusing. I again replied then in short and precise data points(my first mail was really big as i had too much to explain). I received no reply for few days. I again e mailed them all the documents and clarifications. Still no reply.
Then i faxed them all the details with a cover letter explaining everything.

Then after a week long wait, i received the golden mail that my application is being reconsidered and again asked me to submit all the documents that i mailed as my application was already closed in there records.

Hoping this would help someone in need.

God Bless

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aka024 said:
Hi,

Apologies for late reply, as i am a bit busy in office these days.

My application was rejected on 2 reasons,first for the 2 year duration that i stated VO mentioned i didn't had a valid work permit for around 2 months in between, therefore not counting the whole tenure to 2 years.

2nd reason was the payroll, my first year payroll didn't confirm to the full time employment leading to refusal.

As for the first reason i was under implied status as i had applied for work permit from inside canada and due to paper application taking time it got delayed. And to add on to it i travelled back to India during that time for vacation and got my work visa renewed from India. I received my money back here from CIC with a letter citing that as my application has been processed already we are returning the Work permit extension fees. So it seemed like CIC had no record of that i even applied. :eek:

I provided them with all the letters they sent, my application details for work permit extension, payment receipts and travel documents.

And for the second reason i searched through all the CIC documents for FSW(Foreign Skilled Workers) and found out the the per diems paid as part of salary(though Non Taxable and not accounted in T4) should be counted while making annual salary calculations. I supplied with the pay slips(which i already did earlier) clearly outlining the per diem part paid to me during the tenure. Although i knew about these details but i had to prove i was correct so i found the CIC link for it.

Initially when i replied to the refusal mail with all the above information i received a generic reply that we have considered all the scenario's before refusing. I again replied then in short and precise data points(my first mail was really big as i had too much to explain). I received no reply for few days. I again e mailed them all the documents and clarifications. Still no reply.
Then i faxed them all the details with a cover letter explaining everything.

Then after a week long wait, i received the golden mail that my application is being reconsidered and again asked me to submit all the documents that i mailed as my application was already closed in there records.

Hoping this would help someone in need.

God Bless
This is really good..hope everything goes on well this time..

Dimma

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
Hi AKA024 ,

Can you provide CIC link you have provided for your second reason ;

Is it
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2011/ob316.asp ?